Do we boycott World Cup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we boycott World Cup?

I have a feeling we could well boycott the world cup, not just us, but I believe Germany, France and others may stand united against Putin. I cant believe with the tensions that will increase, that England fans and players can safely travel to Moscow in light of recent events. Football at the end of the day is just a game. Putin needs humbling, and a mass boycott of the world cup will hurt him IMHO.

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
    I have a feeling we could well boycott the world cup, not just us, but I believe Germany, France and others may stand united against Putin. I cant believe with the tensions that will increase, that England fans and players can safely travel to Moscow in light of recent events. Football at the end of the day is just a game. Putin needs humbling, and a mass boycott of the world cup will hurt him IMHO.
    Agree. But I'd merge with the Salisbury thread. Makes for an interesting debate.

Comment

No we dont, its frig all to do with football.
      "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

I can't see it happening, but why not?

I don't think anyone will miss England's two games at these World Cup Finals, but a major player like Germany or France pulling out could create more of a furore.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
          Putin needs humbling, and a mass boycott of the world cup will hurt him IMHO.
          Correct.
          And now, the end is near...

Comment

Originally posted by We8PNE View Post
            Correct.
            I know england are crap but theyre not as crap as Blackpool, so no boycott quite yet.

Oh wait youre not boycotting because theyre crap are you?
            "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post
              I know england are crap but theyre not as crap as Blackpool, so no boycott quite yet.

Oh wait youre not boycotting because theyre crap are you?
              Certainly not.

It's always a wise thing to stand-up to a bully.
              And now, the end is near...

Comment

Well we ve not turned up to a World Cup since 1966....

Comment

there's sweet FA our politicians can do, why do they need THE FA to sort the mess out. And how about showing the Russians the proof instead of saber rattling rhetorics?

Comment

As per usual, we'll play as if we're boycotting anyway, so it doesn't really matter what we do.
                    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by We8PNE View Post
                      Certainly not.

It's always a wise thing to stand-up to a bully.
                      raefil can be a bit outspoken at times but calling him a bully is out of order

Comment

If its proved that the Russian state went to Salisbury and poisoned the ex spy then I believe we should boycott the World cup.
                        It is only part of the answer and seizing assets off Russian billionaires would put Putin under a little pressure but he is untouchable it seems.
                        Oh let me get my hands on those .....

Comment

I’ve never been a fan of pulling out.

Comment

NO is my answer, and if you believe France-Germany-Italy and Spain will pull out, you must believe in 'Fairy's too IMO---I would support it though,If the Government Compulsory purchased (at zero money) all those London properties Owned by offshore Russians and stopped taking money from Russian backers---Don’t hold your breath folks

Comment

The City doesn't care where the money comes from and to a lot of finance institutions it doesn't really matter as they are involved all other markets anyway. Too much state intervention for a flight of money to China so just leaves the Dow and European's don't want that. So I think we are buggered with the markets. But I think (if it came to it) other EU countries could play a blinder by backing out of the World Cup with us. Would do wonders for UK public opinion over Brexit negotiations. Rather that Putin holding all the cards I think (if he Russian state is involved) he's got in a little too deep for comfort. His problem, as with all dictators, is they think they can get away with anything, ultimately that delusion finishes them off.

Comment

Working...
                              X