Give up drinking Alcohol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give up drinking Alcohol

I gave up drinking alcohol new years day. I had been planning to do so for a few month prior to that. I found my favourite alcohol of choice to be Wine and loved a Whisky. I got fed up with hangovers and the general malaise after drinking that would occur. I worked out I was spending in access of 150 pounds per month on alcohol. I wouldn't drink during the day or obviously when I worked but mainly at night.
    I found that willpower can work but isn't so successful as seeing alcohol in a new way. I recommend the below book (ps it's not the Chatty Man, also his book on quitting smoking is supposed to be great to but I've never smoked)
    I now definitely feel much better and enjoy dropping the kids off at school without hangover or feeling fuzzy headed. I also enjoy television much more as don't miss stuff the same as when pissed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Hitch 22 View Post
    I gave up drinking alcohol new years day. I had been planning to do so for a few month prior to that. I found my favourite alcohol of choice to be Wine and loved a Whiskey. I got fed up with hangovers and the general malaise after drinking that would occur. I worked out I was spending in access of 150 pounds per month on alcohol. I wouldn't drink during the day or obviously when I worked but mainly at night.
    I found that willpower can work but isn't so successful as seeing alcohol in a new way. I recommend the below book (ps it's not the Chatty Man, also his book on quitting smoking is supposed to be great to but I've never smoked)
    I now definitely feel much better and enjoy dropping the kids off at school without hangover or feeling fuzzy headed. I also enjoy television much more as don't miss stuff the same as when pissed.

Comment

Well done It's easy once you've got a month out of the way. Wine was my downfall as well, used it far too often to turn my brain off with the stress of work. I did a dry December just to really test myself! I have the odd can of lager now and then or maybe even 2 but wine & spirits are banned. The constant tiredness, lethargy and hangovers I don't miss at all. And Haven't been banned from the forum as much

Comment

Originally posted by marsbars View Post
        Well done It's easy once you've got a month out of the way. Wine was my downfall as well, used it far too often to turn my brain off with the stress of work. I did a dry December just to really test myself! I have the odd can of lager now and then or maybe even 2 but wine & spirits are banned. The constant tiredness, lethargy and hangovers I don't miss at all. And Haven't been banned from the forum as much
        Ha yea Gin and the lovely tonics now available also became staple to the alcohol diet. I also used to make silly posts that I regretted particularly under my old username dylanesque. I also used to have a rather expensive habit of ordering books, cds and crap I didn't need with reciepts emails next day

Comment

You came close yesterday - what had you been drinking ??

Comment

Jesus, that makes your abuse worse.....

No excuse.
            Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitch 22 View Post
              Ha yea Gin and the lovely tonics now available also became staple to the alcohol diet. I also used to make silly posts that I regretted particularly under my old username dylanesque. I also used to have a rather expensive habit of ordering books, cds and crap I didn't need with reciepts emails next day

Under the influence on line purchasing & social media .... NO NO NO lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nobber View Post
                Jesus, that makes your abuse worse.....

No excuse.
                I can people to fuck off sober without any problem. So, Fuck off

Comment

Yet just this morning you were asking whether it was to early to start drinking......around 11am I think.
                  Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Yet just this morning you were asking whether it was to early to start drinking......around 11am I think.
                    A joke about my workload as you well know. This may come as a huge shock to you, but I don't care what you think

Comment

A joke about my workload as you well know. This may come as a huge shock to you, but I don't care what you think
                      I donít really care what you drink.

Comment

I donít really care what you drink.
                        We're all happy then.

Comment

At least you got a few more years under your belt than the likes of Boyle and Skinner.

The Two Frankies only managed a decade, quit and have spent longer banging on about it.

Lightweights.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                          Working...
                          X