Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

I wonder if anyone can help me please. Yesterday I was sent a message via messenger account attached to Facebook. Like an idiot I didn’t understand what the message was about and clicked on it. The picture message just appeared again as if I had responded with the same picture message. It turned out to be from a hacked Facebook account.

I now don’t dare do internet banking because I’m scared stiff I am being watched and my passwords etc are being taken or, even if they can get them from my history. I have an Apple iPad and it is up to date with its updates. Please can someone who understands this stuff please advise me what I should or should not do. I did try to delete messenger from my iPad and apple iphone 7 but it reappeared today. I could not see all the message though.

I know I was stupid and sorry but I am also thick when it comes to technology so any help would be gratefully received.
    Last edited by Joanpne; 09-02-2018, 02:29 PM.
    No wums please - low patience threshold

is it the video scam, Joan. "Its you."

If so just change your password on your facebook account
    "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by Joanpne View Post
      I wonder if anyone can help me please. Yesterday I was sent a message via messenger account attached to Facebook. Like an idiot I didn’t understand what the message was about and clicked on it. The picture message just appeared again as if I had responded with the same picture message. It turned out to be from a hacked Facebook account.

I now don’t dare do internet banking because I’m scared stiff I am being watched and my passwords etc are being taken or, even if they can get them from my history. I have an Apple iPad and it is up to date with its updates. Please can someone who understands this stuff please advise me what I should or should not do. I did try to delete messenger from my iPad and apple iphone 7 but it reappeared today. I could not see all the message though.

I know I was stupid and sorry but I am also thick when it comes to technology so any help would be gratefully received.
      Perfectly normal to show concern
      Top tips
      Change passwords
      Ring the bank to check for advice
      Then sleep well

Comment

Originally posted by edgy View Post
        Perfectly normal to show concern
        Top tips
        Change passwords
        Ring the bank to check for advice
        Then sleep well
        You are so re-assuring Mr Edge......

Comment

Burn the iPad immediately, and any family members who you have spoken to in the last fourteen years.
          Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobber View Post
            Burn the iPad immediately, and any family members who you have spoken to in the last fourteen years.
            Better off eating the iPad, and moving to a friends house in lower sackville.
            dp/1853677280 Th
            Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Comment

Working...
            X