• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.lancashire.police.uk/pc?...n=SocialSignIn
    Oh let me get my hands on those .....

Comment

• https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/early...mme/programme/

Probably not for everyone but I saw the McDonald's management apprenticeship programme advertised yesterday which might be worth a look.

Comment

• Taken off Facebook.

Have you a positive outlook on life, an enabling attitude & aptitude from the start for engaging with, supporting and enabling young people to achieve their potential and create positive outcomes for all children and young people. Are you professional reliable, have energy, drive, enthusiasm and commitment to work with young people who live in residential care. We are looking for people who are passionate about working with Children and young people and who want to follow a vocation rather than a job.
        Due to the registration of our new Childrens Home we are looking for the following staff members across all our services – PR8, PR4, PR26, PR1. (All applicants must be age 22 and above. (In line with the Childrens Homes regulations 2015). Full Driving licence essential.

Senior Residential Child Care Workers (20,400 – 26,539) – Must hold a Diploma Level 3 children and young people with 2 years’ experience working with children and young people.
        Residential Child Care Workers (15,643 - 19,817), Waking Night Residential Child Care Workers (8:50 per hour), Bank Residential Child Care Workers (7:50 per hour + 0.90p per hour holiday pay). - Experience of working with young people with challenging behaviours is desirable but not essential. Desirable to hold Diploma Level 3 Children & young people.

For an application pack, please ring 01704 518915 or email admin@newhorizonsnw.co.uk

Comment

• Hows the job search going? Did you get sorted?

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzchops View Post
            Hows the job search going? Did you get sorted?
            I've got absolutely nowhere. Applied for quite a few but haven't got anywhere near an interview, not even the courtesy of a reply except from one.

A job came up in IT at work which I applied for - the job description stated no experience was necessary as training would be provided. I was told I didn't get it as I didn't have the necessary experience!!

I've basically given up as I've just wasted my time.

Comment

• If I can offer any advice I would suggest you perhaps try to become more focused with your job search - is it a particular industry you want to work in, or a certain type of role?

I've recruited a few people over the last few years into IT roles and when I'm interviewing I basically want answers to 3 questions:
              1) Can they do the job? (I already think they probably can as I wouldn't have wasted my time giving them an interview otherwise, but I need to see if their CV checks out!)
              2) Will they love the job? (Why this job? Whats the motivation?)
              3) Can I tolerate working with them? (Will they fit in? Attitude? Character?)

It sounds like you would struggle being able to successfully answer question number 2....? If you apply some focus in your job hunt, then you can also look at doing online courses to support it. There are shit loads, in all sorts of areas, and loads of them are free. Doing them demonstrates willing and commitment, even if they are fairly rudimentary, but would help you answer question number 2.

I've seen stacks of CVs plus I've sent out my own dozens of times, I'll take a look at yours and offer some comments if you like. Like others have said, you will have skills whether you think you have or not. You must have used Excel, Word, Powerpoint? This forum is a great mention - moderation, but have you been involved in any configuration, data corrections, hosting side of things? The fact you've had donkeys years as an admin itself demonstrates commitment.
              If you work in telemarketing do you use a CRM, or some other form of customer database? You must have some familiarity with data protection - get more, read up on GDPR- the basic concepts and understandings is enough, most organisations are scared of it and will be impressed.

Keep going. If its really not right for you where you are, don't give up.
              Butter Pie fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by columbo View Post
                If I can offer any advice I would suggest you perhaps try to become more focused with your job search - is it a particular industry you want to work in, or a certain type of role?

I've recruited a few people over the last few years into IT roles and when I'm interviewing I basically want answers to 3 questions:
                1) Can they do the job? (I already think they probably can as I wouldn't have wasted my time giving them an interview otherwise, but I need to see if their CV checks out!)
                2) Will they love the job? (Why this job? Whats the motivation?)
                3) Can I tolerate working with them? (Will they fit in? Attitude? Character?)

