Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by raefil View Post

I blame the witch, celebrated the day she died and to this day I hope they buried her head down.

I cant say I celebrated she was a human being with a family that loved her. However, I can understand the anger after the absolute misery she caused.
    No wums please - low patience threshold

Comment

• "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

why was remain even a question? It shouldnít be itís already been asked once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joanpne View Post

Then you have every right right to make the comment you did. Absolute respect. Letís be honest though, a lot wouldnít.
          I remember someone posting (maybe you) that you live a stones throw from Deepdale.

There's many a North Ender that'd give a lot for that alone.

So you can get home easily in time for final score.

It takes most people 30 mins just to get out of the traffic!

You could even pop home for a brew at HT.

Comment

why was remain even a question? It shouldnít be itís already been asked once.
            And now people know the realities, many have changed their minds.

Of course the question should be asked again by a referendum.

A famous brexiteer once said "a democracy that can't change its mind ceases to be a democracy."

Or maybe you want the last GE result to be final, never to be held again?

Comment

There is an, "alleged," dealer very close to where i live.

This is my home, its where Ive brought up my kids, its where I am at my happiest.
              Similar story here - the crime rate has risen here, when it was practically zero before. We've had two attempted break-ins this month, although luckily, we woke up and I managed to scare them off. We couldn't sell even if we wanted to - prices have fallen 70%, so after taxes we would be left with practically nothing - that doesn't matter, though, because it is our home, not an investment. That's what I was getting at.

Contrast that with the fixation on house prices many had in the heart of Tory middle England. They don't want social housing near them in case it affects their house prices - the same for youth centres, schools, public facilities. They mustn't harm house prices in case it affects their investment - that's the sort of people I had an issue with. The ones who really don't give a shit if others can't afford to get on the housing ladder.
              Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

I blame the witch, celebrated the day she died and to this day I hope they buried her head down.
                And put a stake through her black heart, just to make sure.
                Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

• Originally posted by LostinSpace View Post

I remember someone posting (maybe you) that you live a stones throw from Deepdale.

There's many a North Ender that'd give a lot for that alone.

So you can get home easily in time for final score.

It takes most people 30 mins just to get out of the traffic!

You could even pop home for a brew at HT.
                  Yes, I have always been open on where I live, itís Lowthorpe Rd. I absolutely love it. Apart from a short period of discontent earlier in the year I have been very happy here. Itís very mixed ethnicity but, we all look after each other. I only leave home for the match at the last minute and very rarely leave the ground early. Itís not up market Cornwall or Lancashire, but itís my home that Iím proud to own. I have had a few people from this forum nip in for a brew or a beer on the way to a match quite often. You would be most welcome as would anyone else for that matter. Oh and there is a house to rent about three doors down (itís the one the Rumanian gypsies took over but obviously cleaned and repaired) very hard getting tenants though for the Landlord.

Comment

A famous brexiteer once said "a democracy that can't change its mind ceases to be a democracy."

As I've always said, LiS, if you want a second referendum, have one. Just be prepared for a lot of anger and/or a lot of political apathy - the perfect breeding ground for British Trump to emerge if you are not careful.

If it does go narrowly to remain, 52:48, for example, will you still demand that the wishes of the 48% are listened to?
                    Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

We knew then, we got told often enough, heíll they even posted us a leaflet with all the threats

Comment

• Originally posted by Sepp Blatter View Post

Similar story here - the crime rate has risen here, when it was practically zero before. We've had two attempted break-ins this month, although luckily, we woke up and I managed to scare them off. We couldn't sell even if we wanted to - prices have fallen 70%, so after taxes we would be left with practically nothing - that doesn't matter, though, because it is our home, not an investment. That's what I was getting at.

Contrast that with the fixation on house prices many had in the heart of Tory middle England. They don't want social housing near them in case it affects their house prices - the same for youth centres, schools, public facilities. They mustn't harm house prices in case it affects their investment - that's the sort of people I had an issue with. The ones who really don't give a shit if others can't afford to get on the housing ladder.
                        They're the type of people I despise the most. Always two faced in giving to charities but making sure everyone knows it, in reality all they care about is their own little comfy bubble, and worse they'll do anything to protect it no matter who they trod on.

Comment

Selling them was entirely wrong, sorry Joan. We are where we are now because of that policy. thats not blaming those that bought, my own parents did. the really sad thing is that that that house now owned by a landlord who Id guess rents it out at probably 3 times what a council tenant would pay.
                          Iím a private landlord. Going rate for my property is £495 pcm. I charge £350 and the house is covered for all gas, electric and plumbing repairs.
                          Why? Because I canít be arsed using a letting agency. I let it to people who wish to save towards a property. My previous tenant was in 8 years and got the money together to move on. My current tenant is doing the same and would actually like to buy the place off me. I also canít be arsed making a profit, it will only be taxed anyway. Mine is a long term investment. Iím happy the tenants are happy.

There are are some of us around you know.

Comment

If the bloody government had properly done what it was asked to do in the first place no other referendum would have been necessary.

Comment

Yes, I have always been open on where I live, itís Lowthorpe Rd. I absolutely love it. Apart from a short period of discontent earlier in the year I have been very happy here. Itís very mixed ethnicity but, we all look after each other. I only leave home for the match at the last minute and very rarely leave the ground early. Itís not up market Cornwall or Lancashire, but itís my home that Iím proud to own. I have had a few people from this forum nip in for a brew or a beer on the way to a match quite often. You would be most welcome as would anyone else for that matter. Oh and there is a house to rent about three doors down (itís the one the Rumanian gypsies took over but obviously cleaned and repaired) very hard getting tenants though for the Landlord.
                              I used to live on Lincoln St. when I was a kid, but then my parents moved to the Brig. As I was in infant school at the time, I'd no choice but to follow them!

Comment

If the bloody government had properly done what it was asked to do in the first place no other referendum would have been necessary.
                                On that we can agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X