No announcement yet.

Leeds United Cheating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I missed something? I canít find anything in this thread saying what they are alleged to have done. Can someone please enlighten me?

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
      Have I missed something? I canít find anything in this thread saying what they are alleged to have done. Can someone please enlighten me?
      Just Google "Leeds cheating"... you'll get about three billion hits but just look at the ones posted in the last few hours... there are plenty of news stories showing. [Google's quite good for this sort of thing... you should try it!]

Comment

As much as I detest Leeds United I cannot see anything wrong with someone standing on the outside of a fence watching players train. If he is not trespassing what is the problem. Do clubs not send reps to matches to watch opponents play?

Comment

I hate Leeds Scum, but not sure they have done anything wrong. 1st clubs send out scouts and to watch teams before they play them. Happened for years. And if training was meant to be that secret, why hold it in the open. Fans go to training sessions I believe. So yes frowned upon, but I don't think they've broken any rules. May have trespassed if anything, but thats about it.
          3 Butter Pies and a coke please : D

Comment

Originally posted by Preston1880 View Post
            Been very impressed by Leeds in that first half.

Looks like it could be their year this'un
            Can you cope with the sense of entitlement though

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
              Goalie booted a derby player in the face area Possibly a straight red?

Comment

Why make a massive deal of it and not just tell a few key players to go over feigning injury and carry them in on stretchers that way they get very little info. I'm sure Derby have an indoor training pitch.

I was listening to Alan Shearer during the world cup and he said that the day before the game the players would have chance to train on the pitch, but hey all knew that an opponent staff member would be watching, so they would purposely put penalties in a different spot etc.

Comment

Originally posted by northender0602 View Post

Can you cope with the sense of entitlement though
                  I cant....... They believe that they have a divine right to be in the top division.

Some Leeds fans even started a poll on Facebook in September asking people to vote if they think Leeds should be back where they belong..........

Comment

If were honest Leeds really are a top flight club and do belong in the EPL.

Spit!
                    "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post

Spit!
                      When i was about 10, Leeds were the best team in the country ( 1970 / 71 ) but boy, they were horrible under Don Revie............

Comment

Originally posted by Ando60 View Post

When i was about 10, Leeds were the best team in the country ( 1970 / 71 ) but boy, they were horrible under Don Revie............
                        Thing is the Premier League has changed the game completely, whilst I believe they are a top flight club I doubt theyll ever be the same club that they were back then.
                        "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Spit!
                          What a load of bollocks.

Theyíre just a well supported club.

The last thing of note was winning the league nearly 30 years ago.

Half of that time since has been spent in The Championship and League One.

Why do they belong in the top flight?

Comment

Originally posted by pthnorthender View Post
                            As much as I detest Leeds United I cannot see anything wrong with someone standing on the outside of a fence watching players train. If he is not trespassing what is the problem. Do clubs not send reps to matches to watch opponents play?
                            I agree, there will be club reps at Deepdale today checking us and Swansea out for upcoming games. Same thing really. Itís never been called cheating.

Having said that I think Leeds should be deducted 200 points, fined £500 million, and banned from playing for 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by Preston Lad View Post

What a load of bollocks.

Theyíre just a well supported club.

The last thing of note was winning the league nearly 30 years ago.

Half of that time since has been spent in The Championship and League One.

Why do they belong in the top flight?

Just my opinion.

to me theyre a club who, having had success attempted to take that success to the next level. They failed badly and history agrees with what you just said. 30 years of nothingness including being very close to extinction.

They are a well supported club, a very well supported club and yes youre right that alone doesnt earn them right to be up there but I do see them as a similar sized club ro, lets say, Everton.

Justin Welby

Comment

Just my opinion.

to me theyre a club who, having had success attempted to take that success to the next level. They failed badly and history agrees with what you just said. 30 years of nothingness including being very close to extinction.

They are a well supported club, a very well supported club and yes youre right that alone doesnt earn them right to be up there but I do see them as a similar sized club ro, lets say, Everton.
                                But they are top of the league for having orrible, really orrible, fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X