Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English international football revitalised by WC. So of course....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndySaville View Post
    Looks like I'm a bit out, the latest figure I could find was approx 32.5% of the TV owning population have Sky but how many have sports is undisclosed.

It's still a large amount of the UK who don't have access now to any England games.
    If 32.5% have Sky, then I'd imagine that you were pretty close with your guess of 80% not having Sky Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Regardless View Post
      If 32.5% have Sky, then I'd imagine that you were pretty close with your guess of 80% not having Sky Sports.
      That's how I read it as well.....

I must admit , I thought more people in the country would have Sky..

Comment

Tonights friendly against Switzerland is only being shown on Sky. Outrageous that most of the country wont be able to watch the national side.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando60 View Post

The opposite for me. I'm really surprised that a third of households have it. Really amazed.

Comment

Although I think football's too big to really fall off the map like other sports I agree with the sentiment. I used to be a big f1 fan as a kid watching every race, since they've stopped having every race on terrestrial I can't remember the last time I saw a race despite being able to watch a few on channel 4 and the rest on online streams, my interest was lost when the ease of following was lost. Similarly I was 8 in 2005 and followed all the Ashes that year (despite not really understanding what was going on). When I stopped seeing it on tele I forgot about it until my late teens when I discovered the brilliant TMS too late for me to really start participating. There are a few events that the government has a ruling saying they have to be on normal TV (world cup final, fa cup final). IMO all national team fixtures for our three major sports (cricket, football, rugby) should have to be on normal tele, although with Murdoch's ties to every government for decades I doubt this will come to pass.

Comment

The opposite for me. I'm really surprised that a third of households have it. Really amazed.
              It isn't cheap and I guess other things must come first in a lot of households..........

Comment

The thing is, you don't need to have Sky to watch Sky Sports these days. You can know someone who has Sky and use their Sky ID with their permission to watch online or through an app, people can use an app called IPTV on a Smart TV, it can be streamed online etc.

Comment

To be honest there isn't much point in sky anymore, we have a daughter so she uses the main Tele and all the other channels are on Freeview or available on Netflix or Amazon prime shortly after airing. The main disadvantage is not having Sky Atlantic for Billions and GoT but you can easily get around that and it is worth it for the 25 a month they were charging us for all the stuff we weren't even watching.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by norky84 View Post
                    The thing is, you don't need to have Sky to watch Sky Sports these days. You can know someone who has Sky and use their Sky ID with their permission to watch online or through an app, people can use an app called IPTV on a Smart TV, it can be streamed online etc.
                    Exactly what I was referring to.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

I ended up watching most of the Ireland game instead to see how our players were getting on.

Comment

So none of the bright young things on University Challenge this week appeared to know who the captain of the England cricket team is.....

Comment

Originally posted by justinr73 View Post
                          So none of the bright young things on University Challenge this week appeared to know who the captain of the England cricket team is.....
                          Well, he is a Northerner !!

Comment

They were a bit shit all round. Edinburgh and some clowns from Cambridge.

Durham were amazing a few weeks ago.

I was asked to be on, believe it or not. First series it came back with Paxman as presenter.

Comment

F E C?

Micheal Atherton? I'm rooting for him to be the correct answer...
                              RIP Kurt
                              Best mates for 14 years
                              09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                                F E C?

Micheal Atherton? I'm rooting for him to be the correct answer...
                                Am I missing something here? Surely the answer is just Joe Root?

Or is it Morgan? But then he's Irish so yeah I can see the confusion...

Comment

Working...
                                X