41 Palestinians killed during protests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by raefil View Post
    One of the problems is, the moment someone sticks their head above theparapet and sits and talks with groups like Hamas they immediately get labeled as, "Terrorist sympathisers."

I pointed out how Thatcher had secret talks with the IRA, was she a terrorist sympathiser? Nope.

The killing has to stop sometime and that usually entails getting around the table with some pretty unsavoury characters.
    We actually need someone to do this but I for one doubt you can do much with such extreme views such as those I posted and you ignored. It is always worth trying if it will save human life though.

The issue with Corbyn is not that he has/will offer to negotiate its that he ALWAYS supports the terrorist stance especially if it's anti-British. If you mix with Hamas/the IRA even when not in a position of negotiation then you deserve to have questions asked and in all honesty not be trusted.
    Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
      That is very true - at some point, you do have to sit everyone down and try to hammer out compromises and break the destructive cycle of hate. Not just Israel/Palestine, but Ireland, the Basques, Colombia, Cyprus, South Africa etc.

Don't bother responding to the 'terrorist sympathiser' shite - it's generally used by people who understand fuck all about a situation and just want to score cheap political points. That's what I often find with the Irish conflict, anyway - those who know least shout loudest.
      Originally posted by marsbars View Post
      We actually need someone to do this but I for one doubt you can do much with such extreme views such as those I posted and you ignored. It is always worth trying if it will save human life though.

The issue with Corbyn is not that he has/will offer to negotiate its that he ALWAYS supports the terrorist stance especially if it's anti-British. If you mix with Hamas/the IRA even when not in a position of negotiation then you deserve to have questions asked and in all honesty not be trusted.
      Yep.
      "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

It's PR, Libs - the Israeli government has sent out press releases to Associated Press pointing out that they are sending aid. Press releases are a standard public relations tool.

'Those Palestinians made us shoot them, but we still send aid. We are not the bad guys...'

Yeah, I know deep down that it's all wind and piss and done for the audience Sepp...... But the Israelis are ruthless buggers and I'm quite surprised that they even bothered.
        Vote For John Brown

Comment

It's PR, Libs - the Israeli government has sent out press releases to Associated Press pointing out that they are sending aid. Press releases are a standard public relations tool.

'Those Palestinians made us shoot them, but we still send aid. We are not the bad guys...'
          If thats your attitude then Hamas has won. Its a worthy gesture and should be recognised as such.
          Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Comment

• Originally posted by marsbars View Post
            If thats your attitude then Hamas has won. Its a worthy gesture and should be recognised as such.
            With a shoot to kill policy?.......... Doesn't really make much sense that one.... Having said that, there was once a football match in no mans land between two sides...Just before ( and after ) they'd slaughtered each other.... Mind you, that was organised by the plebs who knew better.
            Vote For John Brown

Comment

You are doing that either/or thing again, Mars - you are with us or against us. Never a line of argument I have bothered with, to be honest. Not liking Likud does not equal loving Hamas - I have little time for either.

Interesting to read the nuanced views of those Hamas-lovers at Haaretz:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...ound-1.6092696

I didn't realise I was so influential - it's amazing that the attitude of a bloke living halfway up a Greek mountain determines who wins and who loses in this complex conflict. We can stop selling people bombs and stuff, now
              Last edited by Sepp Blatter; 16-05-2018, 05:49 PM.
              Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

• Originally posted by Liberation View Post
                Yeah, I know deep down that it's all wind and piss and done for the audience Sepp...... But the Israelis are ruthless buggers and I'm quite surprised that they even bothered.
                Looks like (according to Israeli press) that the Palestinians accepted aid from UNICEF and the West Bank Palestinians, but rejected two truckloads of supplies from the IDF:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-gaz...i-medical-aid/

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-C...or-Gaza-556565
                Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

Looks like (according to Israeli press) that the Palestinians accepted aid from UNICEF and the West Bank Palestinians, but rejected two truckloads of supplies from the IDF:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-gaz...i-medical-aid/

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-C...or-Gaza-556565

That was handy...
                  Vote For John Brown

Comment

You are doing that either/or thing again, Mars - you are with us or against us. Never a line of argument I have bothered with, to be honest. Not liking Likud does not equal loving Hamas - I have little time for either.

Interesting to read the nuanced views of those Hamas-lovers at Haaretz:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...ound-1.6092696

I didn't realise I was so influential - it's amazing that the attitude of a bloke living halfway up a Greek mountain determines who wins and who loses in this complex conflict. We can stop selling people bombs and stuff, now
                    Damn right I've chosen a side. Has there ever been an occasion where Palestinians (or any Arabs) have offered aid to Jews?

I can't read your link without subscribing!

Comment

Damn right I've chosen a side. Has there ever been an occasion where Palestinians (or any Arabs) have offered aid to Jews?

There's absolute cunts on both sides fettler ( there usually is ) ...........Much more sensible,balanced and reasonable to concentrate and deliberate over an incident.. rather than automatically stick with your " side " and defend it come what may.
                      Vote For John Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by Liberation View Post
                        There's absolute cunts on both sides fettler ( there usually is ) ...........Much more sensible,balanced and reasonable to concentrate and deliberate over an incident.. rather than automatically stick with your " side " and defend it come what may.
                        You better copy that ready to paste to all the Corbynist Tory haters on here Libs.

