Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team for Forest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Team for Forest

    Preston hope to wheel out big guns Ben Pearson, Ben Davies and Tom Clarke for the Nottingham Forest clash this weekend.

    Pearson and Clarke were sidelined for the 3-0 defeat at Birmingham, while Davies was only on the bench as a last resort following a hamstring problem.

    A thigh strain has troubled Pearson for some weeks and the Birmingham game came too soon after the 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough which at times he limped through.

    Clarke broke his nose in a clash with former Preston striker Jordan Hugill in the Boro game.


    Assuming Clarke can play in a weird mask thing and the other two are fit enough to start.


    Maxwell
    Clarke, Storey, Davies, Earl
    Pearson, Gallagher
    Barkhuizen, Browne, Barker
    Moult



    Storey has performed better than Hunts and Davies is our best defender, midfield and attack almost picks itself with the current injuries.


  • #2
    Originally posted by sf View Post


    Assuming Clarke can play in a weird mask thing and the other two are fit enough to start.


    Maxwell
    Clarke, Storey, Davies, Earl
    Pearson, Gallagher
    Barkhuizen, Browne, Barker
    Moult



    Storey has performed better than Hunts and Davies is our best defender, midfield and attack almost picks itself with the current injuries.
    Barker needs to start imposing himself from the beginning of games - we know he has the skill. I would be tempted to start Burke on the left of the 3 and hold Barker back to run at their tiring defenders later on. Otherwise agree.

    Comment


    • #3
      Do we know that Earl or Storey are even fit after last weekends injuries ?

      Forest are quite fluid so it might be a Pearson; LEdson Browne combo in midfield to compete.....not that Gally deserves leaving out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sports rehab View Post
        Do we know that Earl or Storey are even fit after last weekends injuries ?
        We might as well just assume they're out for 3 months.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't like that "a thigh strain has troubled Pearson for some weeks" line.

          He'll play, then he'll be off again.
          East Midlands Branch

          Comment


          • #6
            Rudd

            Clark
            Huntington
            Davies
            Earl/Hughes

            Pearson/Ledson
            Gallagher

            Barkuizen
            Browne
            Barker

            Moult

            Given Pearson's importance to the side, if there's any doubt at all about his fitness, I'd give him another week's rest so that he's hopefully right for the busy programme ahead.




            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think Pearson will be fit.

              Rudd

              Clarke
              Huntington
              Davies
              Earl

              Ledson
              Gallagher

              Barkhuizen
              Browne
              Barker

              Moult
              I'm back.

              Comment


              • #8
                I doubt we will get much at Forest and imo, I would rather keep anyone not fully fit back for the Millwall game which is more important, rather take points off them than Forest if I had to choose one over the other given where they are in the league.
                RIP Kurt
                Best mates for 14 years
                09/98 - 11/06/12

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                  I doubt we will get much at Forest and imo, I would rather keep anyone not fully fit back for the Millwall game which is more important, rather take points off them than Forest if I had to choose one over the other given where they are in the league.
                  I think we need as many points as we can get, to distant ourselves from the bottom three

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wisemen say View Post

                    I think we need as many points as we can get, to distant ourselves from the bottom three
                    Agreed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Looking at AN's comments this morning you begin to winder if our injury situation this week-end will be worse not better than last week-end with Earl joining the list. If it is we just need to get on with things. The real change needed for this week-end is one of attitude.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ernest View Post
                        Looking at AN's comments this morning you begin to winder if our injury situation this week-end will be worse not better than last week-end with Earl joining the list. If it is we just need to get on with things. The real change needed for this week-end is one of attitude.
                        If the players who weren't 100% fit last game still aren't and Earl and possibly Storey are added to the list of those carrying a knock our injured/carrying a knock 11 will be coming along nicely.

                        Clarke
                        Storey
                        Davies
                        Earl

                        Pearson
                        Johnson

                        Bodin
                        Harrop
                        Robinson

                        Maguire

                        Just need a keeper and our fitness room could be going places.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Is it just us or do other clubs have so many in the treatment room.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The only way I can see us getting anything from the Forest game is to attack from the off. They have a few problems at the back at present and Michael Dawson is a big doubt for the game and he would be a big loss, especially as they are also missing Fox and one of their Portuguese lads who got sent off in the 5-5 draw at Villa. Forest are scoring loads of goals at present but they are also shipping loads of goals. If we could fly out of the traps and hit em cold, their weakened defence could become even more dodgy.
                            Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Delaney View Post

                              If the players who weren't 100% fit last game still aren't and Earl and possibly Storey are added to the list of those carrying a knock our injured/carrying a knock 11 will be coming along nicely.

                              Clarke
                              Storey
                              Davies
                              Earl

                              Pearson
                              Johnson

                              Bodin
                              Harrop
                              Robinson

                              Maguire

                              Just need a keeper and our fitness room could be going places.
                              We'd win the league with that team.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X