Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Hopper Visit

Hi,

i will Iíll be making a journey up the M6 for your home game against Forest on 16th Feb.

i was just after some advice and pointers about parking near the ground, local good pubs, food at the ground etc.

i will travelling up the M6 and looks like junction 31a is the best way to get to the ground, is there any off street parking etc in that area.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Love Louis Moult, saw him play a few times in his non league days.

Plenty of street parking on the Moor Park side of the ground.

No pubs near the ground bar a couple of Labour Clubs, the City Centre is maybe a 15 walk away but there are plenty of places there to eat and drink.

Depends on what you like to eat and drink.

Check these 2 threads out for some real info. Better to read the last 10 - 15 pages to be up to date with the pubs.

Pubs

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/for...ub-for-preston

Food.

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/for...nts-in-preston

Enjoy!
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
      Hi,

i will Iíll be making a journey up the M6 for your home game against Forest on 16th Feb.

i was just after some advice and pointers about parking near the ground, local good pubs, food at the ground etc.

i will travelling up the M6 and looks like junction 31a is the best way to get to the ground, is there any off street parking etc in that area.

I would have thought Junction 31 was your best bet. Left off the motorway, straight up New Hall Lane to the roundabout where the Cemetry pub is, turn right onto Blackpool Road, straight on until you pass the retail park, and then look to park on the side streets around there.
      Last edited by Aitch; 13-01-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

If you are driving to the game best stay out of the pub, have a coffee or summat in Sainsburyís!

Comment

Originally posted by Walton View Post
          If you are driving to the game best stay out of the pub, have a coffee or summat in Sainsburyís!
          Only 2 hours parking on match days though
          'Say goodbye to the pain of the past. Say hello to the championship. It's his day it's Preston's day'

Comment

Stick PR1 6XH in your sat nav. Aim to park round there. 2 mins Ute walk to the Labour club and the same to the ground

Comment

Thanks for the advice and tips always stick to no alcohol as I'm driving, but always bring a friend along who likes to have a pint before the game. Ground looks impressive have got tickets behind the goal in the Alan Kelly stand, really looking forward to the game. What should I expect? Are you looking over your shoulders at the bottom of the table nervously, or do you think that you have enough in the squad to keep out the dog-fight? The Championship is without doubt the most competitive League we have, literally anybody could beat anybody and the start of every season you could pick any winner form up to a dozen teams.

Comment

I wonder why the club sold tickets in the home end to someone, a newbie, who's not been on before? Unless...

Comment

As you leave the M6 at 31 there is a pub/hotel [ the tickled trout] where you can rest and have refreshments before driving to the ground and parking on street as others have described.
                  All seats offer a good view but the best atmosphere is where you have yours.
                  We will not be bothering the relegation places this year. We are quite good actually, when injuries allow and we don't play like nobbs! I think we will beat Forest.
                  Enjoy your day.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
                    Hi,

The Moorbrook (PR1 1RU) is a popular pre-match pub with lots of cask/craft ale (though you're driving) and freshly made woodfired pizzas and burgers for the hungry. There is also all-day parking to the rear for about £3. It is a 15min walk to/from the ground but that can leave you clear of matchday traffic afterward if you turn left at the car park traffic lights.

However if you want to park nearby, have a quick drink and leg it after the game I recommend parking on Gillett Street (PR1 5HX) and nipping into Deepdale Labour Club (50p entry) on the way. After the game head up Gillett Street, cross Ribbleton Lane on to Geoffrey Street and at the end of that turn left on to New Hall Lane. From there just follow the road to the M6.
                    Last edited by AndySaville; 14-01-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks again, regards tickets all I had to do was register my details online and then order them online.

looking forward to the game as from what I have seen and heard both teams like to get the ball down and play.

hopefully wonít be too cold, forecasting snow next week!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post

I would have thought Junction 31 was your best bet. Left off the motorway, straight up New Hall Lane to the roundabout where the Cemetry pub is, turn right onto Blackpool Road, straight on until you pass the retail park, and then look to park on the side streets around there.
                        If you do come off at Junction 31, be aware that there are average speed camera's from the motoway junction, until just after you reach the top of the hill (40 MPH limit), after you leave the section covered by average speed camera's the speed limit reduces to 30 MPH and there's a fixed speed camera.

Comment

Originally posted by WADSH View Post
                          I wonder why the club sold tickets in the home end to someone, a newbie, who's not been on before? Unless...
                          What do you mean? Anyone can go to any football game and buy a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by baha View Post

What do you mean? Anyone can go to any football game and buy a ticket
                            I thought you had to be registered with the club concerned to buy tickets

Comment

I did register to get my tickets

Comment

Working...
                              X