Stockley and Potts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stockley and Potts.

The former was very good, the latter left me asking why we paid twice as much.
    Early days but Stockley has adapted quicker.
    Potts isn't a winger (outside of a central 3) for me.
    Runs funny and not quick, more a CM but Browne has that spot.

Think Potts will be one of the those effective players who sets up and scores goals without putting in stand out performances. That's my first impression anyway.

Either way, seen plenty worse debuts, played a lovely pass in the second half on the counter which showed his ability.

I'm quite optimistic about Stock-Pott

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolknWhat View Post
      In fairness to Potts, Stockley has the easier adaption to make. He has to hold the ball up and link play and get his head on it in the box.

The demand AN puts on his wide players is always going to take time. Potts will adjust quicker than say Bodin did or Ginelley will as Barnsley played a pressing game but it will still take time.

He isn't a traditional winger and you are right in your assessment of where he is natural but he offers something different from the wider position.

Comment

So did Nugent FFS one game FFS

Comment

Originally posted by TSR2 View Post
          So did Nugent FFS one game FFS

You not think his running style is odd to say the least?
          Michael Johnson's was odd but he was the fastest man on earth over 200&400.
          Potts ain't quick and not a wide player

Comment

Saw enough today of Potts to appreciate what he will bring to the team. He will be a Greganesque performer!
            Last edited by Waddie; 12-01-2019, 09:40 PM.
            Bald and proud

Comment

You not think his running style is odd to say the least?
              Michael Johnson's was odd but he was the fastest man on earth over 200&400.
              Potts ain't quick and not a wide player
              I will leave it to the people who thought he was worth paying what they did ,and being tight bastards I will go along with them.and hope they don't get their fingers burnt.

Comment

I'm more than happy to give him a chance.
                Must be a burden being (allegedly) out most expensive ever signing but put him where he plays best and that's not wide imo

Comment

Originally posted by sf View Post
                  Think Potts will be one of the those effective players who sets up and scores goals without putting in stand out performances. That's my first impression anyway.

Either way, seen plenty worse debuts, played a lovely pass in the second half on the counter which showed his ability.

I'm quite optimistic about Stock-Pott
                  Letís hope for a tasty combination

https://www.debenhams.com/home/kitch...tock-stew-pots

Comment

Very concerned why we need so many midfielders on the field who play a similar roll unless Browne is going presumably for Potts to slot in.& Gallagher needs to play most of some very big matches coming up & we need a more attacking threat wide with a fully fit Maguire scoring again with no more silly suspension & a fully fit defence which is looking doubtful.
                    We now have a fight on our hands to stay up.
                    TH can only be blamed for a small part of the mess the rest AN & his back room staff must take responsibility.
                    Last edited by bowlandwhites; 12-01-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Thought Potts made a very impressive debut, cannot understand anybody having a bit of a go at a debut like that while ignoring DJs complete lack of performance !!!

Comment

Originally posted by diggerb View Post
                        Thought Potts made a very impressive debut, cannot understand anybody having a bit of a go at a debut like that while ignoring DJs complete lack of performance !!!
                        DJ was in can't be arsed mode...............again.

Comment

Thought Stockley was class. Their manager was full of praise for him after the game as well. Potts looked alright - decent in tight spaces, got some pace and has a decent shot on him.
                          I'm back.

Comment

Not DJ's finest performance but at least he was trying. Pearson arguably worse and Browne was anonymous for large periods.

Comment

Maybe Browne knows something we don't

Comment

Working...
                              X