No announcement yet.

Laptops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers for your advice everyone, going to go with a tablet, It's better for when I am flying, (no broomstick jokes) I can watch a film. Will keep the old laptop for when I am dong other stuff, that needs a proper keyboard or for the grand kids to mess with.

Comment

Originally posted by CJB View Post
      We have various devices but there's always a fight for the laptop, even though it's held together with sellotape. Bet you could pick up a decent desktop for next to nothing now.
      Probably be chipboard though bud.
      dp/1853677280 Th
      Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Comment

Originally posted by preach View Post
        Probably be chipboard though bud.
        Thanks, helpful as ever bud.

I enjoyed mrwalks tribute to Sir Tom, so here's my tribute to you...

Comment

I've gone with ASUS for my last 2 laptops and they've been reliable. Paid 300 or so.
          East Midlands Branch

Comment

Its about time to retire my old laptop and was thinking do i get a laptop or tablet, was looking at something like the surface pro which can be used as both but its bloody expensive, then i came across this which looks decent spec and half the price of the surface pro (https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_...ml?wid=1433363), anyone ever tried buying tech from the Chinese market? would you recommend buying something like this or stick to tried and tested UK markets?

Comment

10.5" iPad Pro and get the case with built in keyboard if you really want one. That's if you can suffer an Apple device.
              "It's like the War of.... Game of.....War of nutrition" - Simon Grayson

Comment

Originally posted by Rallye View Post
                10.5" iPad Pro and get the case with built in keyboard if you really want one. That's if you can suffer an Apple device.
                dont want to go down the apple route, overpriced and no better than cheaper androids, but im looking at a windows laptop/tablet so you've got the convenience of a tablet and the practicality of a laptop

Comment

I have a HP laptop which has been very good. I've had it a couple of years now. I take it away with me on holiday so I can keep an eye on things at work!! We have a wired network at work, which we are shortly about to get rid of and replace with laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by northender2 View Post
                    dont want to go down the apple route, overpriced and no better than cheaper androids, but im looking at a windows laptop/tablet so you've got the convenience of a tablet and the practicality of a laptop
                    Recently bought a reconditioned Dell Latitude laptop for 125 on eBay. Had it for a few months and it works absolutely fine. Got a similar deal on an iPhone 5 and that works fine as well. I'm struggling to justify spending more than that when these work well.
                    If you pay to watch the Premier League on TV.. you are part of the problem !

Comment

buy one with a SSD (solid state drive) - so much faster. i have a dell xps and its amazing. pricey but best laptop ive ever owned

Comment

I got a HP Laptop, because I been through some crap lately I decided to upgrade, took this into PC World, It's 4 years old, and thought I could trade it in. The Guy at the desk fired it up, looked at it, turned it off and said they don't sell anything that could be classed as an upgrade. Told me to save my Money. So Strange. It's Icore 7, 17.3 Touch Screen, 16gb Ram, Leap Motion (whatever that is), 1tb + 500gb SSD's. Windows 8.1. Bluetooth etc. You'd of thought in 4 years computers would of got better.
                        3 Butter Pies and a coke please : D

Comment

For me, it's the iPad that is gathering dust. Much prefer a laptop.

With a tablet, how do you go about working on spreadsheets, word documents etc? And I never cracked how to print anything using my iPad... although I believe it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Regardless View Post

With a tablet, how do you go about working on spreadsheets, word documents etc? And I never cracked how to print anything using my iPad... although I believe it can be done.
                            Same, I use Ipad for Games and Football when out, but rest of the time, it's Laptop. Ipads are good, but they very restrictive and the constant demand for cash or watch an advert is annoying.
                            3 Butter Pies and a coke please : D

Comment

How do you not? I use Numbers or Excel all the time and also use it as a word processor without problem. And printing? Piece of piss. Even the wife worked it out!
                              "It's like the War of.... Game of.....War of nutrition" - Simon Grayson

Comment

I use both. I find the iPad better for watching Netflix, footy etc, shopping, photos and video but I use the laptop for the more serious stuff like Microsoft documents.

Comment

Working...
                                X