Andy Murray - retirement :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepp Blatter View Post

They must have been at school during the shooting, then - that was truly horrific. Everyone in and around Stirling at that time knew someone who lost a child.

It was a little bit after my time there, but a couple of people I worked with up there were avid tennis players so knew him and Judy from the tennis centre at the university. They have nothing but kind words to say about the family.

That sense of humour is very common up in that part of the world - in the summers and for a year after graduation, I worked with a lot of seemingly brooding, gruff men - when you got to know them, you found that they were big-hearted blokes with a great sense of humour.
    Yes her girls were there the day the massacre took place

Comment

Originally posted by PNEESSEX View Post

Yes her girls were there the day the massacre took place
      Was working in the biochemistry lab when it happened - a lot of concern because most people knew someone with kids there. Sadly, it transpired that a member of the department had lost his little girl.
      Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post

What utter bollocks.

sorry it has to be said.

Get over it.
        Absolutely he was taking the piss.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando60 View Post

Wow, some posters on there that I had forgotten about...
          Jesus I didnít even get past the first page, Shaky absolute legend, and Dirkpnemouse RIP to them both

Comment

Behave. Some of PNE's greatest ever players were Scots
            They became Anglo- Scottish when they played for us. Different entirely.
            It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHodgeheg123 View Post

They became Anglo- Scottish when they played for us. Different entirely.
              Tosh.

Comment

He might have been a decent tennis player, but as a personality I think that he stinks..........

and I have never forgiven him for his anti-England comments re: The world cup...........
                and chrisrw, what a pair of utter bigoted arseholes who deserve a fuckin Glagow kiss at the very least.
                clingron gone
                (more's the pity)

Comment

As big a loss as this is for Tennis it's a massive loss for sport as a whole. His stance on gender equality and his refusal to pander to the press set him aside from many others

Comment

Originally posted by billymac View Post

and chrisrw, what a pair of utter bigoted arseholes who deserve a fuckin Glagow kiss at the very least.
                    Oh yeah of course I forgot , the Scottish love the English don't they !!!

Comment

Tosh.
                      It was a joke. Please tell me you "got it"
                      It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHodgeheg123 View Post
                        It was a joke. Please tell me you "got it"
                        I did... Ishould have added a or three

Comment

What a gutsy performance that was. How the hell he managed to win two tie breaks to stay in the match is beyond me. Sad to see him lose the final set. However, if that's his last ever match, he showed that despite being physically broken, his will to win, his grit and determination and his bloody mindedness still shine through. A great champion, sad to see him so physically wrecked.

Comment

Shame.......

Comment

Shame.......
                              BillyMac will be offering you that Glasgow kiss he referred to earlier in the thread....

Comment

I doubt British tennis will produce another player as good as he has been but at least we have one or two now who, just occasionally, get further than the first round in big tournaments, and I've no doubt they were inspired as youngsters by Murray.
                                Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Working...
                                X