Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting TH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meeting TH

    Last night I had the unexpected pleasure of meeting TH at a charity dinner, together with Gary Mabbutt. Now, I know plenty will flame TH, and that's your opinion. But I've appreciated TH's investment in the club and the stability it's provided, so meeting him in person was a real pleasure for me.

    Even better, he was happy to chat for quite some time about PNE. I won't reveal what he said in a private conversation, but I will say that his love for the club shone through. The look of happiness on his face when he talked about some of the success we've enjoyed was obviously genuine.

    After today's display, I'm certain he'll have a very broad smile on his face.

    Last edited by JK; 10-11-2018, 07:20 PM.

  • #2
    Hey Trevor how's it going?

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for sharing. Have never spoken to TH personally, but have seen him at Deepdale quite a few times and he clearly cares about the club.

      Comment


      • #4
        Did you ask about why he was not re-investing the 10+ million? A huge question IMO
        1888-89- - - - - - - - -Played-Won-Drew-Lost-Points

        Preston North End - - -22 - - -18 - -4 - - -0 - - 40 Undefeated Champions

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rorschach View Post
          Did you ask about why he was not re-investing the 10+ million? A huge question IMO
          Could have asked him whether he thought AN had lost the dressing room as someone suggested last Saturday

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rorschach View Post
            Did you ask about why he was not re-investing the 10+ million? A huge question IMO

            All Hemmings' business - even his horses - are cash generating, except PNE into which he dumps huge amounts of cash every year.

            You need to look at the overall balance of cash over the long term, not a single year. Just like any business.

            Also, we have a balanced squad with no big money stars. Big money purchases with big salary demands would be disruptive.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sardine View Post

              Could have asked him whether he thought AN had lost the dressing room as someone suggested last Saturday
              I think the investment question is much more important. AN has probably not lost the dr.
              1888-89- - - - - - - - -Played-Won-Drew-Lost-Points

              Preston North End - - -22 - - -18 - -4 - - -0 - - 40 Undefeated Champions

              Comment


              • #8
                Was he surprisingly down to Earth and VERY funny?
                Prudence never pays
                And everything she wants costs money

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ushtey View Post
                  Last night I had the unexpected pleasure of meeting TH at a charity dinner, together with Gary Mabbutt. Now, I know plenty will flame TH, and that's your opinion. But I've appreciated TH's investment in the club and the stability it's provided, so meeting him in person was a real pleasure for me.

                  Even better, he was happy to chat for quite some time about PNE. I won't reveal what he said in a private conversation, but I will say that his love for the club shone through. The look of happiness on his face when he talked about some of the success we've enjoyed was obviously genuine.

                  After today's display, I'm certain he'll have a very broad smile on his face.

                  https://www.babbphotography.com/img/...69732515-3.jpg
                  'Private' conversation? At a dinner event? Come off it, why don't you just tell us what you asked and what he said? He's hardly going to send a couple of thugs round to duff you up, is he?

                  Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We talked about the club in general, shared some of our favourite PNE memories (mine being in the stands when Graham Alexander scored in his last match) and a few other topics. It was fascinating hearing things from his side of things. He seemed like a friendly, knowledgeable fan, but we also talked about his horses and living on the Island in general. Gary Mabbutt was giving a talk at the dinner and joined in on the conversation about football in general.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                      'Private' conversation? At a dinner event? Come off it, why don't you just tell us what you asked and what he said? He's hardly going to send a couple of thugs round to duff you up, is he?
                      Because it was a private conversation and and I respect that. Nothing do to with intimidation, just good manners. It was towards the end of the evening and we were in a private part of the venue for photographs.Lasted about 15 minutes and people respected our privacy, given that they were both the guests of honour at the event.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                        'Private' conversation? At a dinner event? Come off it, why don't you just tell us what you asked and what he said? He's hardly going to send a couple of thugs round to duff you up, is he?
                        Remind me never to have a private conversation with you!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ushtey View Post

                          Because it was a private conversation and and I respect that. Nothing do to with intimidation, just good manners. It was towards the end of the evening and we were in a private part of the venue for photographs.Lasted about 15 minutes and people respected our privacy, given that they were both the guests of honour at the event.
                          Just wanted to tell you about the conversation we had...proper interesting...won't be disclosing any specific details...but well done me huh?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What I know about the owner is he is stubborn, deluded and doesn't know much about football.

                            Glad to hear he was very friendly and that you had a good chat. Hope you had a good evening.
                            I'm back.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ushtey View Post
                              Last night I had the unexpected pleasure of meeting TH at a charity dinner, together with Gary Mabbutt. Now, I know plenty will flame TH, and that's your opinion. But I've appreciated TH's investment in the club and the stability it's provided, so meeting him in person was a real pleasure for me.

                              Even better, he was happy to chat for quite some time about PNE. I won't reveal what he said in a private conversation, but I will say that his love for the club shone through. The look of happiness on his face when he talked about some of the success we've enjoyed was obviously genuine.

                              After today's display, I'm certain he'll have a very broad smile on his face.
                              Caption competition, anyone?
                              Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X