Member cards v Paper Tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member cards v Paper Tickets

I've been noticing the queue at the Ticket Office is still always queuing out the door for people buying the paper tickets. I would hate to queue, especially at 2:55pm, so I always wonder if people don't know they can order the ticket online and load it onto a member card? If you do it that way you can literally just walk up, scan your card at the turnstile and you're in. I know PNE mentioned that there was going to be a charge for the member cards but, speaking to someone in the ticket office, the member cards are still free.

Out of interest, I've added a poll. How do you get your tickets for home games?
    Season card
    64.63%
    Member card
    31.71%
    Buy paper tickets on the day
    3.66%

Originally posted by zwebbhead View Post
    I've been noticing the queue at the Ticket Office is still always queuing out the door for people buying the paper tickets. I would hate to queue, especially at 2:55pm, so I always wonder if people don't know they can order the ticket online and load it onto a member card? If you do it that way you can literally just walk up, scan your card at the turnstile and you're in. I know PNE mentioned that there was going to be a charge for the member cards but, speaking to someone in the ticket office, the member cards are still free.

Out of interest, I've added a poll. How do you get your tickets for home games?
    What about online thru the post and then scan it in when I get there? which option is that?

Comment

The member card is so easy to use online, but my son and I have collected the 'paper tickets' for years now, for the first time this season he has nothing to add to his collection apart from the away games...

Comment

I use the new member cards, without which I would not have gone on at least 3 of the games this season as it means long queues or 2 trips for me.

Comment

I like the card thing as it saves on paper, but with the member card you have nothing to prove you have nothing to prove that you have paid for a specific seat. Was advised by a steward at last match just to move if challenged- the dontell you the seat if you ring up to load the ticket onto the card and you can write it down, but this is still not “proof” and even less so if you forget to write the seat and row number. A minor grumble but could be tricky at bust games.

Comment

Originally posted by Madferret View Post
            I like the card thing as it saves on paper, but with the member card you have nothing to prove you have nothing to prove that you have paid for a specific seat. Was advised by a steward at last match just to move if challenged- the dontell you the seat if you ring up to load the ticket onto the card and you can write it down, but this is still not “proof” and even less so if you forget to write the seat and row number. A minor grumble but could be tricky at bust games.
            Do you not get an email informing you of your seat number?

Comment

Originally posted by rem View Post

Yes, you do. I always print mine out just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by rem View Post

Surely a text would be a better option. Most people these days take their phone with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post

Surely a text would be a better option. Most people these days take their phone with them.
                  And most people get emails on their phones

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post

I don't have a phone. I do like an actual ticket but loading to a card is easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Weller View Post

I don't have a phone. I do like an actual ticket but loading to a card is easier.
                      You might think you do fine without a smartphone, but if you get one you won’t look back.

Comment

“Was advised to move if challenged”

That’s good info for people who fancy someone else’s seat.

Comment

All your orders including seat numbers are summarised on the mypne website when you log in. Bookmark the website on your smartphone. Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Weller View Post

Man after my own heart ! I have a phone but under protest. Hold out as long as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by NORTHENDRTOPS View Post

Man after my own heart ! I have a phone but under protest. Hold out as long as you can.
                              Dinosaur!

Comment

Working...
                              X