Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • January thread

    With just under 6 weeks, and 8 games, to go until the opening of the transfer window, you would expect that planning and manoeuvring in the background is already taking place ahead of the window.

    Whether we get what the footballing staff want is another matter I suppose, and probably doubtful after the last few windows, but we can only hope.

    One name that's been mentioned a few times is Sam Surridge at Oldham (on loan from Bournemouth). A Garner type striker who looks too good for League Two. He has been injured for around a month though.

    Another name that has surfaced today is Dan Barlaser (Newcastle, on loan at Accrington), an attacking midfield (would make sense given Harrop and Johnson injuries). John Coleman thinks we want him (report is from the Accrington vs Barnsley game at the weekend) -

    “You’re not having him, Peter!”

    “I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about, John…”

    “Come on, Peter, we both know why you are here…”

    Peter Ridsdale had entered Coleman’s office at 2pm, accompanied by Accrington’s chairman, Andy Holt.

    “It’s Dan Barlaser isn’t it, Peter? We call him the Turkish De Bruyne…”

    Ridsdale, an advisor to the owner of Preston North End’s owner, Trevor Hemmings, was wearing his long winter coat.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8644706.html

  • #2
    We need a rb, a striker and a playmaker in cm/am, with the striker and midfielder good and experienced enough to add something to the starting 11 immediately. We'll get an attacking midfielder who can maybe do a job up front either on loan or from a league 2 club.

    Comment


    • #3
      We'll get 15 million for Robbo and spend pennies.

      Comment


      • #4
        I said t'other week a RB and striker were of equal priority.

        With Maguire's injury then a striker probably just edges to the top of the list and a new CM also makes a play for the top spot, especially if the DJ fears are confirmed and who knows, Browne made need an op on his shoulder at some stage.

        For me, it's a RB, striker and CM all in equal measure. Failure to add players in those areas could see us struggle to pull away from the bottom. Needless to say we also need to keep Robinson, Browne, Pearson etc etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sedgwick__7 View Post
          With just under 6 weeks, and 8 games, to go until the opening of the transfer window, you would expect that planning and manoeuvring in the background is already taking place ahead of the window.

          Whether we get what the footballing staff want is another matter I suppose, and probably doubtful after the last few windows, but we can only hope.

          One name that's been mentioned a few times is Sam Surridge at Oldham (on loan from Bournemouth). A Garner type striker who looks too good for League Two. He has been injured for around a month though.

          Another name that has surfaced today is Dan Barlaser (Newcastle, on loan at Accrington), an attacking midfield (would make sense given Harrop and Johnson injuries). John Coleman thinks we want him (report is from the Accrington vs Barnsley game at the weekend) -



          https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8644706.html
          Not looking forward to the window. I'm sure the Staff will have good targets but the owner will tell em to fuck off but i'm sure the owner will consider any approach for CR7.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm sure this Barlaser is a tidy player but another signing who has never kicked a ball at this level?

            This is a big window for us, experience is needed to keep climbing the table. No coincidence that form has improved with the re-introduction and improvement in form from senior players like DJ, Gally, Clarke and Huntington.

            Comment


            • #7
              The Turkish de Bruyne.
              whatever happened to the Macedonian Steven Gerrard
              [

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tino View Post
                I
                For me, it's a RB, striker and CM all in equal measure.
                If Fisher gets his form back then with Clarke as very able competition a right-back will not be all that urgent even though we only have one specialist player for that position. Another central midfielder will be the key signing to give us sufficient strength-in-depth there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sedgwick__7 View Post
                  With just under 6 weeks, and 8 games, to go until the opening of the transfer window, you would expect that planning and manoeuvring in the background is already taking place ahead of the window.

                  Whether we get what the footballing staff want is another matter I suppose, and probably doubtful after the last few windows, but we can only hope.

                  One name that's been mentioned a few times is Sam Surridge at Oldham (on loan from Bournemouth). A Garner type striker who looks too good for League Two. He has been injured for around a month though.

                  Another name that has surfaced today is Dan Barlaser (Newcastle, on loan at Accrington), an attacking midfield (would make sense given Harrop and Johnson injuries). John Coleman thinks we want him (report is from the Accrington vs Barnsley game at the weekend) -



                  https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8644706.html
                  Your post was pinched and used by someone on FB on another PNE page.

                  Flattery of a sort I suppose Sedge.
                  RIP Kurt
                  Best mates for 14 years
                  09/98 - 11/06/12

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ernest View Post

                    If Fisher gets his form back then with Clarke as very able competition a right-back will not be all that urgent even though we only have one specialist player for that position. Another central midfielder will be the key signing to give us sufficient strength-in-depth there.
                    Not for me Ernest, he (Fisher) isn't up to it and we need better. However the injuries to Maguire and Johnson have perhaps knocked it down a notch or 2 in the eyes of the owner...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post

                      Your post was pinched and used by someone on FB on another PNE page.

                      Flattery of a sort I suppose Sedge.
                      Unless it was sedgwick who posted it...unless you know his real name and it isn't him... anyway.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SuffolknWhat View Post
                        We'll get 15 million for Robbo and spend pennies.
                        more like 7-10m but i agree entirely

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tino View Post

                          Unless it was sedgwick who posted it...unless you know his real name and it isn't him... anyway.
                          I get the impression that Sedge is a 20 something whereas on FB, it is an older chap. Writing style is different, too.

                          I thought it cheeky (with a smile).
                          RIP Kurt
                          Best mates for 14 years
                          09/98 - 11/06/12

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't agree that Fisher isn't up to it, he was great last season, his weaknesses were just highlighted at the start of this season in a side that was playing poorly and had zero confidence.

                            I'd still back him to bounce back and retain his place.

                            Still needs proper competition though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tino View Post

                              Unless it was sedgwick who posted it...unless you know his real name and it isn't him... anyway.
                              Can assure you I don’t post anything PNE related (if anything at all) on FB so it’s not me !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X