Jordan Storey MOM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sf View Post

Class against Villa, man of the match contender away at Bristol City and Forest.

Think you're doing DJ a big discredit, he covers massive distances during a game.
    He always seems to perform much much better away from home than he does at Deepdale. Is this a coincidence or?.

Comment

Stockley 100% for me. Won more headers in the first half than Nmecha in 6 months. A really promising first game.

Thought Storey and Rudd also had good games.

Johnson was pretty awful. Just didn't seem fussed. Browne and Pearson very quiet for our 2 most consistent performers.

Comment

Originally posted by slickophant View Post
        Stockley 100% for me. Won more headers in the first half than Nmecha in 6 months. A really promising first game.

Thought Storey and Rudd also had good games.

Johnson was pretty awful. Just didn't seem fussed. Browne and Pearson very quiet for our 2 most consistent performers.

Seriously? I thought Pearson broke up 90% of their attacks. Was MOM for me.
        "It's like the War of.... Game of.....War of nutrition" - Simon Grayson

Comment

Originally posted by iamaternenthat_ View Post
          I had it between Storey & Potts.
          Same, plus Stockley. All three were excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Waddie View Post

Best diving chest pass ever, cant remember who too, but one of ours!
            Haha yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Cartwright View Post
              Genuinely believe Storey could be our biggest asset. He has played 20 or so professional games... he was noticed after only a handful of games at Exeter and he stands out for us already two levels higher. Not seen a weakness in his game yet and he never looks flustered either on the ball or defending. Fantastic player and destined for the top.
              Agree.

Comment

Great to hear Stockley and Potts having positive debuts. Storey continues to get plaudits, what a great find!

Comment

Stockley was MOTM by a distance I thought. Passes it better with his chest than half of our team do with their feet.

Hunts beaten in the air every single time first half by a bloke half a foot shorter than him, hope his groin strain keeps him out for a few weeks and we wonít see him again.

Pearson was anonymous first half but had a decent second, Browne invisible all game. I love DJ but he was shocking today as he was last week, need him or Gallagher to play well or there is a serious lack of creativity in our side.

Maguire did well when he came on but last season he takes that chance, was surprised he didnít cut back inside the defender like his goal against Bristol City last season.

Baffling decision to bring Earl on and not Fisher at HT, Hughes was having a shocker and so he decided to move him to an unfamiliar position! We got torn apart time and again down that side all game but the goal was down the other side where Clarke had a mare.

Very lucky to to get a point against a very decent side, theyíre the best attacking side Iíve seen at Deepdale this season.

Comment

Dyer and Routledge both excellent wingers at this level tbf.
                    I love you Woodsy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Cartwright View Post
                      Genuinely believe Storey could be our biggest asset. He has played 20 or so professional games... he was noticed after only a handful of games at Exeter and he stands out for us already two levels higher. Not seen a weakness in his game yet and he never looks flustered either on the ball or defending. Fantastic player and destined for the top.
                      Sounds very similar to his time at Exeter where pretty much as soon as he came into the team he looked absolute class and made himself pretty much undroppable despite his lack of experience. I thought he would have benefited from another season of regular games in league 2 but obviously I've been proved wrong. Fair play to Preston for taking a gamble on an unknown player and getting him for a cheap price but I just hope we've got a decent sell-on clause.

Comment

Originally posted by BenPearsonIsGod View Post
                        Stockley was MOTM by a distance I thought. Passes it better with his chest than half of our team do with their feet..
                        Love it. Great to hear he had a promising debut and didn't look out of his depth.

Comment

Originally posted by BenPearsonIsGod View Post
                          Stockley was MOTM by a distance I thought. Passes it better with his chest than half of our team do with their feet.

Hunts beaten in the air every single time first half by a bloke half a foot shorter than him, hope his groin strain keeps him out for a few weeks and we wonít see him again.

Pearson was anonymous first half but had a decent second, Browne invisible all game. I love DJ but he was shocking today as he was last week, need him or Gallagher to play well or there is a serious lack of creativity in our side.

Maguire did well when he came on but last season he takes that chance, was surprised he didnít cut back inside the defender like his goal against Bristol City last season.

Baffling decision to bring Earl on and not Fisher at HT, Hughes was having a shocker and so he decided to move him to an unfamiliar position! We got torn apart time and again down that side all game but the goal was down the other side where Clarke had a mare.

Very lucky to to get a point against a very decent side, theyíre the best attacking side Iíve seen at Deepdale this season.
                          I wouldnít call them the best attacking side this season when they barely created a chance other than the goal and one deflected shot in the first half. Lots of neat passing and movement but little actual goal threat

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot View Post

I wouldnít call them the best attacking side this season when they barely created a chance other than the goal and one deflected shot in the first half. Lots of neat passing and movement but little actual goal threat
                            Aye, I think Rudd only had the one save to make, that deflected effort was a good stop.

Swansea's keeper was busier despite us being largely shite. A 100% Maguire bags that chance imo, he snatched at it a bit.

That said, decent side to watch Swansea, bet they're entertaining when they're on it.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterLionheart View Post
                              Dyer and Routledge both excellent wingers at this level tbf.
                              Spot on, and this was the main reason Potts and Barky couldnt get forward as often as they would like. Our slow full backs needed cover.

Comment

Originally posted by sf View Post

A 100% Maguire bags that chance imo, he snatched at it a bit.
                                Hopefully he will get back to being that after another game or two. We have lacked real clinical finishing ability with both Maguire and Robinson out.

Comment

Working...
                                X