Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNE eyeing to Sign early Transfer Targets in Jan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 19:17
    PRESTON CHASE LEDSON

    Preston have made an offer for Oxford midfielder Ryan Ledson, Sky Sports News understands.

    Just seen this article on the Sky Sports transfer live thread.
    According to Sky sources, the 20-year-old is interested in a potential move to the Championship club this month.

    But it is also understood Oxford are reluctant to sell the former Everton academy player, who has 18 months left on his current contract.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by marsbars View Post
      above 800k I'm told ......
      Do you know by any chance if they have accepted the offer or not, I ask this because according to Sky Sources Oxford Don't want to sell?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by keithaw View Post
        Do you know by any chance if they have accepted the offer or not, I ask this because according to Sky Sources Oxford Don't want to sell?
        We've improved the bid several times is all I know and its 'very likely he'll be announced as a signing, next week'.
        Alex Neil This club has had a certain style for four years and Im trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by marsbars View Post
          We've improved the bid several times is all I know and its 'very likely he'll be announced as a signing, next week'.
          Ok thanks

          Comment


          • Originally posted by keithaw View Post
            Ok thanks
            Ooooo

            Comment


            • Posted below is a sky sports article regarding Ledson.
              https://t.co/H44U1w68Rw?amp=1
              Last edited by keithaw; 12-01-2018, 08:33 PM.

              Comment


              • Good old sky sources....

                http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...er-ryan-ledson

                Preston have made an offer for Oxford midfielder Ryan Ledson, Sky Sports News understands.

                Sky sources have claimed the 20-year-old is potentially interested in a move to the Championship club this month.

                But it is also understood Oxford are reluctant to sell the former Everton academy player, who has 18 months left on his current contract.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JK View Post
                  As you were saying earlier that you be very surprised if he isn’t a PNE player by the end of next week, Do you think that they are behind times with this statement, compared to what is or as happen etc? HAHA
                  Last edited by keithaw; 12-01-2018, 08:47 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by keithaw View Post
                    As you were saying earlier that you be very surprised if he isnt a PNE player by the end of next week, Do you think that they are behind times with this statement, compared to what is or as happen etc? HAHA
                    It looks like there may be further developments at the Oxford end. We've been on the receiving end of 'co-ordinated' attempts to 'make moves happen', and it isn't very nice for anyone involved with the selling club; unfortunately this seems to be the way football operates these days and invariably moves of this type are pushed through more often than not:-

                    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...mpionship/amp/

                    Comment


                    • Morning all lillywhites........now Ryan ledson,he's class reminds of Paul scholes with his passing,vision and certainly his tackling,and hot headed. If you think 750k will get him then you are very wrong,it will be double that and more. Great player and I've met him a few times he's a top lad who's loved down here by all ox fans. We're in a position we haven't been in for years,We don't need to sell we have made upwards of 9 million or more in past 2 seasons off roofe,odowda,Johnson,lundstram.heard a rumour that we've rejected a bid of 800k ,I don't know how viable that is but that's what I was told last night. This deal hasn't even begun yet so thia will go on and on.....ps hope you don't mind the post......hope we both get 3 points today

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Oufctillidie View Post
                        Morning all lillywhites........now Ryan ledson,he's class reminds of Paul scholes with his passing,vision and certainly his tackling,and hot headed. If you think 750k will get him then you are very wrong,it will be double that and more. Great player and I've met him a few times he's a top lad who's loved down here by all ox fans. We're in a position we haven't been in for years,We don't need to sell we have made upwards of 9 million or more in past 2 seasons off roofe,odowda,Johnson,lundstram.heard a rumour that we've rejected a bid of 800k ,I don't know how viable that is but that's what I was told last night. This deal hasn't even begun yet so thia will go on and on.....ps hope you don't mind the post......hope we both get 3 points today
                        Morning mate, 500k/600k for Ledson is definitely too low, I’d imagine anywhere around 800k/1M and he’s gone. He’s bound to want to come to a young, hungry championship side who have knocked on the door of the playoffs the last couple of years. Oxford are a good side but he is going to want to leave a side mid table in league one so he will most likely try and force the move through ( hence the cheapish fee) Who knows though- you have made a lot of money from player sales.

                        Side note, those on your forum continuously bashing Preston for being a small club need to get real. We might not be as big as Leeds, Villa, Sunderland but we are bigger than Oxford and Ledson would love to come here.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Stanneswhite View Post
                          Morning mate, 500k/600k for Ledson is definitely too low, Id imagine anywhere around 800k/1M and hes gone. Hes bound to want to come to a young, hungry championship side who have knocked on the door of the playoffs the last couple of years. Oxford are a good side but he is going to want to leave a side mid table in league one so he will most likely try and force the move through ( hence the cheapish fee) Who knows though- you have made a lot of money from player sales.

                          Side note, those on your forum continuously bashing Preston for being a small club need to get real. We might not be as big as Leeds, Villa, Sunderland but we are bigger than Oxford and Ledson would love to come here.
                          Mid table? We're 3 points off the playoffs mate. It's nothing to do with club size,some of our fans live in the past and not the present........tjis lad is class as I've said on my earlier post......but 1 million won't get you him pal,I'll give you an example,Marvin Johnson wanted to go to Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough offered between 1 and 2 million twice,ox said no it's 3 mill or no deal,Boro stumped up 3 mill plus,it'll be the same with ledson,the club value him very highly and it's gonna cost more than you're offering. Would love him to stay as an ox fan would

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Oufctillidie View Post
                            Mid table? We're 3 points off the playoffs mate. It's nothing to do with club size,some of our fans live in the past and not the present........tjis lad is class as I've said on my earlier post......but 1 million won't get you him pal,I'll give you an example,Marvin Johnson wanted to go to Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough offered between 1 and 2 million twice,ox said no it's 3 mill or no deal,Boro stumped up 3 mill plus,it'll be the same with ledson,the club value him very highly and it's gonna cost more than you're offering. Would love him to stay as an ox fan would
                            I apologise for the inaccuracy if the mid table comment- you were like 7/8 points when I last checked! I know you aren’t Bristol Rovers and Bodin had 6 months left on his deal but Gasheads were saying we’d need 2 Mil for him. Got him for around 400k. Oxford are a club who sign young players and improve them, then sell them on. It’s a great business model but surely that model would dictate that you don’t stand in someone’s way especially if they want to leave to a club in the top half of the division above. You have also signed another prodigious talent in Brannagan ( I know they are different players) but seems a strange time to sign him. Deals like this tend to get done.

                            Comment


                            • Oxford have made some good sales on players to the championship and had they not perhaps instead of looking up at the play offs they would be pushing towards automatic.

                              It is evident we have bid and if the player and his agent want this move it will likely happen.

                              I expect Oxford want to create an auction which could see us outbid as I don’t expect us to go to 7 figures.

                              I hope that no other championship club yet sees in this lad what we have.

                              Comment


                              • I guess if a club really wanted to dig their heals in they could like we did with Hugill?

                                Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X