This week in tory run Britain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nobber View Post
    Would you accept it if your boss came to you and said you were to take a pay cut as they felt you would still have a normal lifestyle?
    Depends on the context, if he offered me a paycut and guaranteed my job for x years or said keep your pay as it is but you might be made redundant next year. That could sway my views

Look I know turkeys aren't going to vote for xmas which is why you are all so adamant that nothing can ever change. But just like what you say about brexit, if you keep giving the workers and younger generations the hits, eventually they have enough and rail against it just like the Brexit vote is apparently because of the disillusioned finally having enough of bearing the brunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post

CPI index linking has already had an impact....perhaps we should advocate a 1% cap like the public sector suffered for years?
      Need not be as simplistic as that as long as the funds and the contributions grow at a greater rate than the outflows

Comment

• Originally posted by jakehake View Post

Depends on the context, if he offered me a paycut and guaranteed my job for x years or said keep your pay as it is but you might be made redundant next year. That could sway my views

Look I know turkeys aren't going to vote for xmas which is why you are all so adamant that nothing can ever change. But just like what you say about brexit, if you keep giving the workers and younger generations the hits, eventually they have enough and rail against it just like the Brexit vote is apparently because of the disillusioned finally having enough of bearing the brunt.
        and there we have it, finally.

Many of these with decent pensions accepted terms in the Public sector which were much lower than in the private knowing that theyd provided well for their own futures.

"The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Need not be as simplistic as that as long as the funds and the contributions grow at a greater rate than the outflows
          Which is surely why every major scheme has increased contributions and reduced the benefits?

Comment

• Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post

Which is surely why every major scheme has increased contributions and reduced the benefits?
            For contributors but not recipients seemingly

Comment

No, there is no extended promise. They are just going to cut your income, forever. With you having no other option to raise cash elsewhere.

You wouldnt accept that,

but you'd happily enforce it on others.
              Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

For contributors but not recipients seemingly
                The future recipients will receive what they agreed to, just as the people who signed up to their schemes years ago receive what they agreed to today.

Remember that the majority of these pensions are for major companies that have made multi millions. Perhaps if these larger companies plugged the gaps in th contributions that they agreed to rather than pocketing the millions their wouldn’t be these gaps?

Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Working...
                X