It sounds like you would struggle being able to successfully answer question number 2....? If you apply some focus in your job hunt, then you can also look at doing online courses to support it. There are shit loads, in all sorts of areas, and loads of them are free. Doing them demonstrates willing and commitment, even if they are fairly rudimentary, but would help you answer question number 2.

I've seen stacks of CVs plus I've sent out my own dozens of times, I'll take a look at yours and offer some comments if you like. Like others have said, you will have skills whether you think you have or not. You must have used Excel, Word, Powerpoint? This forum is a great mention - moderation, but have you been involved in any configuration, data corrections, hosting side of things? The fact you've had donkeys years as an admin itself demonstrates commitment.
                If you work in telemarketing do you use a CRM, or some other form of customer database? You must have some familiarity with data protection - get more, read up on GDPR- the basic concepts and understandings is enough, most organisations are scared of it and will be impressed.

Keep going. If its really not right for you where you are, don't give up.
                Just give him a job you tight get
                Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobber View Post
                  Ha ha ha, brilliant...

Comment

you sound like a recruitment agent

Unfortunately I'm not doing any hiring in my current role - plus its based in South Manchester and I wouldn't wish that commute on my worst enemy #northernfail
                    Butter Pie fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by columbo View Post
                      you sound like a recruitment agent

Unfortunately I'm not doing any hiring in my current role - plus its based in South Manchester and I wouldn't wish that commute on my worst enemy #northernfail
                      So have you no contacts? Cmon man, give him a chance.

Free Gaz from his shackles, let him shine
                      Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tino View Post
                        https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/early...mme/programme/

Probably not for everyone but I saw the McDonald's management apprenticeship programme advertised yesterday which might be worth a look.
                        You're aloud to eat up to 12 free burgers per day.
                        dp/1853677280 Th
                        Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Comment

• Originally posted by preach View Post
                          You're aloud to eat up to 12 free burgers per day.
                          Its allowed Preach

A
                          L
                          L
                          O
                          W
                          E
                          D

Comment

• Originally posted by shabbagaz View Post
                            I've got absolutely nowhere. Applied for quite a few but haven't got anywhere near an interview, not even the courtesy of a reply except from one.

A job came up in IT at work which I applied for - the job description stated no experience was necessary as training would be provided. I was told I didn't get it as I didn't have the necessary experience!!

I've basically given up as I've just wasted my time.
                            Everything you need to know has been posted on this thread already. You're either applying for the wrong jobs, or you need to go out of your way to do some extra training to make you a more suitable candidate. Most importantly, you need to be persistent rather than giving up because you're not having immediate success. If you really are sick of your current situation, I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually.

Comment

Its allowed Preach

A
                              L
                              L
                              O
                              W
                              E
                              D
                              I've just double checked on my casio xd - r9000 and I'm aloud to use the word in that sentence.
                              dp/1853677280 Th
                              Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Comment

• Some good news to share, well by good I actually mean brilliant!

A vacancy came up at work in sales/corporate admin and I had the interview about 4 weeks ago. Only took them till the Monday (interview was on the Thursday) for me to be told I had got the job!
                                I already knew my new boss as her department is in the same room as my now 'old' department and already had a good rapport with her as well as everyone else on her team. She gave me such fantastic feedback it really blew me away - she actually admitted she was waiting for my CV to come through and actually asked people before I sent my CV whether I was going to apply (I said to her I was just brushing it up before sending!). I got the impression she genuinely wanted to give me the job from the start!

Almost everyone in the building (I can't say 'company' as we have 20 sites!) has been truly great with me congratulating me and saying they're happy for me. Always great to hear that when I've worked for the company for 10 and a half years. Can't say the same for my old boss who threw his toys out the pram, argued with my new boss and flatly refused to let me join her department any earlier - it took him until today to actually say something to me.

Anyway, it's a new start for me and I've finally bettered myself - vacancies coming up in that department are very rare. It's more money (an extra 3k a year), more holidays and actually less hours! I finally start my new on Tuesday.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here that has offered absolutely valuable advice and help - it's very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X