The grand national

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The grand national

It's only 2 days away and no mention of any tips or horses people have been following, is this because of the outside chance Preston have of the play offs or it because the big race is starting to loose its appeal to the public. At least most football fans can now watch the race at 5-15, I remember watching on the concourse on the town end for several years at half time on the TV with no sound on.

I'm on I just know and captain redbeard. The nationals a complete gamble though so not tips just horses I like the look of.

Comment

Barbaric race.

One death of an horse is one too many. Already, one died yesterday. 50 deaths since the year 2000.

Either make the jumps safer or ban the race altogether.
      RIP Kurt
      Best mates for 14 years
      09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

Lost interest in this several years ago.
        "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

I used to love the GN as a kid, my dad helped out in a bookies shop down cemetery road on Saturdays and used to let us pick an each way bet with about 50p. It was almost as big a day as the cup final for us. These days though I doubt I could name any horse that has won it in recent years.
          Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
            Barbaric race.

One death of an horse is one too many. Already, one died yesterday. 50 deaths since the year 2000.

Either make the jumps safer or ban the race altogether.
            Aye, but bear in mind Jack that without uncle Trev's successes in the Grand National, PNE might have been short of a few shillings this past few seasons!
            Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Seen a few mentions for thunder and roses. Worth a go at 66/1

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post
                Lost interest in this several years ago.
                but still feel the need to reply to a thread you have no intrest in.

I got anibale fly in sweepstake at work today,makes a change from an 150-1 outsider,so I shall be putting a few quid on that.

Comment

Originally posted by mickb View Post
                  but still feel the need to reply to a thread you have no intrest in.

I got anibale fly in sweepstake at work today,makes a change from an 150-1 outsider,so I shall be putting a few quid on that.
                  Err the OP was asking why people dont seem to have interest in this anymore.

"or it because the big race is starting to loose its appeal to the public."

Another sporting event, for me, that lost its soul to TV. Like the OP says, the move of the time has had a big impact.
                  "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

This is the gambling sub-forum. For the benefit of giving tips and advice to fellow like minded folk. Mods?

Comment

I really fancied Vintage Clouds, was hoping for one more to drop out so he'd get a run. It didn't happen but if Mr Hemmings had wanted to he could have withdrawn his other horse (Warriors Tale) and opened up a place for Clouds.

The fact he didn't says to me that he is either aiming Clouds for the Scottish National or he really fancies Warriors Tale. In case it's the latter, I'm having a bit each way - as Mr Hemmings knows what he's doing with the Grand National.

Comment

Last samurai @ 16/1 - likes the soft ground

Comment

A few quid each way on Seeyouatmidnight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by wld View Post
                            I really fancied Vintage Clouds, was hoping for one more to drop out so he'd get a run. It didn't happen but if Mr Hemmings had wanted to he could have withdrawn his other horse (Warriors Tale) and opened up a place for Clouds.

The fact he didn't says to me that he is either aiming Clouds for the Scottish National or he really fancies Warriors Tale. In case it's the latter, I'm having a bit each way - as Mr Hemmings knows what he's doing with the Grand National.
                            Been saying the same thing. I'll be getting stuck into Vintage Clouds straight after the race for next year's renewal, not sure why Trev didn't even pay another owner off to get the horse in. He has Vicente for Scottish nash so not sure his thinking behind it, though he's still a relatively young horse so could be why. 40s and 33s all week for Vintage Clouds, each way at 5 places would be buying money, jumps and can stay all week as proven at Cheltenham and Welsh nash.

I'm backing anything in Gigginstown colours, they seem to campaign their horses well, let them run like dogs then hack up in graded contest somewhere. Alpha Des Obeaux fits that bill, but i don't like the jockey booking.

My pick is Vieux Lion Rouge, got round on horrific ground as a 7 year old 2 years ago finishing 6th. Had a great campaign last year but was probably handicapped out of the race, back down in the weights, got round twice, 33/1 for 5 places is appealing.

Comment

Working...
                            X