Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxwell Loaned to Charlton (Confirmed post #334)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxwell Loaned to Charlton (Confirmed post #334)

Bristol City are among a host of sides weighing up a move for Preston North End goalkeeper Chris Maxwell in the January transfer window, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Maxwell is currently playing second fiddle to Declan Rudd in Alex Neil's first-team plans at Preston, having been first-choice keeper at Deepdale last season.

The 28-year-old kept 12 clean sheets in 30 Championship games last term and only conceded 29 goals in the league as Preston just missed out on the play-offs

However, Maxwell has made only 11 appearances in all competitions so far this season, but has not started since being sent-off in the draw with Ipswich Town in November.

Maxwell is understood to be ready to move on in January in search of regular first-team football and the news has alerted a number of clubs at home and abroad.

Championship rivals Bristol City are looking to bolster their goalkeeping options in the transfer window and they are considering a move for Maxwell, while several Major League Soccer sides are also monitoring Maxwell's situation at Preston.

Maxwell has played for Wales at all levels up to the senior squad and has been part of the group in the past without winning a cap, so a move away could boost his chances of breaking into Ryan Giggs' plans.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/3...eeper-maxwell/

Shouldnít be leaving and should be number 1 canít blame him if he goes though

Comment

Rudd reportedly cost £1m. I would sell him rather than Maxwell.

Comment

Originally posted by spender View Post
        Maxwell leaving will enable us to bring in a Keeper (probably on loan) who is very likely to come in as a number one. Who that is? No idea,

Things have gone a bit west for Maxwell and think what happened with his red card lost any faith the manager had in him, probably best for all parties if he can find another club. Although I can only see him leaving if he is ensured to get first team football.
        Last edited by JK; 30-12-2018, 01:43 PM.
        Please support PNE-Online by becoming a FORUM PATRON

Comment

Originally posted by Garden Gnome View Post
          Rudd reportedly cost £1m. I would sell him rather than Maxwell.
          Where is it reported that he cost us £1m? Down hear City fans and Radio Norfolk reported it as being in the £350,000 region.

Comment

Originally posted by spender View Post
            He has been told he can leave, needs to find a club, he thinks he should be a number one in the Championship, we believe we can get better.

Originally posted by norfolk white View Post

Where is it reported that he cost us £1m? Down hear City fans and Radio Norfolk reported it as being in the £350,000 region.
            Exactly, this figure seems to be branded about, fee was below £500k

If and it is a big if Maxwell finds himself a new club then I expect this will be an area the owner may chuck some money at a decent loan as opposed to cheaper options elsewhere in the sqaud.

Simples

Comment

Did Chris Maxwell himself or his agent write this?!!!!

Comment

Iíd sell if get the right money. Prefer Rudd and get someone in who can take the number 1 spot

Comment

I'm not sure HITC is a site worth quoting from.

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post

Maxwell leaving will enable us to bring in a Keeper (probably on loan) who is very likely to come in as a number one. Who that is? No idea,

Things have gone a bit west for Maxwell and think what happened with his red card lost any faith the manager had in him, probably best for all parties if he can find another club. Although I can only see him leaving if he is ensured to get first team football.
                    Donít see us signing another GK if Maxwell goes & especially not as a number 1.

Comment

Nothing against Rudd but Iíll be sorry to see Maxwell go

Comment

Keepers ( especially the ones with Maxwells temperament and style ) are prone to moments of madness......I can't believe for one minute that Neil would lose faith in him for that.... I've no problem with either keeper but I know one commands his box and the other doesn't... Given our frailties at set peices and corners we may well be allowing the wrong one to leave...imho.

Vote For John Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Liberation View Post

Keepers ( especially the ones with Maxwells temperament and style ) are prone to moments of madness......I can't believe for one minute that Neil would lose faith in him for that.... I've no problem with either keeper but I know one commands his box and the other doesn't... Given our frailties at set peices and corners we may well be allowing the wrong one to leave...imho.
                          He hasníít played since which says it all.

Originally posted by pne1881 View Post

Donít see us signing another GK if Maxwell goes & especially not as a number 1.
                          Crowe has zero experience and is a emergency back up.

There would be little point selling Maxwell mid season and bringing in another number two.

If he goes donít be surprised to see a loan come in until the end of the season.
                          Last edited by JK; 30-12-2018, 03:39 PM.
                          Please support PNE-Online by becoming a FORUM PATRON

Comment

Going against the grain here but I rate Rudd and prefer him over Maxwell. Yes it's more fun watching a keeper come out of his box as a sweeper or try to claim everything but with Maxwell you run the risk of the Ipswich situation (something similar happened at home last year too if I remember rightly) or being cost points by over confidence like Fulham away last year. Sure Rudd has made a few errors but all goalkeepers have a howler or two on their CV, I just think that if we hadn't been spoiled for quality keepers in Johnstone and Pickford then Rudd would be appreciated slightly more. That said, if losing Maxwell meant we could loan another elite-level keeper like Heaton I would be more than happy!
                            Still laughing at the Cesspool keyboard protesters

Comment

He hasníít played since which says it all.

Crowe has zero experience and is a emergency back up.

There would be little point selling Maxwell mid season and bringing in another number two.

If he goes donít be surprised to see a loan come in until the end of the season.

Of course it doesn't or Hugill would have been humped out yonks before he forced his own sale and Pearson would have been banned from Deepdale for life....... All it says is that Rudd took his chance and we've done alright since..

Vote For John Brown

Comment

Working...
                              X