Jamie Caragher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stf4ever View Post
    Happy to throw insults about aren't we? On an internet forum, mind. You do realise you don't win arguments by insulting the opposition right?

There's a big difference between holding your phone in a position to video Jamie Carragher when on a straight road stuck in traffic and solely staring at your phone whilst driving. I just don't agree that this fella was the menace to the road that everybody is trying to claim.
    Just be a man and hold your hands up, rather than changing the story and then throwing false insults at others in an attempt to deflect attention. Here, you are essentially calling me a keyboard warrior, which I do not appreciate.

You know well (I presume) that my "insults" came about because of your clear number one assertion "Driving using a mobile phone is hardly crime of the century. Especially when driving in a straight line on a motorway. I'm sorry if that offends those who've been convinced by the media that this is an upmost sin." .... followed by raefil posting the recent video of someone using a mobile phone, along a straight bit of motorway, and killing a taxi driver along with a family on their way to Disneyland.

I actually understand the argument that what this father did in slow traffic was not as dangerous as the lorry driver (though that behaviour leads to many minor shunts, and can still be lethal if a cyclist or pedestrian is in the wrong place at the wrong time). But that's not the point you made... so stop twisting it.

If you think I'm a keyboard warrior for reacting strongly to your ridiculous motorway statement - then so be it. If you think that, then I don't give a toss.

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks View Post
      Stf, bless him. Without exception trying to be edgy and failing, badly.
      I trust you mean edgy as in cutting not as in me !

Anyhow. Back on point. I’ve watched the video again. Heaven knows why Carragher reacted in such an extreme manner. But heaven also knows why the videoing gentleman ever thought that using his phone was a good idea unless the pound signs where already crossing his mind ?

Comment

Originally posted by edgy View Post
        I trust you mean edgy as in cutting, not as in me !
        No-one wants to be like you !!

Comment

Had a good look and listen at the video. My thoughts

1 The winding up of Carragher was “just” banter that football fans do when they have won a big match against their fiercest rivals. Not something I would personally do, but I'm not going to condone the guy for doing it, daughter present or not. He didn’t even seem to flicking the v s or w anchor signs.

2 the reaction of Carragher I’m afraid deserves instant dismissal from someone who is supposed to be presenting a professional image of the game on a £1m a year contract. Spitting directly at any person is utterly disgusting and the lowest of the low. A crime far worse in my view than the private personal views expressed by Gray and Keys who were caught out on camera.

3 my take on the “ nice “ comment by the driver was that it was a “sarcastic” nice , not a genuine nice in that he can sell this video and make a few quid.

4. If it is true that the car driver was driving on the motorway whilst taking a video, that , in my view deserves a 12 point penalty and a years driving ban. It’s utterly without excuse. Beyond comprehension in any circumstance, never mind having your daughter in the car with you.

Got to admit I used my phone and sent a text in the car to on the motorway last Thursday. But here’s the thing - I was stuck in the snow on the M65 and hadn’t moved for 1 and a half hours, and even then I was terrified I’d get spotted and pulled. It would be just my luck whilst idiots like him get away with incredibly dangerous driving.
          Last edited by chorleythehord; 13-03-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando60 View Post
            No-one wants to be like you !!
            Cue baloo and king Louis !!!

Comment

I believe the person with the phone is not being charged and will be “ spoken to “ by the police and will have to attend a driver awareness course.

So all those warnings didn’t mean jack shit - green light to future perpetrators.

Comment

Originally posted by pnematic View Post
                I believe the person with the phone is not being charged and will be “ spoken to “ by the police and will have to attend a driver awareness course.

So all those warnings didn’t mean jack shit - green light to future perpetrators.
                I think it goes under the line that it can't be proven that the driver was holding the phone. We all know he probably was but the law is a different beast.

Comment

I think it goes under the line that it can't be proven that the driver was holding the phone. We all know he probably was but the law is a different beast.
                  Really? Is that just what you surmise or is that what is being said by the authorities. Because if that isn't good enough evidence, then I don't know what is!

Comment

Originally posted by Regardless View Post
                    Really? Is that just what you surmise or is that what is being said by the authorities. Because if that isn't good enough evidence, then I don't know what is!
                    Yes, really. There has to be proof of a crime being committed.

Comment

Yes, really. There has to be proof of a crime being committed.
                      So... what constitutes 'proof' in a case like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Regardless View Post
                        So... what constitutes 'proof' in a case like this?
                        Independent witnesses testifying to the fact, video of him holding a phone whilst driving etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by edgy View Post
                          I trust you mean edgy as in cutting not as in me !

Anyhow. Back on point. I’ve watched the video again. Heaven knows why Carragher reacted in such an extreme manner. But heaven also knows why the videoing gentleman ever thought that using his phone was a good idea unless the pound signs where already crossing his mind ?
                          I believe the full incident lasted longer than we’ve seen, and there was goading that lasted for a few miles. Of course there’s no video evidence of this either because he wasn’t filming at that time, or the driver was behaving badly and edited the video accordingly.

Comment

Independent witnesses testifying to the fact, video of him holding a phone whilst driving etc etc.
                            Fingerprint unlocking of the phone synchronised with vehicle movement logged in the cars management system or cctv

Comment

I assume the driver is denying using the phone then ? So someone else in the car was filming or “saying” they were filming .

This driver has , in an effort to get his 15 minutes of fame , pulled his own pants down.

If this guy is making out Carragher is a villain ( which he is ) then he’s a villain too - interesting to see if he’s man enough to tell the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                                You hold your phone then whilst driving and see what the fuzz have to say. Even in stationary traffic, it is illegal to even look at your phone, let alone use it. Enjoy the fine / points / ban.
                                Can’t even use it pulled up at the side of the road, if you leave your engine running.

Comment

Working...
                                X