Sick Grenfell Tower video.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick Grenfell Tower video.

Anyone seen this? I have come across it on social media and it is disgusting. I cannot believe that people think itís funny, plus the fact that they think itís acceptable to film it and maybe post on social media? Can only think itís the only way it has come to light. If that is so, they really are short of brain cells. You can see some faces clearly, so they are seriously going to end up getting some grief, canít say I have much sympathy to be honest.

Saw the story on the ten o'clock news. Some people are brain dead.

Comment

5 men have been arrested in connection with a video showing the burning of an effigy of Grenfell Tower.

Met Police said the men - two aged 49 and the rest aged 19, 46 & 55 handed themselves in to a south London police station.
      "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

While sick making fun of this , There are some who just like to be offended, we may as well shut all the comedy clubs down now for goodness sake get a grip what crime has been committed? I am sure this will be investigated with many hours of police time wasted, just to appease those who like to be offended but god help you if you get your house burgled you may even get given a crime number if you are lucky.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT
        WE ARE NOT LEAVING .

Comment

How sick are some people....... It was pre-meditated and planned - they should go to prison !

Comment

Originally posted by Ando60 View Post
            How sick are some people....... It was pre-meditated and planned - they should go to prison !
            Get in the real world get a grip jeez...

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT
            WE ARE NOT LEAVING .

Comment

Originally posted by sussexrob View Post
              While sick making fun of this , There are some who just like to be offended, we may as well shut all the comedy clubs down now for goodness sake get a grip what crime has been committed? I am sure this will be investigated with many hours of police time wasted, just to appease those who like to be offended but god help you if you get your house burgled you may even get given a crime number if you are lucky.
              A public order offence.

Comment

Clearly this is horrific behaviour but I was also wondering what the criminal offence is here. Sadly being terminally stupid is not (yet) a criminal offence and burning effigies at this time of year is pretty common. I'm in no way condoning it but given the police just last week were saying that they should focus more on violent offences etc I do wonder what "public order offence" has been committed here.

Comment

Fully agree - it was very sick, and I would hope that their friends, family, and employers have something to say. Arresting them, though? Some worrying implications for freedom of speech.
                  Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

Making fun of a tragedy I would say is just pathetic and to see the ages of those arrested is downright embarrassing. I thought it was going to say a few school kids had been caught doing it. Probably the same sort of people who would make Munich jokes at a Man Utd fan. It causes great offence and could lead to disturbance if people react. It's amazing how some people can show such outrage at a footballer not wearing a poppy, but then can't see anything wrong with this kind of thing?
                    Last edited by Dirty Harry; 06-11-2018, 11:03 AM.
                    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                      Making fun of a tragedy I would say is just pathetic and to see the ages of those arrested is downright embarrassing. I thought it was going to say a few school kids had been caught doing it. Probably the same sort of people who would make Munich jokes at a Man Utd fan. It causes great offence and could lead to disturbance if people react. It's amazing how some people can show such outrage at a footballer not wearing a poppy, but then can't see anything wrong with this kind of thing?
                      Seems to me that the same people who are outraged at the footballer are the people who think this just a bit of fun.

Strange world init.
                      "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp Blatter View Post

Fully agree - it was very sick, and I would hope that their friends, family, and employers have something to say. Arresting them, though? Some worrying implications for freedom of speech.
                        Freedom of speech isn't, and never has been, unfettered. Can't see what offence has been committed though, apart from being utter twats and that's not criminal (unfortunately)

Comment

I would guess the offence here is one of outraging public decency.
                          Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post

Freedom of speech isn't, and never has been, unfettered. Can't see what offence has been committed though, apart from being utter twats and that's not criminal (unfortunately)

Of course not but I'm struggling a bit with this one. Remember the pillock that taught his dog to goose step and respond to nazi slogans?... From memory he was definately convicted of a " hate crime " although I don't recal what the sentence was. I actually saw the funny side of that and found it to be ridiculous that he was arrested let alone convicted ( as may I add did many prominent jews that were quoted at the time )... A right old bollocking would have been sufficient in my view.

Can't see anything funny about this one though but the reasoning remains the same.. Should we be convicting fuckwits for being just that?... I know it's tempting but is it right?...
                            Vote For John Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                              I would guess the offence here is one of outraging public decency.

There's the problem H ... Who determines what " public decency " is ( let alone outraging it ) ?
                              Vote For John Brown

Comment

Working...
                              X