Where will we finish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regardless View Post
    I know it's not serious but rather than having an option for relegation (which will only serve to flush out the trolls and lashers on here!), it would have been interesting to break the top half option into perhaps 7th-9th (i.e. close but no cigar) and 10th-12th (where people think we'll fall away a bit, like last year).

If my mortgage was on it, I'd predict 8-9th... so I went with the 7-13th(!) option. But play-offs are a distinct possibility still.
    Like you I think were going to fall short but I think were only just going to fall short and 7th wouldnt surprise me at all.

Its not over though, not by a long way.
    "The gig economy is nothing new, its simply the reincarnation of an ancient evil."

Justin Welby

Comment

Originally posted by Regardless View Post
      I know it's not serious but rather than having an option for relegation (which will only serve to flush out the trolls and lashers on here!), it would have been interesting to break the top half option into perhaps 7th-9th (i.e. close but no cigar) and 10th-12th (where people think we'll fall away a bit, like last year).

If my mortgage was on it, I'd predict 8-9th... so I went with the 7-13th(!) option. But play-offs are a distinct possibility still.
      Fair comment, however I thought it would encourage more people to post on the thread if there was room for a bit of ambiguity.

FWIW I think we will finish either 6th or 7th. At the moment it is a toss of the coin.
      Please support PNE-Online by becoming a FORUM PATRON

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post
        Fair comment, however I thought it would encourage more people to post on the thread if there was room for a bit of ambiguity.

FWIW I think we will finish either 6th or 7th. At the moment it is a toss of the coin.
        As I said in my post JK it all depends on how the others around us get on. If they falter and we keep getting good results, we can still make it. Fingers crossed eh?

Comment

I can't remember where I predicted we would finish but I bet it'll bang on.
          It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Comment

I previously posted top 6. Think we will just miss out this season. Had some bad luck with injuries, and while we've been hard to beat, the drawn games have been our achilles heal.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHodgeheg123 View Post
              I can't remember where I predicted we would finish but I bet it'll bang on.
              Ha Ha Ha, that old line eh !!

I think that i predicted that we will finish 16th-18th , so its been a bonus season for me....................

Comment

3 out of 4 of us that have voted, think that we will miss out on the play offs, but the lads have had a damn fine season !!

Well done to all the playing staff and the manager..........
                Last edited by Ando60; 13-03-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Outside play offs unfortunately, but next season whoever finishes directly above is will be champions.
                  Last edited by California_PNE; 13-03-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post

Then you missed a trick by not making one of the options to be "6th-7th"

Comment

Originally posted by Ando60 View Post
                      Ha Ha Ha, that old line eh !!

I think that i predicted that we will finish 16th-18th , so its been a bonus season for me....................
                      I think 8th but voting 14 to 21 should subliminally make me think 8th is as good as promotion !!

Comment

Think we'll just finish short of the playoffs, but still a very good first season under Neil.
                        'Say goodbye to the pain of the past. Say hello to the championship. It's his day it's Preston's day'

Comment

Slightly off topic.......... Barnsley are winning at the moment, which leaves birmingham and Burton 5 points from safety and Sunderland 7 points from safety

I feel a bit sorry for Burton...........

I couldnt give a toss about Sunderland or Brum !!!

Comment

Didn't post on the original thread but I think we'll just miss play-off's and come 7th, as someone has put earlier I would like us to stay in this division and strengthen further as a few key positions need to be looked at. Still got faith that we can make top 6 but the next games are going to be crucial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            WE'RE THE ONE AND ONLY NORTH END

Comment

I’ve just looked at the poll results. I concluded that Preach is mathematically challenged. Burton & Brum can only achieve a maximum of 57 points if they win every game. We’re already on 57. Barring a massive points deduction, we won’t be relegated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                                I’ve just looked at the poll results. I concluded that Preach is mathematically challenged. Burton & Brum can only achieve a maximum of 57 points if they win every game. We’re already on 57. Barring a massive points deduction, we won’t be relegated.
                                It's this sort of statistical analysis that sets this forum apart from all others.

Comment

Working...
                                X