PNE Donation Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNE Donation Centre

Not sure if anyone else received the email this morning about the donation centre at PNE, i think this is a really good idea and wanted to share. I generally try and donate to food banks especially around Christmas time so good to see PNE getting involved to. I've attached the link in case anyone is interested.
    Preston North End are running a week-long donation centre encouraging its community to come together and support vital causes in the area this Christmas.

Really good idea.

I wonder why Sparks (was that his user name?) from the Sally Army Food Bank in Harrington St, hasnít been on giving a link for donations to that. Hope he is ok. Either way there is that Food Bank too.
    No wums please - low patience threshold

Comment

Originally posted by Joanpne View Post
      Really good idea.

I wonder why Sparks (was that his user name?) from the Sally Army Food Bank in Harrington St, hasnít been on giving a link for donations to that. Hope he is ok. Either way there is that Food Bank too.
      Spooks I thought it was.

This year, it is going to be even harder now that the government and stitched people with the universal credit fiasco. You have people working full time and struggling to put food on the table for their families. Disabled people are not deemed disabled enough and have their benefits stopped. It saddens me, it really does. This year I split my donation between the Salvation Army and The Foxton Centre..

Anyway, proud people of Preston, next time you go shopping please buy a few bits extra and donate to a good cause.

Local charities taking donations (that I know of)

The Salvation Army
      The Foxton Centre

Comment

Originally posted by prestonmadhouse View Post

Spooks I thought it was.

This year, it is going to be even harder now that the government and stitched people with the universal credit fiasco. You have people working full time and struggling to put food on the table for their families. Disabled people are not deemed disabled enough and have their benefits stopped. It saddens me, it really does. This year I split my donation between the Salvation Army and The Foxton Centre..

Anyway, proud people of Preston, next time you go shopping please buy a few bits extra and donate to a good cause.

Local charities taking donations (that I know of)

The Salvation Army
        The Foxton Centre
        Yes I know itís absolutely abysmal, I just donít understand how heartless people can be. The media demonised the benefit system and in doing so gave this damned, rotten to the core, government full licence to walk all over the defenceless. Shame on people who got sucked in by it all.
        No wums please - low patience threshold

Comment

This is a great idea.

not sure if it's the same in Preston but the Asda by me always has a trolley at the front of the store for donations. I always try and drop a few tins in. At the minute it's being filled with presents which is such a lovely thought.

Comment

Originally posted by paddysr View Post
            This is a great idea.

not sure if it's the same in Preston but the Asda by me always has a trolley at the front of the store for donations. I always try and drop a few tins in. At the minute it's being filled with presents which is such a lovely thought.
            Absolutely, obviously being able to eat is paramount for kids but having a few presents when many of their school friends are getting loads is huge for them. The psychological impact of missing the thrill of opening presents is something that will massively impact on them.

My local church run a scheme whereby they put tags on the Christmas tree with an age range, you take a tag and return it attached to a wrapped present. Only a small thing to most people but I would urge anyone to try and do something similar if they are able to.

What the Tories are doing to this country is simply soul destroying.

Comment

Would have been a good idea to ask fans to bring a tin to the home game on the 15th, with collection boxes at each turnstile

Comment

Originally posted by joh View Post
                Would have been a good idea to ask fans to bring a tin to the home game on the 15th, with collection boxes at each turnstile
                May I second this suggestion. Absolutely wonderful idea.

Comment

The club are fairly low key. They are doing such a lot that is not really seen. Itís the likes of us (social media/forums) who should be shouting their praises.

It would look really poor if they said look at us, weíve given all this to charity.

would be lovely if we fans, as a club, could get this idea off the ground. It is well known that we are gentry. We have bought tickets for families and done other generous things. ďBring some food dayĒ would be simple for everyone. Maybe too late to sort for this year, as it needs plenty of thought and exposure, but future years it could well work.

Comment

Originally posted by joh View Post
                    You should contact the club and suggest this. If you dont want to do it personally im sure someone else from the board would happily do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X