Comment

You better copy that ready to paste to all the Corbynist Tory haters on here Libs.
                          Vote For John Brown

Comment

Alongside the series of funerals expected in Gaza on Tuesday, the official Israeli government policy – as reflected in the responses from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, members of the security cabinet and the talking points put together by the Foreign Ministry for the foreign press – is casting full responsibility for the crisis in the Gaza Strip on the leadership of Hamas, and focusing on explaining Israel’s right to defend its borders.

But behind the scenes and for a long time, cabinet ministers have been discussing with security forces representatives about the worsening humanitarian crisis in Gaza and advancing possible solutions to quell the flames.

The positions in these discussions are usually divided between those who think the crisis directly affects Israel’s security, so it must take serious action to ease the situation; and those who feel the crisis has still not yet reached the level of a humanitarian disaster and is still not urgent to deal with it. Among those holding the minority opinion, there are some who think Israel has no reason to intervene and prevent the suffering of Gaza residents.

Traditionally, it is the IDF representatives who represent the position that preventing a humanitarian disaster in Gaza is an Israeli security interest, while representatives of the Shin Bet security service are those who say the situation is not that bad yet – and they even present the ministers with evidence that the standard of living in Gaza is reasonable, showing them pictures of packed cafes and other places, to back this up.

Over the past few months, it seems a certain amount of change has occurred in the Shin Bet’s position, which now tends to support the IDF’s view that the economic crisis is severe and getting worse.

Netanyahu and the members of his security cabinet have been presented with repeated warnings about the economic collapse in Gaza, and in particular the collapse of the civil infrastructure, over the past six months. Data reported by Amos Harel in Haaretz shows the Israel’s security establishment has warned that about 95 percent of the water in the Gaza Strip is unfit to drinking and hundreds of thousands of cubic meters of sewage flow into the Mediterranean Sea every day – and also reach Israeli shores. The unemployment rate is nearing 60 percent.

The former coordinator of government activities in the territories, Maj. Gen. Yoav Mordechai, said similar things at the Globes Business Conference in January: “The Gaza Strip is a failed region. 90 percent of the water is unfit for drinking and I can provide many more figures here. The problem is mostly that of Hamas and the Palestinian Authority. But Israel is very much influenced by it. This is another factor and layer for the IDF’s security viewpoint,” said Mordechai.

In light of these warnings, most members of the security cabinet conceded in these meetings that Israel must act to promote solutions to the crisis, mostly in the area of infrastructure, but only with international cooperation and funding. For example, in January Israel presented an emergency plan for the humanitarian rehabilitation of Gaza at an emergency conference of donor nations to the Palestinians in Brussels – and asked the international community to enlist to fund it. At the center of the plan was Israeli aid to construct desalination, electricity and natural gas facilities as well as improving the Erez industrial area, at a total cost estimated at $1 billion.

In a very rare exception since the diplomatic breakdown between the Palestinians and the Americans, PA prime minister Rami Hamdallah sat with U.S. special representative to the Middle East Jason Greenblatt and Israeli representatives: Regional Cooperation Minister Tzachi Hanegbi and Mordechai. Hanegbi, Netanyahu’s representative at the conference, presented the Israeli plan. It included a proposal to build a desalination plant, a new high voltage electricity connection to Israel to double the amount of electricity received by Gaza, a natural gas pipeline from Israel to Gaza, a sewage plant, waste disposal landfill site, improvements to the Erez industrial area and more.

Israel proposed contributing knowledge and technology to the projects and was more flexible concerning allowing the entry of certain “dual-use” materials, which can be used for both civilian and terrorist purposes. In other words, Israel can be more flexible when it wants to.

Hanegbi told the European Union’s representative for foreign affairs Federica Mogherini that Israel hopes the conference succeeds and is acting on many levels to aid the residents of Gaza. In a talk with journalists in January, Netanyahu said he supports easing the economic situation in Gaza.

Israel’s intensive efforts to deal with situation in the Gaza Strip can also be seen in the ongoing links and tight coordination with the Egyptian security forces and leadership. Netanyahu is personally involved in the relations with Egypt in an attempt to create leverage to calm things down. Israel is also holding talks on the matter with both the Palestinian Authority and Jordan.

Therefore, the official claims that Israel has supposedly completely left Gaza and Hamas bears complete responsibility for what is happening there, does not exactly correspond in practice to the government and security establishment’s intensive efforts on the issue of the fate and economic situation of Gaza residents – especially concerning questions relating to the easing of the tight blockade: How many people and how much goods can enter and leave Gaza – both from Israel and from Egypt.

The present focus in public on the messages renouncing any such responsibility out of fear of “PR damage” and “headlines around the world” conceal the fact that the Israeli government has been discussing for a long time the humanitarian time bomb in Gaza. At a time when cabinet ministers are themselves working to find solutions behind the scenes, it is worth remembering that public relations is just another Band-Aid on a mortal wound.
                            It seems that Haaretz don't fully go with your idea that Hamas are wholly to blame. Are you on their 'side'? Many Israelis and Israeli groups don't agree with you, either - are they also on the wrong 'side' and allowing Hamas to 'win'?

Personally, I want to see both 'sides' win and prosper. At the moment, both are losing because the extremists and hardliners are calling the shots.
                            Last edited by Sepp Blatter; 16-05-2018, 07:20 PM.
                            Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

• Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Comment

• Do you actually believe the shit you're preaching marsy. As i see it not one person has for one minute defended Hamas. However you appear to be defending a regime that shoots to kill someone with an 8 month old baby in their arms. The baby was shot dead by a sniper fully trained in his skill. Evil bastards.
                                "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Working...
                                X