No announcement yet.

Stockley and Potts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Potts had an okay debut. He made a brilliant pass in the 2nd half.

Stockley was very impressive for me. An excellent debut and probably by man of the match.

Thought that was one of the poorest performances we've seen from Pearson, yet he still wasn't the worst player today for us.

Comment

Originally posted by norky84 View Post
      I thought Potts had an okay debut. He made a brilliant pass in the 2nd half.

Stockley was very impressive for me. An excellent debut and probably by man of the match.

Thought that was one of the poorest performances we've seen from Pearson, yet he still wasn't the worst player today for us.
      Stockley was brilliant for me he was tracking back very well as well when he didn't need to if we were short in numbers.

Was running across his man early on, something Nmecha has simply never done.

Comment

Played like we are a team in transition today and it will get better. I'm optimistic because when we are in transition it is usually AFTER a relegation and a new team is built to bring us back into the Championship.
        We have not been relegated. We will not be relegated. We will get to 50 points and possibly more.
        Building a strong squad now, even if we lose a couple before next season, will put us in a very good position for the next season. I enjoy watching these changes and developments in the team.
        POTTS had a quiet but encouraging debut. He was not overawed or out of place and will get better.
        STOCKLEY excellent today. I see a great partnership between him and Maguire.

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolknWhat View Post
          The former was very good, the latter left me asking why we paid twice as much.
          Early days but Stockley has adapted quicker.
          Potts isn't a winger (outside of a central 3) for me.
          Runs funny and not quick, more a CM but Browne has that spot.
          asked myself what was the point in signing either of them, stockley offered nothing and potts is no better than a number of central midfielders already at the club. Alex neil is clutching at straws, you can keep signing players and forcing them into your broken system but until you change the system itself its all pointless. too many square pegs in round holes. Now don't get me wrong maybe Stockley can play but he looked every bit the league 2 journeyman today and way out of his depth because he was isolated, potts looked shit because he isn't a winger

Comment

Originally posted by flipper View Post

asked myself what was the point in signing either of them, stockley offered nothing and potts is no better than a number of central midfielders already at the club. Alex neil is clutching at straws, you can keep signing players and forcing them into your broken system but until you change the system itself its all pointless. too many square pegs in round holes. Now don't get me wrong maybe Stockley can play but he looked every bit the league 2 journeyman today and way out of his depth because he was isolated, potts looked shit because he isn't a winger
            You're actually deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolknWhat View Post
              Maybe Browne knows something we don't
              He knows he’s not fully fit following his recent injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post

He knows he’s not fully fit following his recent injury.
                I was thinking more about the exit door

Comment

Absolutely don't get that view at all, Swansea are good side, rarely wasted a pass, we gave them a game and the two debutants gave good displays

Comment

Whilst I think some of the posters have gone a little over board with their praise of Stockley, the above comments are way off the mark IMO.
                    Both had good sound games for debuts and will hopefully settle in and prove to be really good additions to the squad.

Comment

Staggering.

Comment

Originally posted by deepdaledreamer View Post

Whilst I think some of the posters have gone a little over board with their praise of Stockley, the above comments are way off the mark IMO.
                        Both had good sound games for debuts and will hopefully settle in and prove to be really good additions to the squad.
                        I'd agree with that. Stockley, as you say, was sound enough and gives us something different but our crosses will have to improve greatly if he's to be a regular scorer. Our wide players need to be less narrow and cross from the byeline more. Potts looked more comfortable when he moved to the centre. He looks to be more of a no.10 than a holding player and perhaps Browne could then play the deeper of the 2 holding players, allowing Pearson to get forward more.

Comment

Originally posted by Schemer View Post
                          perhaps Browne could then play the deeper of the 2 holding players, allowing Pearson to get forward more.
                          Not sure what the point in moving our joint top scorer and best presser into the deepest midfield role would be tbh.

It would negate his goal threat, negate the effect of his pressing on the opposition’s back line, and would also hinder our ability to play through the thirds, because he is not as good on the ball as the likes of Pearson, Gallagher and Johnson who are positioned deep to get on the ball and progress the play.

Leave him where he is IMO.

Comment

Pure guesswork here not itk but is Potts gonna be Brownes replacement in the 10 role.
                            he looked more comfortable there.
                            Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by sf View Post
                              Think Potts will be one of the those effective players who sets up and scores goals without putting in stand out performances. That's my first impression anyway.

Either way, seen plenty worse debuts, played a lovely pass in the second half on the counter which showed his ability.

I'm quite optimistic about Stock-Pott
                              Potts will be the new Sedge. That is a compliment btw, not an insult.
                              RIP Kurt
                              Best mates for 14 years
                              09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

Originally posted by Preston1880 View Post

Staggering.
                                It's John T, I mean it's Spender, doh!, I meant it's Flipper.
                                RIP Kurt
                                Best mates for 14 years
                                09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

Working...
                                X