Match Day Thread - PNE v Swansea - 12/01/19 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PNEroulette View Post
    Rudd rating (6) excellent save first half,missed an easy cross second half with the rain coming down but got away with it
    Hughes rating (6) a lot of attacks seemed to come down his side first half, didn't look tall enough to play centre half but kept focused
    Hunts (7) well focused composed first half display
    Storey (7) won plenty in the air but at times seems to lose focus when on the ball.
    Clarke (5) looked exposed at times ,didn't have the best of games
    Pearson (7) some nice tackles first half but got a bang to the head just before half time and struggled second half.
    DJ (5) well took penalty, other than that was pretty poor
    Potts (6) showed some nice touches but needs to be more physical
    Browne (5) trotted about doing little, his best spell was the few mins he played LB
    Stockley (8) didn't win much in the air first half but did in the second .Showed some nice touches with his chest and feet. He had some poor service and doesn't look the quickest but he really made his physical presence felt,
    Barks (6) plenty of pressing but didn't do very well offensively

Subs Earl (4) looked lost.
    Maguire (6) bit more involved than last week and looked lively at times
    Fisher (6) did Ok when coming on ,made some positive forward runs

MOM Stockley - ran himself to a standstill ,played with real commitment.

Not the best of games, at times Swansea got through us far too easily second half, the North end midfield was pretty weak. Saw it very much as a point gained rather than 2 lost.
    I think you’ve got Clarke’ and Huntington’s ratings the wrong way around.

Clarke was solid throughout for me whilst I thought Hunts was very poor.

Comment

• Watching on the replay, Earl can feel very hard done by for that second yellow for me- wasn't even a foul.

Clarke not good for their goal though- really hope we get a right back sorted.
      I love you Woodsy.

Comment

• Just watched highlights. 2nd challenge isn't a foul. Still don't know how we got that pen either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Preston Lad View Post

I think you’ve got Clarke’ and Huntington’s ratings the wrong way around.

Clarke was solid throughout for me whilst I thought Hunts was very poor.
          Pearson was well below par today. Couldn’t pass to a teammate first half but improved as the game went on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sports Trader View Post

Pearson was well below par today. Couldn’t pass to a teammate first half but improved as the game went on.
            Aye with the exception of the ball Clarke got on the end of he wasn't at the races today

Comment

• Originally posted by cpnend View Post

Seems a hell of an over reaction then. A lot of opponents seem to think we are guilty of shithousing, so a special mention to the Swans who must have been the snidiest team to come here in a a long while.. Delusions of adequacy.
              Ridiculous reaction by Fer, and he was their captain. He didnt even have the ball when the ref blew for half time. Unlike the full time whistle which he blew while the ball was bouncing in the Swansea box. Typical snide ex prem team.

Comment

• Originally posted by HunterLionheart View Post
                Watching on the replay, Earl can feel very hard done by for that second yellow for me- wasn't even a foul.

Clarke not good for their goal though- really hope we get a right back sorted.
                The movement for their goal was excellent. Better right backs than TC would have egg on their faces after being turned inside out twice. More of it being a very well worked goal than a defensive deficiency. Disappointing of course .
                Last edited by Sid Snot; 12-01-2019, 11:23 PM.
                Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Snot View Post

I'll get you some of these and you won't give a damn (about anything) ...

I have now been on to Ridsdale and when you purchase a season ticket next season it will come with a free years supply of this marvellous product!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
                    Stockley was very impressive.

Potts showed glimpses of his quality.

Storey very good as usual.

DJ was awful.

Barkhuizen's decision making is slowly becoming a joke.
                    +1 to all of this except DJ wasn't that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmboy View Post
                      Very impressed with Stockley, didn’t look out of place at all, makes Hugill look like a donkey, happy with a point as Swansea were pretty impressive going forward.
                      He will need to get used to chasing his own flick on's unless he gets one support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walton View Post

I have now been on to Ridsdale and when you purchase a season ticket next season it will come with a free years supply of this marvellous product!
                        Excellent work, Walton. I'd be happy to introduce Ridders to my supplier in Tijuana.
                        Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER.

Comment

• Was their keeper any good?

Shame Pat Scully wasn’t playing for us.

Comment

• I’ve come away from Deepdale on numerous occasions wondering how we’ve only managed to get a draw, but yesterday I walked off feeling grateful that we’d hung on for a draw. Swansea are a good football team who gave us a football lesson at times. They should be around the playoffs come the end of the season. They seem to be lacking a bit of consistency.

I was impressed with the new boys. I Thought Stockley gave us something we’ve been missing all season. Potts also looked good. You could tell they were both new to the team, but that’s not a criticism in any way. I’m convinced they will both adjust to playing in the Championship.

i thought Storey was magnificent throughout. This lad is so good and before JD mentions he called it first, I did make a comment on this lad when Exeter lost in the playoffs. He was the only defender that turned up that day, but he’s certainly improved a lot since then.

The pleasing part about yesterday’s result is that we did it with only one ‘real’ tactical substitution, having had to use the other 2 to cover injuries, and especially after going down to 10 men.
                            Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

Comment

• Originally posted by justinr73 View Post
                              Was their keeper any good?

Shame Pat Scully wasn’t playing for us.
                              You have to be a certain age to get that Justin

Comment

• Better highlights on club site:

https://www.pnefc.net/ifollow/

Note that Stockley not only plays the cross that led to the penalty but also sets the move in motion with a lovely little flick deep in our half. I know that after the match AN said that he thought the sending off of Earl was harsh but the way he ignores him as he walks past him afterwards looks a bit ungracious - presumably he was naffed off at the time and only changed his mind later. For the record I cannot see that either of the bookings was justified - the first incident was at most an accidental heel-tap and the second a perfectly good challenge. Got to say this - but if our opponents had paid £5m for Stockley and he had played like that for them we would all be saying 'Look what £5m gets you'. If he carries on in the same way we really have got ourselves an amazing bargain. Maybe on Saturdauy he will get the one thing he did not get yesterday - clear goal scoring opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X