Refereeing Inconsistency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refereeing Inconsistency

We seem to have been on the end of some terrible refereeing decisions this year. Neither challenge from Earl today was a foul let alone a yellow.

I try and watch as much Championship football as I can these days and the amount of errors is ridiculous. There has been a tackle in the Plastics game tonight from Reed that started off single footed but ended up 2 footed from behind and he hasn't seen even a yellow.

The FA seriously need to do something about the standard of refereeing in this division as you could argue the implications (financially) have a bigger impact than they do in the Premier.

Do we have any idea how far away VAR is likely to be from our level?

First one was a push in the back after getting wrong side of the player, second one he dives in and gives the referee a decision to make.

I've no complaints to be honest.

Comment

The first one was very harsh but having been booked already to dive in right in front of the linesman beggars belief.

Comment

There's no way the first was a yellow, when you consider Fer's foul on Potts in the first half, to prevent him having a shot - and the deliberate handball to prevent our breakaway at the end of the first half (Stockley on half way trying to play the ball through for Potts to run onto) weren't carded.

Comment

What was the foul count? Anyone know?
          Oh let me get my hands on those .....

Comment

Originally posted by mozzchops View Post
            What was the foul count? Anyone know?
            According to BBC16 fouls each side

Comment

Originally posted by sf View Post
              First one was a push in the back after getting wrong side of the player, second one he dives in and gives the referee a decision to make.

I've no complaints to be honest.
              Giving the referee a decision to make doesn't justify a terrible decision. Earl's second booking wasn't even a foul. Going off that logic, every tackle that happens in a football game is giving the referee a decision to make.
              I'm back.

Comment

I Didn't think the first one was a yellow. Swansea Player waved a card and Earl got booked (Personally think anyone who does that should themselves get a yellow). From where I was sat (Finney more or less in line) second one looked like he went in a little studs up but not dangerously. Yellow maybe for that!I
                Unlucky to be sent off IMO.
                Swansea haven't changed much from last time they where in the Championship, they have diving and conning the ref off to a fine art.

Comment

Originally posted by kingpne View Post

Giving the referee a decision to make doesn't justify a terrible decision. Earl's second booking wasn't even a foul. Going off that logic, every tackle that happens in a football game is giving the referee a decision to make.
                  Just seen the tackle and itís a definite yellow card.

It looks a pretty reckless challenge imo.

Dont know how their lad didnít get booked late on for the foul on Pearson as he was breaking away.

As blatant a yellow card as youíll see.

Comment

Nonsense- he wins the ball cleanly.
                    I love you Woodsy.

Comment

Originally posted by kingpne View Post

Haven't seen a replay but looked like he lunged in and took the man.

Comment

Originally posted by sf View Post

Haven't seen a replay but looked like he lunged in and took the man.
                        How I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldrew's Ghost View Post
                          There's no way the first was a yellow, when you consider Fer's foul on Potts in the first half, to prevent him having a shot - and the deliberate handball to prevent our breakaway at the end of the first half (Stockley on half way trying to play the ball through for Potts to run onto) weren't carded.
                          Yeah the hand ball not being carded was a joke of a decision, clearly attempting to block the ball

Comment

As long as it pains me to agree with sf I do on this occasion

Comment

It might upset some posters on this forum to hear this, but I'm afraid to tell you that some Preston North End players, sometimes, just occasionally, do commit fouls.
                              Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Working...
                              X