Why Wigan ? And not PNE ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Wigan ? And not PNE ?

Wigan get taken over in a multi -million deal , the new owners are clearly going to invest to get them back in the premier . Surely we are a more attractive proposition than with respect Wigan - canít get my head around it .

The difference in the asking price?

Comment

Originally posted by Meldrew's Ghost View Post
      The difference in the asking price?
      What is our asking price? Just out of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by White123 View Post

What is our asking price? Just out of interest.
        Everything the owner has lopped out so far........ Just guessing of course.
        Vote For John Brown

Comment

I thought that at the fans forum it was stated that he wanted his money back - which they estimated as being c£75 million? Considering that this is double what Hull are being sold for....... it ain't going to happen unless TH gets realistic about things.

Comment

Surely there are ways TH can do a deal.
            20 -30 Million now and the rest when we get to the Prem.
            Sorted.
            It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
              Wigan get taken over in a multi -million deal , the new owners are clearly going to invest to get them back in the premier . Surely we are a more attractive proposition than with respect Wigan - canít get my head around it .
              Maybe Wigan have much better marketing professionals than we do? They've also got a recent stint in the top flight and a recent FA cup win to throw in to the mix.
              Last edited by Dirty Harry; 07-11-2018, 06:30 PM.
              Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Intent

Comment

Think itíís pretty obvious why.
                  'Say goodbye to the pain of the past. Say hello to the championship. It's his day it's Preston's day'

Comment

This might hurt .

Wigan have been a far more ambitious than PNE for some years. It yielded 8 seasons of top flight football and an FA Cup.

Theyve had just 40 years league status.

They have less hard core support and population than Preston and are nearer to Liverpool and Manchester.

They also compete with a world class Rugby League team , most folk down here are rugby league fans.

Sorry.

Comment

ownership of the stadium, a top class RL team who lease the use of the facility, no debts etc etc etc
                      clingron gone
                      (more's the pity)

Comment

Originally posted by pnematic View Post

This might hurt .

Wigan have been a far more ambitious than PNE for some years. It yielded 8 seasons of top flight football and an FA Cup.

Theyve had just 40 years league status.

They have less hard core support and population than Preston and are nearer to Liverpool and Manchester.

They also compete with a world class Rugby League team , most folk down here are rugby league fans.

Sorry.
                        I was going to post something similar...

They have been in the top flight very recently and are probably are far bigger attraction than Preston to new investors..

Comment

Originally posted by Meldrew's Ghost View Post
                          I thought that at the fans forum it was stated that he wanted his money back - which they estimated as being c£75 million? Considering that this is double what Hull are being sold for....... it ain't going to happen unless TH gets realistic about things.

I thought that the 77million was an estimate of player values, which is just a guide for things like insurance values, nothing to do with the value of the club.

Not owning the ground could put prospective buyers off, but its on a long lease and in the grand order of things it wouldnít cost a fortune to buy it back from the council?

I thought also that their was a deed of covenant on the land that it could only be used for sporting purposes, but in todays age of slick lawyers I donít know how that would stack up?

Comment

With you on that Ando60 and pneumatic

I think Uncle Trevor thought at the time of his 'buyout' (see being polite) it would be relatively easy to fund (and Cheap) to have a Ďgoí to the Premiership, well events have overtaken him now.
                            Realistically itís a big multi pound investment situation now, not a bit of loose change

So NO I donít know how he is planning to get his money back, and Ď Riddlerí doesnít seem to know either

Comment

Originally posted by Ando60 View Post

I was going to post something similar...

They have been in the top flight very recently and are probably are far bigger attraction than Preston to new investors..
                              I recall sitting in the pub probably just back from Chesterfield or Doncaster or some such place when my Wigan Athletic drinking pals rolled in just back from Anfield / Old Trafford etc or having played Spurs or Chelsea at home.

To their eternal credit there was no gloating. But when your on the front line as I was , boy , it was hard to take.

Comment

Working...
                              X