Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avid readers, show some spine and share your covers .....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer is a disturbingly good read. It's autobiographical about a French/German teenger who volunteered for the German army in WW2 and tells, in unromantic details, his life on the Eastern Front.

Have to agree about Agent Zigzag aswell, it's a cracking good read. Read a few more bits about Eddie Chapman's life after the war, and I'm sure that's another book waiting to be written. Seemed like the sort of bloke you'd want to have a pint with, but wouldn't want your daughter to marry!
    Last edited by PNEPPC; 27-09-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PNEPPC View Post
      The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer is a disturbingly good read. It's autobiographical about a French/German teenger who volunteered for the German army in WW2 and tells, in unromantic details, his life on the Eastern Front.

Have to agree about Agent Zigzag aswell, it's a cracking good read. Read a few more bits about Eddie Chapman's life after the war, and I'm sure that's another book waiting to be written. Seemed like the sort of bloke you'd want to have a pint with, but wouldn't want your daughter to marry!
      There was a TV documentary done with Macintyre presenting which was about ZigZag / Chapman. There was actual footage of an interview with Chapman himself. Probs 3 or 4 years back.......... well worth digging out.

Edit - Chapman @ 12;58

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/yh...4c&action=view
      Last edited by pnematic; 27-09-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

In the middle of a very amusing novel by Jonas Jonasson "The accidental further adventures of the Hundred Year old Man". The first one he did " The Hundred Year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared" is also very funny. So for those who like an intelligent, wry, amusing take on the world, they both come highly recommended (PS, despite the title, it's not Sid's autobiography vol 1 and 2 )

Comment

Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post
          In the middle of a very amusing novel by Jonas Jonasson "The accidental further adventures of the Hundred Year old Man". The first one he did " The Hundred Year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared" is also very funny. So for those who like an intelligent, wry, amusing take on the world, they both come highly recommended (PS, despite the title, it's not Sid's autobiography vol 1 and 2 )
          I enjoyed the first book too, might give the second a try.
          Another I enjoyed was the unlikely pilgramage of Harold Fry.
          Oh let me get my hands on those .....

Comment

Originally posted by mozzchops View Post
            I enjoyed the first book too, might give the second a try.
            Another I enjoyed was the unlikely pilgramage of Harold Fry.
            If you enjoyed the first, you'll enjoy the second too I can guarantee it.

Comment

Har-dee-firkin-har
              Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Snot View Post
                Har-dee-firkin-har
                Took you long enough to get to the scurrilous reference

I blame your advanced years tbh.

Comment

Took you long enough to get to the scurrilous reference

I blame your advanced years tbh.
                  I don't usually read the edgerkational secshun .

Me too
                  Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER.

Comment

Just finished Jon Parkins. Was an easy read, he didnít like Phil Browne, Steve Parkin or Graham Alexander very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X