No announcement yet.

The Apprentice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair to it, even though its been done to death, it is a small flickering light in an otherwise dark abyss of television shite.

Comment

It is bloody excellent compulsive viewing!

Some reet boring bastards on here!
      RIP Kurt
      Best mates for 14 years
      09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post

Its so bad, that its brilliant !!!

I never miss it...........

Comment

The fact all the candidates are already successful in their own right before entering the competition and yet come across as complete dicks, seriously makes me think what a complete loser I must be.
          It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHodgeheg123 View Post
            The fact all the candidates are already successful in their own right before entering the competition and yet come across as complete dicks, seriously makes me think what a complete loser I must be.
            I knew one of the candidates from a series a few years back - he wasn't as successful as he claimed to be....bullshit and bluster and smoke and mirrors rather than actual, tangible success.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post

I used to really enjoy The Apprentice, but my interest waned 4/5 years ago, and haven't bothered with it in recent years. I have actually watched the first 2 episodes of the newest series and, as suspected, it's utter shite.

The earlier series made for classic television, with some legendary moments. Back then it seemed the show actually featured 'real people' who had something about them. It was more serious and orientated around the task/job offer. More recent series just fixate on the complete idiocy of the candidates - the recruiters must single out the most useless, delusional fools going and design the whole show to make them look as idiotic as possible.

It's like an odder version of Big Brother. I think the decline partly stems from when Sugar changed the end prize from a ready made job to a business start up opportunity a few years back. Run it's course methinks.
              Last edited by Doc Brown; 13-10-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X