Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sliper View Post

I think you'll find that most Leavers knew it would be a bumpy road.. not least because the political establishment and the EU technocrats would do everything they could to make it so.
    Is this really a reason to stay ?

Shouldn't it be the other way round ? You can't surely be arguing "that we mustn't leave such a "good" organisation because they might try and hurt us.." ? I thought the whole idea of the EU was peace and co-operation among European nations ?

You think the EU is ace.. and think its a mistake to leave. I'm ok with a Common Market style.. free trade zone.. so surely the onus is on you to convince us why we need to be part of a political union ?

What does the EU and its stated aim of "political union" and "ever closer union" achieve for its citizens that a simple Europe wide free trade zone couldn't ?
    You're rewriting history here a bit aren't you?

Remember:

"There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside"
    David Davis
    10 October 2016

"The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want"
    Michael Gove
    9 April 2016

"Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy – the UK holds most of the cards"
    John Redwood
    July 17 2016

"The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history"
    Liam Fox
    20 July 2017

Now Redwood has advised his clients to move their money out of the UK, and Rees-Mogg is buggering off the Ireland with his, stating that the UK will reap the brexit benefit in 50 years!

Comment

• Originally posted by PNEPPC View Post

You're rewriting history here a bit aren't you?

Remember:

"There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside"
      David Davis
      10 October 2016

"The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want"
      Michael Gove
      9 April 2016

"Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy – the UK holds most of the cards"
      John Redwood
      July 17 2016

"The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history"
      Liam Fox
      20 July 2017

Now Redwood has advised his clients to move their money out of the UK, and Rees-Mogg is buggering off the Ireland with his, stating that the UK will reap the brexit benefit in 50 years!
      I’d like to a Farage quote, “Brexit wouldn’t mean we’d have to leave the single market”

also, at about 12:30 am the day after the Referendum, “this isn’t over, not by a long way, we will go on fighting”. As most people know, he said that when he thought he’d lost.

Comment

Working...
      X