Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Pearson cost us any points?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has Pearson cost us any points?

    With his bad discipline record has Pearson cost us any points?
    And was the holy Lamb of God
    On England's pleasant pastures seen.

  • #2
    All he's done is demonstrate how vitally important he is to the side. All gone to rat shit since he got sent off. If it was due to gobbing off etc I'd agree he'd cost us, but I can't blame him for this one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Randall Flagg View Post
      All he's done is demonstrate how vitally important he is to the side. All gone to rat shit since he got sent off. If it was due to gobbing off etc I'd agree he'd cost us, but I can't blame him for this one.
      I still think he was sent off unfairly. If DJ or Gallagher had made the challenge it would have been a yellow. Hell Fletcher for Wednesday made a similar challenge on Gallagher in the same game and no card shown. Prior to the red card, Pearson had actually only had 1 yellow card in his previous 8 league games. He is trying to improve his disciplinary record, and his performances haven't dropped in that period either.

      Comment


      • #4
        Not today

        Comment


        • #5
          His ill discipline basically ruined the Christmas fixtures for us. 1 point in 12. 0 points from 9 during his ban after head-butting the Bolton player. We are far weaker without him and the sooner he understands his importance to the team, the better.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sedgwick__7 View Post
            His ill discipline basically ruined the Christmas fixtures for us. 1 point in 12. 0 points from 9 during his ban after head-butting the Bolton player. We are far weaker without him and the sooner he understands his importance to the team, the better.
            Bit harsh on this occasion as it was for a tackle that could have been deemed a yellow on another day.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Randall Flagg View Post
              Bit harsh on this occasion as it was for a tackle that could have been deemed a yellow on another day.
              At the time I would've agreed, but that follow through in our own half after under half an hour is silly. I do believe he suffers a bit from his own reputation though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Not a dig at OP but it's a bit of a silly question really - you can only guess how many points Pearson has cost us by assuming we would have won all the games we've lost since he has been suspended. We might well have still lost them had he been playing in the team?
                Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't want to get into this argument again . 4 losses and a draw since Pearson gets sent off. As far as I can see we haven't lost a game that Pearson started and finished since way back in September.
                  He's the only genuine PL player we've got and has been that quality for the last 3 seasons.
                  Are we a one man team? ; in Ben Pearsons case its pretty close, imo.
                  The void that appears in the midfield when he is absent is alarming in most games , with the odd exception .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PNEroulette View Post
                    Don't want to get into this argument again . 4 losses and a draw since Pearson gets sent off. As far as I can see we haven't lost a game that Pearson started and finished since way back in September.
                    He's the only genuine PL player we've got and has been that quality for the last 3 seasons.
                    Are we a one man team? ; in Ben Pearsons case its pretty close, imo.
                    The void that appears in the midfield when he is absent is alarming in most games , with the odd exception .
                    i wish we had had a few Ben pearsons on the park today .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PNEroulette View Post
                      Don't want to get into this argument again . 4 losses and a draw since Pearson gets sent off. As far as I can see we haven't lost a game that Pearson started and finished since way back in September.
                      He's the only genuine PL player we've got and has been that quality for the last 3 seasons.
                      Are we a one man team? ; in Ben Pearsons case its pretty close, imo.
                      The void that appears in the midfield when he is absent is alarming in most games , with the odd exception .
                      I don't think we are a one man team when we have certain players fit.

                      His suspension has coincided with our injury crisis.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

                        I don't think we are a one man team when we have certain players fit.

                        His suspension has coincided with our injury crisis.
                        Hmm, when he was sent off Earl had already missed 3 games injured, Robinson 5, Browne had been subbed off in 2 of the previous 3 carrying a knock, Barker had missed 3, Maguire had missed 6 so we were already well into the injuriy crisis. Pearson getting suspended just made the situation a whole lot worse.

                        It's not an exact science to say if he's cost us points, but he's missed 8 games already this season through suspensions, and he'll no doubt miss at least 2 more when he gets to 10 yellows. It's far far too many, and despite numerous snippets and interviews about him missing games has anything really changed? Maybe his previous reputation is beyond repair.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tino View Post

                          It's not an exact science to say if he's cost us points, but he's missed 8 games already this season through suspensions, and he'll no doubt miss at least 2 more when he gets to 10 yellows. It's far far too many, and despite numerous snippets and interviews about him missing games has anything really changed? Maybe his previous reputation is beyond repair.
                          Pretty much the reason why he is still a Preston Player.

                          If a club is going to invest £15-20m in a player, who is only available for 70% of their games, its the same value per game as a £28m player who is available 100% of the time.

                          He's definitely capable of making the step up, but his suspension record means clubs are, in effect, paying way over the odds for him.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nobody seems to mention that at the end of last season, whilst under great pressure he went about 10 games without being booked but as someone pointed out, if he comes up against a ref with preconceived ideas about him and players that target him it is inevitable that he will come unstuck at some point, doesn’t alter the fact that he is the best player on our books at the moment.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Walton View Post
                              Nobody seems to mention that at the end of last season, whilst under great pressure he went about 10 games without being booked but as someone pointed out, if he comes up against a ref with preconceived ideas about him and players that target him it is inevitable that he will come unstuck at some point, doesn’t alter the fact that he is the best player on our books at the moment.
                              You're right, he did do that, and avoided the 15 booking mark... But wasn't there reported interest from a Prem team at the time? Maybe we need another link for him to clean his act up.

                              And in fairness if anyone does have any preconceived ideas it is because of his past behaviour.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X