• Show
Clear All

• Match Day Thread - PNE v Swansea - 12/01/19 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Preston North End v Swansea City

Saturday 12th January 2019.

Kick off: 3PM

Championship

Match Preview BBC SPORT

Preston could give debuts to new signings Jayden Stockley, Brad Potts, Josh Ginnelly and Connor Ripley as they aim for a first win in six matches.

Ben Pearson is available following a four-match ban after being sent off at Sheffield Wednesday last month.

A sickness bug that hit Swansea before their FA Cup win at Aston Villa has cleared, giving Graham Potter options.

Oli McBurnie, Wilfried Bony, Jefferson Montero, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Declan John and Joel Asoro are all fit. Match facts
    • Preston have won their last two home league games against Swansea, although this is their first meeting at Deepdale since April 2011.
    • Swansea have won eight of their last 10 matches against Preston in all competitions (L2).
    • Only Villa Park (54) has seen more goals in Championship matches this season than Deepdale (49 - 28 goals, 21 conceded) with Preston both scoring and conceding in each of their last seven home league matches.
    • Swansea City have only lost one of their last 22 league games outside the top-flight in January (W13 D8), a 1-2 defeat to Leicester City back in 2011.
    • No player has scored more substitute goals in the Championship this season than Preston duo Louis Moult and Paul Gallagher (three each).
    • Preston boss Alex Neil will be facing Swansea City for the fourth time as a manager, beating Garry Monk's Swans back in November 2015, before losing each of his last two such meetings.
    Please support PNE-Online by becoming a FORUM PATRON

Blustery wet conditions could test the GK's handling skills and it could give a good idea at what level RIpley is at. Possibly not ideal conditions for Stockley to make his debut, with the ball potentially moving a bit erratically in the air.
    What we get out of the game is likely to hinge on Ben Pearsons performance.
    Will he be rusty and a bit tentative or will he be on the ball from the off with a measured, physically intimating , controlled display?

Comment

Are we allowed to call them Taffys or is that racist?

Comment

Originally posted by europne View Post
        Are we allowed to call them Taffys or is that racist?
        I'm sure there's a Jack Taffy out there somewhere.

Or even worse...

Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER.

Comment

I'm looking forward to 2p.m. and hearing the line up.
          Lots of options and with new faces/players needing a rest it will be interesting to see how AN plays it.
          Have to admit I'm a little bit excited .......

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolknWhat View Post
            I'm looking forward to 2p.m. and hearing the line up.
            Lots of options and with new faces/players needing a rest it will be interesting to see how AN plays it.
            Go have a lie down for half an hour, Suffolk.
            Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
              Go have a lie down for half an hour, Suffolk.
              Would do but long drive ahead.
              ​​​​​​On the road shortly

Comment

Originally posted by PNEroulette View Post
                Blustery wet conditions. Possibly not ideal conditions. The ball potentially moving a bit erratically in the air. Will he be rusty and a bit tentative.
                Get your excuses for a defeat in early

(Are you mates with Ando ?)
                Last edited by Sid Snot; 12-01-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Snot View Post

I'm sure there's a Jack Taffy out there somewhere.

Or even worse...

Hello Toronto !

Comment

Originally posted by pnematic View Post

Hello Toronto !
                    Morning Matic. Blustery today? Wearing your flairs with bicycle clips?

Comment

Morning Matic. Blustery today? Wearing your flairs with bicycle clips?
                      Blustery indeed - thereís a draught in places where I didnít know I had places.

Comment

Originally posted by pnematic View Post

Blustery indeed - thereís a draught in places where I didnít know I had places.
                        Think Mexico; it's warm there.

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolknWhat View Post
                          Me too...... but I guess we need to be patient - we have got a lot of new players and they might not all gel straight away

Comment

Just had a look at the video on the official twitter site of the team arriving and one of them I think is Ginelly. But as I said elsewhere I expect Potts to start, Stockley and Ripley possibly and Ginelly probably not right away given the availability of Barkhuizen and Barker - though with AN you can never be certain. Maguire will have to be used sparingly for a few matches. Right let's see where we are. As we went into the Christmas/New Year period there was reason to think we might be about to embark on a really exciting period in which we might close in on the play-off places and progress in the Cup. Those hopes have been effectively shattered by a miserable set of league results and the utter disgrace of what happened last Sunday which was one of the half-dozen or so most 'unacceptable' performances not merely of AN's tenure but as far as I am concerned for as long as I have supported this team. But every match is a fresh start and there are several things that need to start today - most immediately getting the points we need to ensure we stay well clear of the relegation struggle and longer term building the team that might get us chasing the play-off/promotion spots next season. Of course if we could win just about every game between now and the end of the season... Well you have to hope. But what really must resume today is the team playing in a manner that makes you proud to support them.

Comment

Think Mexico; it's warm there.

Looks a bit big for you Sid.

Comment

Working...
                              X