X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nobber View Post
    Maybe she can see the truth of what they池e trying to do..,,,
    Yes of course.

Now i wonder who else may have rebelled?

Oh yes

Hilary Benn
    "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

• Originally posted by raefil View Post

all very confusing, resigning over something that Labour agreed with her on?
      Does seem a bit strange - the Labour front bench was ordered to abstain, so collective responsibility meant she had to resign to actually vote against the motion. She has a majority of only 48 in an area that voted leave, so maybe she has an eye on her own electorate and the next general election.
      Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

Woh lads, I got pelters for saying the eu is a Nazi dream.

It is, obviously, no doubt about it,

But be careful, they get wheely wheely upset about that fact.
        Now I know you're mad!

You still don't get it, the far right want Brexit!!!!!

Are you a closet Nazi?

Comment

• Originally posted by LostinSpace View Post
          Now I know you're mad!

You still don't get it, the far right want Brexit!!!!!

Are you a closet Nazi?
          fuck off.
          Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Yes of course.

Now i wonder who else may have rebelled?

Oh yes

Hilary Benn
            So what?
            Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

So what?
              One rebelled cos she, well agreed with corbyns stance, odd.

The other rebelled because he didnt.

weird really.
              "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

fuck off.
                On form today, Adolf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waltz View Post
                  On form today, Adolf.
                  Morning Rich.

Comment

One rebelled cos she, well agreed with corbyns stance, odd.

The other rebelled because he didnt.

weird really.
                    They both went against the Party line so, both had to stand down from the front bench.

Comment

Morning Rich.
                      Funny as fuck.

Comment

all very confusing, resigning over something that Labour agreed with her on?
                        I think it might be more to do with Labour痴 overall policy on Brexit, which is either frustrate the whole process so it never happens, or if not that try and achieve something that looks nothing like what Ms Smiths constituents voted for, and she knows it. Not being part of the EEA is perhaps the one bit she did agree with !

I quote my earlier post

Originally posted by chorleythehord View Post
                        Labour will attempt to keep Britain permanently tied to the single marketafter leaving the EU and bound by the rulings of the European Court of Justice during a crucial Brexit vote next week.

Jeremy Corbyn has tabled an amendment to the EU withdrawal bill calling for "full access" to the single market, shared institutions and regulations with Brussels and "common minimum standards, rights and protections".p

The move is intended to see off a rebellion by up to 70 Labour MPs over a Lords amendment which will keep Britain in the European Economic Area.

However it is still likely to mean Britain would be forced to accept rulings by the European Court of Justice and free movement in exchange for access to the single market.

The UK would also have to continue to pay into the EU budget for access. Mr Corbyn said: "We are confident we can build a new relationship with the EU. We want the UK to have a better deal than the Norway [a member of the European Economic Area] model."

It is understood Labour MPs will abstain on the Lords EEA amendment but will be asked to back the party's call for a "bespoke" deal which would see shared UK-EU institutions and regulations.

Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer said: "Labour will only accept a Brexit deal that delivers the benefits of the single market and protects jobs and living standards.

"Unlike the Tories, Labour will not sacrifice jobs and the economy in the pursuit of a reckless and extreme interpretation of the referendum result.

"Existing single market agreements that the EU has negotiated with third countries, including Norway, are bespoke deals negotiated with the EU to serve the best interests of those countries.

"We need to learn from them and negotiate our own more ambitious agreement, which serves our economic interests and which prevents a hard border in Northern Ireland.

"Two years on from the referendum it is clear that the Government has no plan for how it will protect jobs and the economy, and guarantee no hard border in Northern Ireland.

"Labour's amendment, along with a commitment to negotiate a new comprehensive customs union with the EU, is a strong and balanced package that would retain the benefits of the single market.

"Parliament should have the opportunity to debate and vote on it."

From the telegraph
                        覧覧-++覧覧覧覧覧覧-++-++覧覧覧覧-

So let痴 work this out

Still in the internal market
                        Still in the customs union
                        Still bound by EU laws and regulations
                        European court of Justice reigns supreme over British Law
                        Restrictions on freedoms to do our own trade deals with rest of world
                        Freedom of movement continues
                        Still paying in to the EU coffers.

Which part of Jezzas vision for Brexit is any different to how we were?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waltz View Post
                          Funny as fuck.
                          You might want to report it

Comment

You might want to report it
                            Ok then.
                            Marsbars, your mate is a paranoid nut job!

Comment

• Originally posted by chorleythehord View Post
                              I think it might be more to do with Labour痴 overall policy on Brexit, which is either frustrate the whole process so it never happens, or if not that try and achieve something that looks nothing like what Ms Smiths constituents voted for, and she knows it. Not being part of the EEA is perhaps the one bit she did agree with !

I quote my earlier post
                              The problem being that the one who resigned is a remainer.

Justin Welby

Comment

The problem being that the one who resigned is a remainer.
                                Yes, but read her quotes. She is backing her constituents , won稚 have them called racists , and Wants to help deliver a Brexit as close as possible to what they voted for. It痴 not the place of politicians to tell the people they were wrong

I致e no problem with remainer MPs doing the honourable thing. My problem is with the weasels that pay lip service to the vote but blatantly try and frustrate the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X