Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josh Ginnelly Signed (Confirmed post #121)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Ginnelly Signed (Confirmed post #121)

Misses the Walsall game today amidst rumours closing in on a move to PNE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Ginnelly

Comment

I know the reporter who is the source of this (Joe Masi) - and hes very reliable.
      Alex Neil's Super White Army

Comment

Just asked one of my Dingle mates what he is like. Seems to fit our profile if nothing else

update: response I got

Fast skilful weak arrogant bad agent. Proper Billy big bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Staffordwhite View Post
          I know the reporter who is the source of this (Joe Masi) - and hes very reliable.
          Do you know much about him, Staff?

I know nothing of him at all.
          "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by paddysr View Post
            Just asked one of my Dingle mates what he is like. Seems to fit our profile if nothing else

update: response I got
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post

Do you know much about him, Staff?

I know nothing of him at all.
              Keith Harrison retweetd it on twitter. Think he used to work at the star. 3 years at burnley without making an appearance is all i can find. Not a lot else up about him whether an attacking midfielder, winger, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post

lol
                Says he is talented but apparently the agent was constantly filling the papers with talks about him being linked with prem clubs even though he hadn't even got a game at Burnley.

Maybe a stint at Walsall has tempered him somewhat...

Comment

Further update:

Never heard about him being a nob in training or anything. Dyche gave him some friendlies so cant have been too much of a cock
                  Sounds like he has a dickhead agent. Went to Burnley with a lot of hype and promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Staffordwhite View Post
                    If Staffordwhite says the source is reliable then there is probably some truth in this story.

Comment

Interesting, he had a short stint at Villa when Callum and DJ were there. Hes a different age, but may know them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post

Keith Harrison retweetd it on twitter. Think he used to work at the star. 3 years at burnley without making an appearance is all i can find. Not a lot else up about him whether an attacking midfielder, winger, etc
                        Keiths reliable
                        "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by raefil View Post

Keiths reliable
                          I dont know about that - bit of a has-been these days but Joe Masi is normally spot on. Somebody taught him well.

Alex Neil's Super White Army

Comment

Interesting, I heard from someone, who said we were after Harry Anderson, Lincoln City winger. This was in the summer, I see Ginnelly was on loan at Lincoln last season, maybe he got his wires crossed. Anderson is also 21.

Comment

It has stemmed from this article by Pete O Rourke -

Preston North End are closing in on the signing of Walsall attacker Josh Ginnelly, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Ginnelly was released by Burnley at the end of last season having never made a first-team appearance for the club after joining from Shrewsbury in the summer of 2015.

The skilful winger spent parts of last season on loan Lincoln City and Tranmere Rovers, having enjoyed a loan spell at Walsall during the first half of the 2016/17 season.

Ginnelly has impressed at Walsall since joining the club in the summer and his performances have not gone unnoticed higher up the football ladder.

The 21-year-old has scored four goals in all competitions so far this season, including a stunning strike in the draw with Sunderland last month.

Ginnelly is out of contract at Walsall at the end of the season and Preston are hoping to land the player for a cut-price fee in January with Walsall likely to cash in on him rather than risk allowing him to run down his contract.

Preston boss Alex Neil is keen to bolster his attacking options in January after losing Callum Robinson to long-term injury last month and Ginnelly's versatility makes him an attractive proposition.
                              https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/2...josh-ginnelly/

Comment

Working...
                              X