Former PNE Players Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former PNE Players Thread

I usually like to have a quick trawl through opposition team's forums when we're playing them through a season and two things always seem to occur to me:

1 Our forum, even with the glitches of late, is streets ahead of any other forums I visit seriously appreciate what we have, though this is besides the point.

2 Most other team's forums, seem to have some sort of thread dedicated to their former players and keeping a vague track of where players may crop-up and what they're up.

With regards to this, we never seem to have anything like this and only occasionally does a former player get mentioned with regard to anything of note they do following being with us.

Personally, I like to hear of where former players end up and what becomes of them, perhaps that's just me, but in case I thought I would be good to have something similar for those of you whom may also be interesting.

Feel free to add your own, but some of our former players I have heard about recently include:

Scott Laird Currently at Forest Green Rovers. Never the same player after the leg break.

Stuart Beavon Currently playing at Coventry City probably involved in the play-offs.

Juvhel Tsoumou Most recently been playing at Cypriot club Ermis Aradippou and has also become an international, turning out for Congo after playing for Germany at youth level.

Neil Trotman Had to retire from the game at age 28 having never fulfilled any of the potential we were told about.

Danny Mayor Still at Bury, has been there for a while.

Adam Barton Playing at Partick Thistle.

Keith Keane Just been released by Rochdale.

Billy Jones Still at Sunderland, been there throughout all of their troubles in recent years.

Jamie Proctor Currently at Rotherham, but has been out for ages with an ACL.

Keith Tracey Last played for St Patricks Athletic in Ireland, but seems to have disappeared off the face of the football earth. Have an interview a while back stating depression blighted him throughout his career.

Sean St Ledger Been playing for Guiseley recently whilst they slipped out of the National League.

Nicky Wroe Currently playing for Bradford Park Avenue.
    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
    Brian Clough

Nice idea for a thread.

Lee Holmes - played 31 times for Exeter this season. 3 goals. (he's only just turned 31... I thought he would be older)

Neil Kilkenny - after moving to Melbourne, he signed for Perth Glory and seems to have been a regular there in the Australian A-League

EDIT... I saw Will Hayhurst's name on this forum yesterday. Disappointed for the lad that he didn't play as much league football as I'd have expected (not played for a couple of years, I think) Anyone know if he's left the football world altogether?
    Last edited by Regardless; 16-05-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Darren Carter is playing for the town of his birth - Solihull Moors who play in the National League - and he played 49 games for them last season scoring 8 goals (45 in the National League scoring 7 goals).

BTW very good idea for a thread, thanks.
      Last edited by norfolk white; 16-05-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I'll echo your sentiments in point 1) northender1881, PNE Online remains a great football platform despite the recent glitches, better than the vast majority of other forums I've seen which are generally littered with adds.

I think St. Ledger has had the largest fall from grace of the players mentioned so far. He was one of the best defenders in the Championship and a regular on the international scene for ROI, when we 'sold' him to 'Boro in 2009.

Jon Parkin - 36, currently playing for York City in the National League North. 25 goals in 32 games this season. Still got it!

Chris Brown - 33, currently without a club after being released by Rovers in the summer, having not scored a single goal for them in over 40 games!

Both underrated in their time here IMO, and have recently entered the podcast business together.
        Last edited by Doc Brown; 16-05-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

A very enjoyable podcast also Doc.

Another one I saw recently:

Keammar Daley - Now playing for UWI F.C in Jamaica. After getting released by us he returned to Jamaica and never left.

Danny Pugh - Playing at Port Vale, now 35.

Chris Beardsley - Now the Fitness Coach at Burton Albion.

Ian Hume - Still at Kerala Blasters in India.
          "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by northender1881 View Post
            A very enjoyable podcast also Doc.
            It is indeed. I've listened to a few of them and they've been 'insightful' to say the least! Parkin is a very funny man.

Another name to add to the list:

Our old friend, and possibly The Lunatic's most inspired acquisition, Anthony Elding (36), retired from football 2 years ago having taken in spells at the salubrious Sligo Rovers, the world-renowned Cork City, footballing giants Ballinamallard United and the all-conquering Derry City following his departure from PNE.

Comment

I noticed one of my all time fave players, Michael Jackson, is currently coaching at Tranmere.
              Great idea for a thread BTW

Comment

Keith Keane has just been released by Rochdale.
                Talking about falls from Grace, Simon Whalley had a pretty spectacular one. As did Chris Humphrey - just been released by Bury.
                Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Regardless View Post
                  Nice idea for a thread.

Lee Holmes - played 31 times for Exeter this season. 3 goals. (he's only just turned 31... I thought he would be older)

Neil Kilkenny - after moving to Melbourne, he signed for Perth Glory and seems to have been a regular there in the Australian A-League

EDIT... I saw Will Hayhurst's name on this forum yesterday. Disappointed for the lad that he didn't play as much league football as I'd have expected (not played for a couple of years, I think) Anyone know if he's left the football world altogether?
                  Last I heard, about 6 months ago, he was playing for Warrington Town. Chris Holroyd, now at Wrexham, Amine Linganzi and Chris Robertson, both at Swindon. Also, Kyel Reid, Coventry, Paul Hayes, Newport and Eddie Nolan, Crewe, all played last season. I'm not sure if any of these have been released by their respective clubs.
                  A Bury fan I know, told me, despite being injured for most of the season, Beckford is their top goalscorer. Also, Bury have released Chris Humphrey. Good thread by the way.

Comment

Genuine question.......... Where is Ian Ashbee these days ??

Comment

Ashbee is assistant manager of Bridlington Town

Comment

Originally posted by Akademik View Post
                        Ashbee is assistant manager of Bridlington Town
                        Managed by Curtis Woodhouse - quite a hard partnership there 😉

Comment

Originally posted by ashtonwhite View Post
                          Managed by Curtis Woodhouse - quite a hard partnership there 😉
                          Yeah, they wont take any nonsense off the " Lads "

Comment

Last I heard of Will he was having Physiotherapy with Matt Jackson after a nasty knee injury. Still out of the game afaik.

Comment

Will is part time at Warrington. He is trying to resurrect his football career

Comment

Working...
                              X