X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moyes - Gone

What next for dithering Dave?
    53 Miles West of Venus.

Not too sure he will be concerned, a nice payoff and away from three of the most dodgy characters in the football world IMO---He will be at another Club soon enough, as will 'Big Sam'---After the first six weeks of next season those Clubs in trouble will be eyeing them up again

Comment

Originally posted by Hypnotoad View Post
      What next for dithering Dave?
      Watford? That'd be another 12 months before another payout seeing as they change managers each year.

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
        Not too sure he will be concerned, a nice payoff and away from three of the most dodgy characters in the football world IMO---He will be at another Club soon enough, as will 'Big Sam'---After the first six weeks of next season those Clubs in trouble will be eyeing them up again
        Agree.

Moyes is definitely at a crossroads. He's beginning to look like a journeyman manager after building a great reputation at PNE and Everton.

At 55, it's surely time to decide if he wants to try for a secure job at a stable club where he can hope to get back to what he did best... or whether to accept a third consecutive job-offer from crackpot owners. If he takes the latter route, I'd lose interest in seeing him succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Regardless View Post
          Agree.

Moyes is definitely at a crossroads. He's beginning to look like a journeyman manager after building a great reputation at PNE and Everton.

At 55, it's surely time to decide if he wants to try for a secure job at a stable club where he can hope to get back to what he did best... or whether to accept a third consecutive job-offer from crackpot owners. If he takes the latter route, I'd lose interest in seeing him succeed.

He did a marvelous job here but I think a lot of people tend to forget that he did it ( in general ) with players signed by Gary Peters........ Same with Billy D who did it with Craig Browns players......... Peters and Brown obviously had an eye for a player but for some strange reason didn't know what to do with them.............. Perhaps a highbrid of all these Managers is the type that really makes it ( and stays ) at the very top.
          Vote For John Brown

Comment

I'd like to put into print my thanks to Dave for syphoning £10 million out of West Ham into our club for Hugill.

Him and Alladyce are actually making the Premier League Managers Dining Club in Athletico Mince become more and more like real life everyday. Bob Mortimer will have a field day with this.

Nice One.
            “He was world famous but he never won a championship medal or an FA Cup winner’s medal. He won something much more important: the hearts of his team-mates, the supporters, opposing players even and of the whole country.” - Jimmy Armfield

Comment

Originally posted by Liberation View Post
              He did a marvelous job here but I think a lot of people tend to forget that he did it ( in general ) with players signed by Gary Peters........ Same with Billy D who did it with Craig Browns players......... Peters and Brown obviously had an eye for a player but for some strange reason didn't know what to do with them.............. Perhaps a highbrid of all these Managers is the type that really makes it ( and stays ) at the very top.
              Certainly that 2001 play-off side was the result of an unusually stable squad. Of the 16 in the matchday squad (without looking up detailed player records) I reckon about 12 or 13 had been signed before the end of the 1990s with a big majority of those signed 97 or earlier (before Moyes was manager)... which was pretty remarkable.

He did keep Everton doing pretty well for a decade. Maybe their players were all pushing 40 by the time he left there!

Play-off final team

David Lucas
              Graham Alexander
              Colin Murdock
              Ryan Kidd
              Rob Edwards
              Lee Cartwright
              Mark Rankine
              Sean Gregan
              Paul McKenna
              David Healy
              Jon Macken

Substitutes:
              Richard Cresswell
              Iain Anderson
              Teuvo Moilanen
              Michael Jackson
              Brian Barry-Murphy

Comment

I thought Moyes was out of contract. Do you still get a pay off when your contract ends?
                3 Butter Pies and a coke please : D

Comment

I feel great sympathy for Moyes. Used as a stop the rot manager and dumped very ungraciously out of West Ham in my opinion. Should the opportunity ever arise, then I for one would welcome him back with open arms, just like I would with Billy Davies.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballcrazyP_ View Post
                    I thought Moyes was out of contract. Do you still get a pay off when your contract ends?
                    You're right... so there would be no pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberation View Post
                      Peters and Brown started dicking around with fancy formations, and to quote Brown, Brazil play this way Davies and Moyes came in and played 4-4 fooking 2.

Comment

“ and what have you actually won David ?”

“ er, third tier champions 18 years ago “

Blokes stole a living.

Comment

Sadly becoming / joining the ever increasing merry go round mediocre managers club

Comment

Originally posted by TSR2 View Post
                            Peters and Brown started dicking around with fancy formations, and to quote Brown, Brazil play this way Davies and Moyes came in and played 4-4 fooking 2.
                            Remember Brown quoting Brazil’s formation when he attempted 3-5-2. Trouble was their wing backs I think were Cafu and Carlos whereas we had Grezza and possibly Eddie Lewis?!!

Comment

Originally posted by pnematic View Post
                              “ and what have you actually won David ?”

“ er, third tier champions 18 years ago “

Blokes stole a living.
                              1 trophy more than Mo Po at Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs!!
                              RIP Kurt
                              Best mates for 14 years
                              09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

Working...
                              X