Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by raefil View Post
    First poor PMQs that hes had, amazing how the vultures arrive.

    May was shite despite corbyns off day.
    On the rare occasions that PMQs stray into Brexit territory, Jezza is feeble. If he could/would only bring his normal A game to the Brexit questions he'd skewer May.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by europne View Post
      Do you honestly think they have enough to run the country in their line up??

      Iím not at all impressed by May and her performance, but itís a job for a fall guy, whoever does it itís going to be a fuck up. We just have to hang on through the stormy waters and start sorting the mess when it gets calmer. Itís not a time to change, only idiots would apply anyway, itís like managing Sunderland, itís going to fuck up anyway.
      Keeeeeep Stamping
      Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by raefil View Post
        First poor PMQs that hes had, amazing how the vultures arrive.

        May was shite despite corbyns off day.
        Didn't get chance to watch the full PMQ and have only seen snippets and reports - he actually comes across well in most of those. Shows how editing can make all the difference! If most people only see such reports, his poor performance might not have been too damaging.

        With the caveat that I haven't seen the printed newspapers, of course, so I don't know if it is a different story there.
        Soup is Good Food

        Life in Sparta, Greece

        Comment


        • Very little coverage of that PMQs in the media, Sepp.

          They tend to steer clear of majoring on PMQs, ive noticed.

          I think its fair to say that the Brexit thing is he seems happy to leave to Keir Starmer.
          "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

          Justin Welby

          Comment


          • Originally posted by raefil View Post
            Very little coverage of that PMQs in the media, Sepp.

            They tend to steer clear of majoring on PMQs, ive noticed.

            I think its fair to say that the Brexit thing is he seems happy to leave to Keir Starmer.
            And that has changed - remember a while back where they often led with PMQs and delighted in skewering Corbyn.

            My take on it is that I think he may be right to leave it to Starmer - if he goes in too hard, there is the risk that the Tories will deflect all the blame for their problems Brexit onto him, as they have in the past. Things like accusing him of undermining the UK's position etc. He has to appease remainers and leave voters alike - as May has found, that can be a tricky balancing act!
            Soup is Good Food

            Life in Sparta, Greece

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
              And that has changed - remember a while back where they often led with PMQs and delighted in skewering Corbyn.

              My take on it is that I think he may be right to leave it to Starmer - if he goes in too hard, there is the risk that the Tories will deflect all the blame for their problems Brexit onto him, as they have in the past. Things like accusing him of undermining the UK's position etc. He has to appease remainers and leave voters alike - as May has found, that can be a tricky balancing act!
              He was abject yesterday. I watched in the hope that he would wipe the floor with May and was sadly disappointed. Yesterday was a golden opportunity to forensically dissect the utterly dishonest approach taken by Davis and the farcical DUP situation. Instead he was as robust as a stick of limp celery.....I was very disheartened I have to say. The Guardian verdict was the same as mine.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post
                He was abject yesterday. I watched in the hope that he would wipe the floor with May and was sadly disappointed. Yesterday was a golden opportunity to forensically dissect the utterly dishonest approach taken by Davis and the farcical DUP situation. Instead he was as robust as a stick of limp celery.....I was very disheartened I have to say. The Guardian verdict was the same as mine.
                Was going to catch up on it but might not bother now!

                What I am trying to ask is how damaging will it be to him if it has not really been reported, because most people judge PMQ through the media lens? That's something I can only go by according to the online press and TV news, so I really don't have the full picture. The BBC reports we saw focused only on May's weaknesses rather than Corbyn's, hence my questions
                Soup is Good Food

                Life in Sparta, Greece

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
                  Was going to catch up on it but might not bother now!

                  What I am trying to ask is how damaging will it be to him if it has not really been reported, because most people judge PMQ through the media lens? That's something I can only go by according to the online press and TV news, so I really don't have the full picture. The BBC reports we saw focused only on May's weaknesses rather than Corbyn's, hence my questions
                  I dont think it will damage him particularly because, as you say, the press majored elsewhere. I speak as a supporter who is disappointed that our star striker failed to put away a series of open goals!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post
                    He was abject yesterday. I watched in the hope that he would wipe the floor with May and was sadly disappointed. Yesterday was a golden opportunity to forensically dissect the utterly dishonest approach taken by Davis and the farcical DUP situation. Instead he was as robust as a stick of limp celery.....I was very disheartened I have to say. The Guardian verdict was the same as mine.
                    Glad it wasn't just me who saw it like that.

                    Nice One.
                    ďHe was world famous but he never won a championship medal or an FA Cup winnerís medal. He won something much more important: the hearts of his team-mates, the supporters, opposing players even and of the whole country.Ē - Jimmy Armfield

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post
                      I dont think it will damage him particularly because, as you say, the press majored elsewhere. I speak as a supporter who is disappointed that our star striker failed to put away a series of open goals!
                      Let's hope for an improvement - the government is definitely teetering at the moment
                      Soup is Good Food

                      Life in Sparta, Greece

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by europne View Post
                        Voting out was a stupid venture into the unknown, putting labour into power would just show the rest of the world what a chaotic little country we have now turned into.

                        Is there a decent leader to be found anywhere in Parliament regardless of party???

                        We are a country of Minions, we need a leader.
                        Modern politics and politicians wear the mask of democracy , purporting to represent the wishes of the people they represent.

                        This is pure theatre.

                        They are mere puppets , marionettes and front line mouthpieces for other bodies. Be that the Unions, big business, lobbyists, action groups, environmentalists, global corporations , blah , blah. In effect , those groups who have their own agenda to achieve their goals whether financial or otherwise. Oh they ll flower it up as true representation of course , but the more enlightened in society have seen through this high end game of charades.

                        And yet , we are conditioned to follow party politics, we have to wear the teams colours, often when we disagree with the line up and tactics .... sometimes we support another team just so our rivals will fall, blind to the failing of our own " side".

                        Don't think someone will emerge as a true political statesperson, they wont be allowed to, natural progress is controlled and diverted as necessary.

                        Comment


                        • I get what youre saying Mat but there are those who honestly believe that Farage is that politcal statesperson, wheras myself and others just think hes an opportunist twat.

                          I believe that corbyn is that Statesperson whereas you think hes a twat

                          Its how it works.
                          "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

                          Justin Welby

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by raefil View Post
                            I get what youre saying Mat but there are those who honestly believe that Farage is that politcal statesperson, wheras myself and others just think hes an opportunist twat.

                            I believe that corbyn is that Statesperson whereas you think hes a twat

                            Its how it works.
                            Whereas everyone agrees that Gove is a twat
                            Soup is Good Food

                            Life in Sparta, Greece

                            Comment


                            • snigger
                              "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

                              Justin Welby

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by raefil View Post
                                I get what youre saying Mat but there are those who honestly believe that Farage is that politcal statesperson, wheras myself and others just think hes an opportunist twat.

                                I believe that corbyn is that Statesperson whereas you think hes a twat

                                Its how it works.

                                I don't think Corbyn is a twat at all- Im sure hes a nice chap , I don't think he fit to lead the country, as is May,Abbott, McDonnell, Gove , Johnson, Farage et all...... or indeed anyone else in the frame.

                                Either way it doesn't matter cos they aren't in control anyway.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X