Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy Robinson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chorleythehord View Post
    UKIP should have remained a single issue party. Like the greens they have strayed in to ther areas of politics which have attracted extremists and caused division.

    Farage to me was never a racist, he just dared to say things that ordinary people were thinking on immigration from the EU. I think his recent resignation has underlined the fact that he wishes to distance himself from true racism but that wont stop him being a hate figure to some.
    I agree, well said.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Joanpne View Post

      He may well be, I donít disagree, I think he has been found out many times but, Iím not sure you can imprison people for having a view, however much itís against what people find acceptable. If you want to imprison his followers you may find there isnít a prison, certainly in this Country, anywhere near big enough to hold them all! That movement is getting bigger unfortunately and it doesnít look like shrinking any time soon.
      I'm pinning my hopes on his being returned to gaol when his appeal is heard for contempt of court. He seems to think that the law of the land doesnt apply to him, Id like the courts to show him that his behaviour won't wash. Anyway, he should be used to the courts by now, he's got a list of convictions as long as your arm.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post

        I'm pinning my hopes on his being returned to gaol when his appeal is heard for contempt of court. He seems to think that the law of the land doesnt apply to him, Id like the courts to show him that his behaviour won't wash. Anyway, he should be used to the courts by now, he's got a list of convictions as long as your arm.
        we see things differently. I think imprisoning him makes him more of a martyr to his followers and the publicity to add to those numbers would be second to none. I personally think a total media blackout and absolute silence would cure the movement much quicker.
        No wums please - low patience threshold

        Comment


        • Originally posted by biggsy View Post

          Knob.
          Iím still waiting,

          ta
          Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Nobber View Post
            Iím still waiting,

            ta
            Don’t hold your breath Nobber.
            No wums please - low patience threshold

            Comment


            • I really don't see the problem here.... Let Ukip embrace him and let him and them speak freely.... They will stand or fall.....
              Vote For John Brown

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Joanpne View Post

                we see things differently. I think imprisoning him makes him more of a martyr to his followers and the publicity to add to those numbers would be second to none. I personally think a total media blackout and absolute silence would cure the movement much quicker.

                Think you might want to rethink that one Joan..... That's exactly what's happening now that is closing down Brexit.... Not the way I want to go to be honest. I'd much prefer every outspoken individual in the Country to have their say and then I can make up my own mind. I don't want censorship.
                Last edited by Liberation; 07-12-2018, 05:12 PM.
                Vote For John Brown

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Joanpne View Post

                  we see things differently. I think imprisoning him makes him more of a martyr to his followers and the publicity to add to those numbers would be second to none. I personally think a total media blackout and absolute silence would cure the movement much quicker.
                  The days of the media leading the debate are all but done. The only people I see with the Daily Mail tucked under their arms, nowadays are the 50/60 + generation.

                  Besides if someone is preaching hate it needs to be identified and the perpetrators locked away.



                  "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

                  Justin Welby

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Joanpne View Post

                    we see things differently. I think imprisoning him makes him more of a martyr to his followers and the publicity to add to those numbers would be second to none. I personally think a total media blackout and absolute silence would cure the movement much quicker.
                    If you break the law you should be punished under the law.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by raefil View Post

                      The days of the media leading the debate are all but done. The only people I see with the Daily Mail tucked under their arms, nowadays are the 50/60 + generation.

                      Besides if someone is preaching hate it needs to be identified and the perpetrators locked away.



                      You're off your rocker.... Watch the BBC.

                      Vote For John Brown

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post

                        If you break the law you should be punished under the law.
                        There have been very many unjust things going on this Country and Worldwide way more of a worry than bloody Tommy Robinson the fact they have been done legally (very loud laughter) doesnít make them right. Still Iím sure putting the likes of Tommy Robinson in prison and making a Marty of him will help. Iím not getting into it, we will never agree. Heís even managed to get a thread on this forum with quite a lot of pages, so he stirs peoples emotions one way or another. Put him in prison though, make another song and dance if thatís what you think will help, quite honestly I am more worried about bigger issues than bloody Tommy Robinson.

                        sorry if I sound angry itís not meant at you personally.
                        No wums please - low patience threshold

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Liberation View Post


                          You're off your rocker.... Watch the BBC.
                          Agree. Iíve never read the Daily Mail, or any other paper for that matter (bar the LEP) in years and the Mail ever at all! The media programming of our brains is alive and well and on every TV, mobile phone and tablet in the Country.
                          No wums please - low patience threshold

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Joanpne View Post

                            There have been very many unjust things going on this Country and Worldwide way more of a worry than bloody Tommy Robinson the fact they have been done legally (very loud laughter) doesnít make them right. Still Iím sure putting the likes of Tommy Robinson in prison and making a Marty of him will help. Iím not getting into it, we will never agree. Heís even managed to get a thread on this forum with quite a lot of pages, so he stirs peoples emotions one way or another. Put him in prison though, make another song and dance if thatís what you think will help, quite honestly I am more worried about bigger issues than bloody Tommy Robinson.

                            sorry if I sound angry itís not meant at you personally.
                            No-one is above the law, it's that simple. Turning a blind eye to him and his antics because he may become a martyr is a slippery slope.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post

                              No-one is above the law, it's that simple. Turning a blind eye to him and his antics because he may become a martyr is a slippery slope.
                              What do you want to imprison him for?...I thought it was quashed and a retrial ordered?
                              Vote For John Brown

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Liberation View Post

                                What do you want to imprison him for?...I thought it was quashed and a retrial ordered?
                                It was. I want him found guilty at the retrial and sent down. Unfortunately, it's not a crime to be a hateful knob

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X