Lineup vs Swansea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lineup vs Swansea

Lineup vs Swansea is a tough on tbh. Got 4 new signings and Pearo, Earl and others back. Here’s what I tthhiinnkk is the best one....

Right. Left

Ripley
    Clarke-Hunts-Storey-Hughes
    Pearo
    Barky—Potts—Browne—Ginnelly
    Stockley

Changes from Rotherham:Rudd➡️Ripley, Ledson➡️Pearo, Gally➡️Potts(tough decision, I’ll have to see what Potts is like!) DJ➡️Browne, Burke➡️Ginnelly (I’d guess he’s better than Burke!) Nmecha➡️Stockley (we’ll have to see if he gets used to the step up!)

Let me know any changes you would make.

Originally posted by sf
    I'm hoping
    New Goalkeeper
    Clarke/ New RB - Huntington - Storey - Hughes
    Pearson, Gallagher
    Potts - Browne - Barkhuizen
    Stockley

Rudd, Fisher, Woods/Earl, Johnson, Barker/Ginnelly, Nmecha, Maguire

Suddenly looks much more healthy.
    Pretty much agree except I would not drop DJ for an unknown. Potts may turn out to be some player but for me his place is on the bench at the moment.

Comment

It is said we broke our transfer record to sign Potts, I would have thought that Trev would have thought that in such circumstances he would expect that said player was better than what we have got and should be on the pitch earning his corn?

Comment

Originally posted by Walton View Post
        It is said we broke our transfer record to sign Potts, I would have thought that Trev would have thought that in such circumstances he would expect that said player was better than what we have got and should be on the pitch earning his corn?
        We couldnít afford to buy another Gally, even if we could find one. First name on the team sheet for me.

Comment

I tyhink we could all name the back four (if Clarke is fit)... after that its 'who knows' with Pearo probably the only certain starter in front or behind those 4......
          All of which means 2pm will be interesting reading when they are announced,

my guess ?

Ripley

the back 4

Pearo; DJ & Browne

Ginnley; Stockley and Potts....

Comment

Originally posted by europne View Post

We couldnít afford to buy another Gally, even if we could find one. First name on the team sheet for me.

Iím a fan of Gally as much as anyone else, his contribution this season has been above and behond , but, without the other things in his life at the moment, he has played much more football recently than even he would have expected and at 34 (you cant stop the ageing cycle) he probably needs a rest, even more so than Johnson and as much as Barkhuizen.

All three have been quality over the last month and will continue to be so as long as they are at the club, on this basis and in the given circumstances I would stick by my inclination that Potts would play in place of one of these guys, but I suppose Neil will know who is best suited on the day. At least he will have option for once.

Comment

reflecting on this = with an international break coming up soon = I think we will take the opportunity of getting TC an operation on his nose so he can come back fully fit in Feb and be ready for the rest of the season.

2 games with Fisher at RB and then its all systems go once TC and BD are back fit !

Comment

Originally posted by Walton View Post
                The ownerís opinions regarding team selection are not taken into account whatsoever and rightly so.
                I'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by sports rehab View Post
                  reflecting on this = with an international break coming up soon = I think we will take the opportunity of getting TC an operation on his nose so he can come back fully fit in Feb and be ready for the rest of the season.

2 games with Fisher at RB and then its all systems go once TC and BD are back fit !

Maybe we will but one thing that Clarke provides that canít be replaced is leadership. The two centre halves often look disorganised when Clarke isnít one of them (for all Huntingtonís experience he doesnít strike me as an organiser or a leader), so for me I want Clarke to play - but at centre half. I donít buy into the he canít play full back stuff but heís so much more influential at centre half.

And I know Fisher has been an accident in waiting all season but if Dyer and Routledge play he might be a better option for his mobility.

Comment

Working...
                  X