No announcement yet.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iím really confused why so many of you seem to be slapping yourselves on the back because youíve created an environment that the Tories (or Labour had they been in power) are unable to salvage a palatable outcome from.

Thatís called, at itís very best, cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Comment

• Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post
      It would never do for us to agree. Next thing would be that I'd agree with Nobber or Sliper....it's a slippery slope
      About bloody time.
      Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

sorry, that's absolute nonsense. It is not the responsibility of HM Opposition to sort out Brexit. We elected a government to do that on our behalf. Their failure to get a grip is exactly that - THEIR failure. If they cannot do it, they should call a General Election. Trying to blame Corbyn et al for this clusterfuck is monumentally silly. The Labour Party has a clear position on Brexit. I have already posted the manifesto commitment several times on this thread already. That is Labour policy. The job of the opposition is to hold government to account, that's what is happening and pretending that any opposition could or should support the utter farce that the government is presiding over is neither appropriate nor ever going to happen until and unless some sort of proper deal is on the table which Labour can endorse. What we have at the moment is only a pair of dropped trousers short of a Brian Rix farce.
        You are very good at side stepping the point and answering a related point that hasn't actually been made.. it seems to be a common trait among Remainers.

Essex 's debating technique.. and your dance partner Raef dressed in sequins responds to your move and agrees with you on the point that you are making in response to a point that wasn't made in the first place.

You two should enter "strictly"
        Last edited by sliper; 15-09-2018, 09:37 AM.
        If you pay to watch the Premier League on TV.. you are part of the problem !

Comment

• Originally posted by sliper View Post
          You are very good at side stepping the point and answering a related point that hasn't actually been made.. it seems to be a common trait among Remainers.

Essex 's debating technique..

Twaddle. I dont dance....ever!

Your attempt to ignore Labour policy and blame JC for not rolling over and accepting a terrible deal smacks of myopia imho. This government is responsible, that's how a parliamentary democracy works. As I said, if they cant get a deal then they should call an election and let Labour have a go

Comment

Essex 's debating technique.. and your dance partner Raef dressed in sequins responds to your move and agrees with you on the point that you are making in response to a point that wasn't made in the first place.

You two should enter "strictly"
            I have a vision - itís mildly disturbing but quaint.

Comment

• Raefil loves dancing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Your attempt to ignore Labour policy and blame JC for not rolling over and accepting a terrible deal smacks of myopia imho. This government is responsible, that's how a parliamentary democracy works. As I said, if they cant get a deal then they should call an election and let Labour have a go
                As far as I can make out.. Labour policy is to do and say very little... and what little they say shows that they are divided on the issue. And just wait for the Tories to fail.

At a time when the country needs leadership and political vision.. especially from "the government in waiting". It's hardly inspiring is it ?

"I'm going to vote Labour because they sat on their hands and did nothing".. I can't see that winning the key marginals.

Last edited by sliper; 15-09-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

As far as I can make out.. Labour policy is to do and say very little... and what little they say shows that they are divided on the issue. And just wait for the Tories to fail.

At a time when the country needs leadership and vision is called for.. especially from the government in waiting. It's hardly inspiring.
                  Wow

This the Tories doing all of it. If every single member of the none tories, in parliament, voted against it, the tories with their DUP mates would still win.

Oh and as for divided, of course theyre divided, its you clowns that still havent realised that nearly half the country voted against this stupidity
                  "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

• Originally posted by raefil View Post
                    Wow

This the Tories doing all of it. If every single member of the none tories, in parliament, voted against it, the tories with their DUP mates would still win.

Oh and as for divided, of course theyre divided, its you clowns that still havent realised that nearly half the country voted against this stupidity
                    Last edited by sliper; 15-09-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Improvement, Nobs had me with a zimmer frame earlier
                      "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Improvement, Nobs had me with a zimmer frame earlier
                        This has got to be you.. red brick is a dead giveway.

Comment

At a time when the country needs leadership and vision is called for.. especially from the government in waiting. It's hardly inspiring.
                          I honestly don't know what you think the opposition can do other than hold the government to account, which they are doing. Meanwhile, the Tories are expending huge amounts of energy on fighting each other to the detriment of the country. Tory infighting is the focus when getting a proper deal is what these clowns were elected to do. Instead, the ERG seem intent on trying to foist their utterly risible ideas on the country, BoJO is trying to manoeuvre his way into No 10 and the barking mad Brexiteers like IDS, Patel, Redwood, Bone, Fox, Davis are trying to outdo each other in their idiotic Panglossian view of the world.

Sod the lot of them.

Comment

Wow

Actually it was 1.3 million less than those that actually voted for it.... And those that voted out weren't all labour, tories or anything else.. They were just collectively pissed off and I'm pretty sure that they still are.... It's our weak politicians that are buggering this up and nothing else. And as I've said before many times, having piss poor leadership isn't a good reason to do the wrong thing... But plenty of you " clowns " did exactly that.
                            Vote For John Brown

Comment

I honestly don't know what you think the opposition can do other than hold the government to account, which they are doing.
                              They could outline a constructive way forward that unites the country and makes people think they will handle this better than the Tories.. and makes them think "I'll vote for them.. they've got their act together"

Just imagine future Labour Party conference's
                              Last edited by sliper; 15-09-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

They could outline a constructive way forward that unites the country and makes people think they will handle this better than the Tories.. and makes them think "I'll vote for them.. they've got their act together"

Just imagine future Labour Party conference's
                                Agreed , any strong Opposition in waiting would be making mincemeat of the current debacle - and banking votes for a future election.

Comment

Working...
                                X