Ronnie O'Sullivan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    For me, even the LOW hurdles would be a problem. Not one to boast, like.
    Didn't realise you had tiny little legs, Harry
    Soup is Good Food

Life in Sparta, Greece

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
      Didn't realise you had tiny little legs, Harry
      Hmmmph.
      Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Regardless View Post
        A while ago, maybe he was a worthy candidate. Not now.

For a start, he doesn't like the game. He only does it to earn money. That's not the sort of attitude we should be rewarding to inspire our kids.

Adam Peaty or Harry Kane for me. Probably Peaty.
        You completely sure about that? Surely the best sportsman we have ever produced. He's a genius and will never conform to social norms. Look at Mozart etc all the same just the way they are otherwise they'd be gracious but average like Sean Murphy etc.
        https://youtu.be/qt1z78LAA1o

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hitch 22 View Post
          You completely sure about that? Surely the best sportsman we have ever produced. He's a genius and will never conform to social norms. Look at Mozart etc all the same just the way they are otherwise they'd be gracious but average like Sean Murphy etc.

Fair point.

I am completely sure that that's what he's said, very categorically, within the last 2 or 3 weeks. But it is fair to say that he is unusual, and what he says this week might be very different to what he said last week.

No doubt he's an amazing talent and having won the UK Open again, and with your continued pleading, I think you've won me over!

Comment

Spot on. You'd put your house on him winning unlike other so called English sports heroes. He wins when he wants to, entirely at his discretion. He just does not quite fit into the BBC middle class mould. They love him for boosting their ratings but can't embrace him like other also ranks like Henman, Wiggins or Farah. How ironic. Hes much more of a winner, streets ahead and has no baggage around his status at the top of his sport. As for Kane, when he erases his last disastrous World Cup, he might earn his place as a contender.

Comment

Meanwhile at the Snooker Grand Prix at the Guild Hall Ronnie beats the quarter finalist 5-0 with four back to back centuries and 99%pot success rate 😎
              https://youtu.be/PD57Cr3smyY

Comment

Meanwhile at the Snooker Grand Prix at the Guild Hall Ronnie beats the quarter finalist 5-0 with four back to back centuries and 99%pot success rate 😎
                https://youtu.be/PD57Cr3smyY

He is good to watch on a bad day but when he plays like that it's just superb, the ref was having to speed walk around the table to keep up with him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just witnessed a sublime win at the guild by O Sullivan, he is on a different level to the other pros, and yes snooker is a sport and a blooming good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Atko_pne956 View Post
                    Just witnessed a sublime win at the guild by O Sullivan, he is on a different level to the other pros, and yes snooker is a sport and a blooming good one.
                    Yeah I watched it as well, Ronnie reckons he wasn't cueing well ..
                    He just makes snooker easy to watch, no fannying about taking ages over every shot .
                    The guy is absolutely class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The other factor is that his talent is properly tested against a wide competitive base. Snooker is not an exclusive sport and has been open to all classes. In addition the Far East interest is massive so his success is all the more notable.

Comment

Sorry, The best sportsman we've ever produced?
                        Daley Thompson
                        Steve Redgrave
                        Botham
                        Chris Hoy
                        Seb Coe
                        Lennox Lewis
                        Phil Taylor

I think they might well be rather more worthy of that title
                        It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Comment

Ronnie often get bad press but...................................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43273127

I doff my bowler to you, young man.
                          "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by MrHodgeheg123 View Post
                            Sorry, The best sportsman we've ever produced?
                            Daley Thompson
                            Steve Redgrave
                            Botham
                            Chris Hoy
                            Seb Coe
                            Lennox Lewis
                            Phil Taylor

I think they might well be rather more worthy of that title
                            Why? Because they are largely BBC faves that conform and never say a word out of place?? If Ronnie had never challenged the cosiness of the sport might he also be up there. In which case, is this not a tad unhealthy. In any case, some names on your list are at least a little tainted by association by recent events. Any british cyclist has had a huge advantage of the UK's 'professionalism' that has given them an edge. Ronnies skill is pure and not attained by being blessed by a special cue for example. Apparently!

Comment

Working...
                            X