Alex Neil's Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Neil's Team

Once this transfer window has finished I think we can safely say that this is Neil's team.

He will have brought in enough players that have been bought specifically to fit in with his ethos that I feel that this is now the time to judge him.

The second half of this season could lead to be a defining point in how he is judged as a manager for us. If we see the improvements that I both hope for and expect and take this forward to next season we will get a real idea of if he is capable of taking us that next step.

I think we all anticipate that there is a good chance we will lose some, if not all, of Pearson, Robinson and Browne this summer if we don't go up and even the most optimistic of us know that it will take a herculean effort for us to make the play-offs this year but if the bodies that we have brought in this month integrate themselves well and perform then we can be fairly confident going into next year.

Let's draw a line under the poor start and the injury problems we have had, now is the time this team really needs to shine.

Neil is a young manager and still learning. He attracts talent because he will develop them. Stated repeatedly by signings... Nice words paddy. +

Comment

Originally posted by epsilon View Post
      Neil is a young manager and still learning. He attracts talent because he will develop them. Stated repeatedly by signings... Nice words paddy. +
      Correct Epsilon, that's exactly what he is good at. Paddy, maybe we loose some in the summer but it will be for a high price. Really good incoming potential this month, but some we win some we loose and they may not all develop. However I do like what is currently going on with Alex Neil's team and it will be interesting to watch it pan out. Running the club within a sensible budget is for me exactly the right thing to do.
      I await Saturday's game with expectations and I hope I leave Deepdale at 5pm buzzing!

UTW
      Be good to the World and may it do you the World of good!!

Comment

Saturdays starting line up is likely to so different from last week.

totally agree Paddy.
        "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

lets give them some time to click though eh...

Comment

Good stuff paddy
            I just hope that if things donít go well on Saturday people resist the temptation to start pressing the panic button!

Comment

Originally posted by California_PNE View Post
              Exactly right

Comment

Of course. It was more a point to the Neil out brigade that now he has his players, and once they are up to speed, is when (if ever) we should be judging him.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Weston View Post

Exactly right

Originally posted by paddysr View Post

Of course. It was more a point to the Neil out brigade that now he has his players, and once they are up to speed, is when (if ever) we should be judging him.
                  we're all on the same page. i hope we can keep pearson and robinson, the new signings come in and compete well also - i'd be very excited with this squad (fit!) starting next season!

Comment

Yeah I can go with judging him from here on in ! Injuries included if they dont stop. TBF bringing in young talent and bringing them through had started before Neil got here.

Cali you can do one , total abuse from the word go ! Some people go on just to release the pent up anger and throw abuse no matter what.

Oh if had a button which can bring down a giant claw to pick people up and lob them out the ground ohhhhhh yessssss
                    Great minds discuss ideas.

Comment

we're all on the same page. i hope we can keep pearson and robinson, the new signings come in and compete well also - i'd be very excited with this squad (fit!) starting next season!
                      Absobloodylutely!!

Comment

Originally posted by mapping View Post
                        Yeah I can go with judging him from here on in ! Injuries included if they dont stop. TBF bringing in young talent and bringing them through had started before Neil got here.

Cali you can do one , total abuse from the word go ! Some people go on just to release the pent up anger and throw abuse no matter what.

Oh if had a button which can bring down a giant claw to pick people up and lob them out the ground ohhhhhh yessssss
                        haha back on the glue mapping?

for the record i was totally deflated we got alex neil, i think i said something like "we've go norwich's shit!"
                        now, im a big admirer hes a top manager for me

i hope the new lads we've got in are hard workers, if they are i am sure alex will get the BEST out of them!
                        Last edited by California_PNE; 10-01-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

If, and it is a BIG if - We manage to keep hold of all of Robinson, Browne and Pearson. The squad looks very strong for next season once the injured players return in to the fold.

I just hope Trevor resists any temptation to sell key assets before we give it at least one more season.

Comment

Yes, unless we lose heavily, which we won't, we need to give the players time to get to know each other. And that includes the Manager (Yes from me)
                            3 Butter Pies and a coke please : D

Comment

haha back on the glue mapping?

for the record i was totally deflated we got alex neil, i think i said something like "we've go norwich's shit!"
                              now, im a big admirer hes a top manager for me

i hope the new lads we've got in are hard workers, if they are i am sure alex will get the BEST out of them!
                              Yeah its either the glue or the fact I have run out of biscuits, you know the selection type tins you get a Christmas.

So a bedding in period and time for the new players to adjust then see how we finish the season , lets see if Ben can get to the end without getting sent off again.

If he gets sent off again I am gonna recommend to him he changes his biscuit choice, try something milder like a rich tea !

Great minds discuss ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X