Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callum Johnson (rumour)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • John Beck v Graham Westley. The football under Beck was by far the least attractive I have ever seen, we were relegated to the 4th tier and he signed some world class donkeys. He was a spiv just like Westley but a bit more likeable.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by White123 View Post

      I know the debate has been done time and time again but I don't get why Westley get's any credit for getting the wage bill down. Most of the squad had their contracts ended by the end of the season. He allowed their contracts to end and let them leave. A sunday league manager could do that - although I would probably have a Sunday league manager than Westley. Granted, Irvine's signings weren't brilliant and he was the cause of our downward spiral but in terms of tactics, the way he acted, the way he treat players - Westley is our worst manager ever by far (and that does include Ferguson and Brown.)

      Under Westley we was the most hated team in the top four divisions - media hated us, other fans hated us, players/managers hated us, refs hated us. The football was diabolical - I mean we had 3 0-0's at home in a row against awful league one sides. People moaned about Grayson's football in the championship but he had a game plan and most of the time it worked. Westley's game plan was kick the shit out of the opposition. Awful person, awful manager. He doesn't deserve any credit what so ever and I hope he never comes near a football club again.
      I'd like to see him back at a football club. Blackpool.
      It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

      Comment


      • He played for Accy earlier, so has recovered from his minor knock or whatever it was.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
          He played for Accy earlier, so has recovered from his minor knock or whatever it was.
          Given our defensive injuries and the fact currently would need play fisher I suspect this lads price has gone up again.
          Please support PNE-Online by becoming a FORUM PATRON

          Comment


          • Good cameo by Fisher yesterday tbf.

            Comment


            • Could end up being one we wait 6 months for, like Ledson?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sf View Post
                Good cameo by Fisher yesterday tbf.
                Johnson can play in other positions too. Left back and centre half.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Spavin Stardust View Post
                  Could end up being one we wait 6 months for, like Ledson?
                  Possibly but our need for a RB is greater at this point in time than our need was for a back up for Pearson.

                  Going into the rest of the season without a new RB would be quite poor imho, especially now Clarke is out.
                  Please support PNE-Online by becoming a FORUM PATRON

                  Comment


                  • It say all you need to know about Neilís feelings about Fisher when 99.9% of us when Huntington went off would have moved Clarke inside and brought Fisher on but he didnít, it felt like when he did eventually bring him on it was like in desperation!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Walton View Post
                      It say all you need to know about Neilís feelings about Fisher when 99.9% of us when Huntington went off would have moved Clarke inside and brought Fisher on but he didnít, it felt like when he did eventually bring him on it was like in desperation!
                      Or the real reason was that he wanted a left footed central defender which Hughes did very well.
                      Half the reason for substituting Hunts was because he felt we were struggling with 2 right footed central defenders. The other half reason was that Hunts had a slight niggle but he could have carried on.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rem View Post

                        Or the real reason was that he wanted a left footed central defender which Hughes did very well.
                        Half the reason for substituting Hunts was because he felt we were struggling with 2 right footed central defenders. The other half reason was that Hunts had a slight niggle but he could have carried on.


                        I know Storey is quite inexperienced but I think it would be fair to say that he has played more professional games at left centre back, in fact all his games for Exeter were at LCB and I would suggest that Fisher is not in Neilís long term thinking, but of course your explanation and Neilís excuse couldíve be right!

                        PS... as you say Hughes did do very well and that could be something to work with in the future when Earl is fit and Davies out?
                        Last edited by Walton; 13-01-2019, 11:51 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JK View Post

                          Possibly but our need for a RB is greater at this point in time than our need was for a back up for Pearson.

                          Going into the rest of the season without a new RB would be quite poor imho, especially now Clarke is out.
                          True but it is North End.....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Walton View Post



                            I know Storey is quite inexperienced but I think it would be fair to say that he has played more professional games at left centre back, in fact all his games for Exeter were at LCB and I would suggest that Fisher is not in Neilís long term thinking, but of course your explanation and Neilís excuse couldíve be right!

                            PS... as you say Hughes did do very well and that could be something to work with in the future when Earl is fit and Davies out?
                            I don't think Earl is anywhere near displacing Hughes right now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by paddysr View Post

                              I don't think Earl is anywhere near displacing Hughes right now.

                              Just thinking in emergencies Paddy, we have been in such circumstances quite a lot both last season and this.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Walton View Post


                                Just thinking in emergencies Paddy, we have been in such circumstances quite a lot both last season and this.
                                That's true enough

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X