Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    How many states without a nuclear deterrent have been subject to nuclear attack since 1945?
    What a stupid comparison. There are plenty that have been attacked and generally defeated . If you are happy for us to giver up our deterrent and significantly increase the chance of being attacked then so be it.
    I would prefer to rely on what has worked for us since 1945.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by flippinheck View Post
      What a stupid comparison. There are plenty that have been attacked and generally defeated . If you are happy for us to giver up our deterrent and significantly increase the chance of being attacked then so be it.
      I would prefer to rely on what has worked for us since 1945.
      Sorry to be a bore, Britain only got a nuclear capability in 1952. Our only nuclear "opponent" was the USSR and we were not going to attack them "independently". Funnily enough, nuclear America struggled against non-nuclear Vietnam and nuclear Russia had to leave non-nuclear Afghanistan.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Waltz View Post
        Sorry to be a bore, Britain only got a nuclear capability in 1952. Our only nuclear "opponent" was the USSR and we were not going to attack them "independently". Funnily enough, nuclear America struggled against non-nuclear Vietnam and nuclear Russia had to leave non-nuclear Afghanistan.
        Psst.... I think nukes are to stop you being attacked............I'm pretty sure that Vietnam and Afghanistan were the ones being attacked by the big boys................ Nuking em after getting bloody noses might have come across as an overeaction and a tad churlish...
        Vote For John Brown

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Liberation View Post
          Psst.... I think nukes are to stop you being attacked............I'm pretty sure that Vietnam and Afghanistan were the ones being attacked by the big boys................ Nuking em after getting bloody noses might have come across as an overeaction and a tad churlish...
          I could explain but, we got attacked by Argentina. Israel were attacked by several countries, I could go on.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Liberation View Post
            Psst.... I think nukes are to stop you being attacked............I'm pretty sure that Vietnam and Afghanistan were the ones being attacked by the big boys................ Nuking em after getting bloody noses might have come across as an overeaction and a tad churlish...
            Who is going to attack us with nuclear weapons?

            Comment


            • The money would be handy

              Comment


              • Originally posted by flippinheck View Post
                What a stupid comparison. There are plenty that have been attacked and generally defeated . If you are happy for us to giver up our deterrent and significantly increase the chance of being attacked then so be it.
                I would prefer to rely on what has worked for us since 1945.
                It was a question, not a comparison, but thank you for responding in such a charming manner. Yes I am happy to stop wasting money on Trident and you cannot prove that such a move would lead to nuclear Armageddon. Btw, who are you worried about?

                Comment


                • What a stupid comparison. There are plenty that have been attacked and generally defeated . If you are happy for us to giver up our deterrent and significantly increase the chance of being attacked then so be it.
                  I would prefer to rely on what has worked for us since 1945.
                  sounds good to me, I think its now called the EU
                  "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

                  Justin Welby

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by raefil View Post
                    sounds good to me, I think its now called the EU
                    1945 was a good year to start the eu..........
                    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hitchhiker View Post
                      The money would be handy
                      Thanks to mismanagement of the economy by the Tories over last 7 and a bit years, I don’t think it matters much how much we end up paying the EU, we’ll still be in heaps of debt.

                      Apart from the obvious, what’s the real difference between say 890 billion and 900 billion?

                      What we do need though is cash flow which means trade, and we can’t afford to disadvantage ourselves in one of the 3 biggest markets in the world, especially considering it’s over half of our current export market.

                      And don’t forget, trade and exports means jobs.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LostinSpace View Post
                        Thanks to mismanagement of the economy by the Tories over last 7 and a bit years, I don’t think it matters much how much we end up paying the EU, we’ll still be in heaps of debt.

                        Apart from the obvious, what’s the real difference between say 890 billion and 900 billion?

                        What we do need though is cash flow which means trade, and we can’t afford to disadvantage ourselves in one of the 3 biggest markets in the world, especially considering it’s over half of our current export market.

                        And don’t forget, trade and exports means jobs.
                        I think we were talking about Trident

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LostinSpace View Post
                          Thanks to mismanagement of the economy by the Tories over last 7 and a bit years, I don’t think it matters much how much we end up paying the EU, we’ll still be in heaps of debt.

                          Apart from the obvious, what’s the real difference between say 890 billion and 900 billion?

                          What we do need though is cash flow which means trade, and we can’t afford to disadvantage ourselves in one of the 3 biggest markets in the world, especially considering it’s over half of our current export market.

                          And don’t forget, trade and exports means jobs.
                          It doesn't matter how much we pay them?

                          We throw billions at them for nowt and that's ok?

                          Jesus you're desperate.
                          Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post
                            Who is going to attack us with nuclear weapons?
                            With a bit of luck nobody or we could hit them back...... Mind you that loony in N Korea might not worry too much about that........ Seriously, I have mixed feelings on this one. Maybe keeping older nukes as a deterent rather than the shiny zillion pound nukes that " Harrods Would Sell You " might be a better option/compromise..
                            Vote For John Brown

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Liberation View Post
                              With a bit of luck nobody or we could hit them back...... Mind you that loony in N Korea might not worry too much about that........ Seriously, I have mixed feelings on this one. Maybe keeping older nukes as a deterent rather than the shiny zillion pound nukes that " Harrods Would Sell You " might be a better option/compromise..
                              Any of the "rogue states" like N Korea. aren't going to be bothered much about whether we have them or not when going through the who shall we attack discussions. The fact that we don't actually have a truly independent deterrent and rely on the USA for delivery capability, doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy either.

                              Comment


                              • Reality starting to hit?

                                https://www.channel4.com/news/leave-...uble-standards
                                "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

                                Justin Welby

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X