No announcement yet.

Ins/ outs players wise this summer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive just put on the other thread that now Accringtn Stanley can offer league one football they might just take a chance on one or two of our older/younger players like John Welsh or Simpson.
    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by sf View Post
      Anyone who thinks Tom Clarke isn't good enough is talking utter shit.

Him and Huntington are solid as a rock. If anything we need a fourth centre back bringing in for competition as Spurr is a crock.
      I agree with the last four words. But Clarke and Huntington are often slow, out of position and can't pass. This is the area we need wholesale change, with a new right back to cover Fisher and perhaps just use Hunts as cover also.

Comment

Him and Huntington are solid as a rock. If anything we need a fourth centre back bringing in for competition as Spurr is a crock.
        Another thing about Tom is the 'myth' that he's shit as a right back. I thought against Leeds, when Fisher was injured, he had a good game and got forward a few times, linking up well with Bodin.

Against Middlesbrough, at home, he again deputised for Fisher. His direct opponent was Adoma Traore, a fast and tricky winger. Clarke kept him reasonably quiet first half, so much so that Traore swapped flanks. He was then up against Callum Woods and he got a lot more joy second half. I think sometimes, PNE fans are a bit too eager, to say goodbye to good, solid, experienced players, like Tom Clarke.

Comment

Just returned from watching Accy Stanley win promotion. Really impressed with young center back James Dunne who’s on loan from Burnley. Would love to see him in a Pne shirt, he’s going to be some player imo.

Comment

Originally posted by pet shop boy View Post
            Just returned from watching Accy Stanley win promotion. Really impressed with young center back James Dunne who’s on loan from Burnley. Would love to see him in a Pne shirt, he’s going to be some player imo.
            If we was to sell Davies in the summer, signing Dunne on loan as a replacement could be a relatively cheap alternative. Hopefully we're not going to become a "selling" club though.
            Jillhad - a peaceful and tolerant fight back

Comment

Accrington have won 8 and drawn 1 of their last 9 matches and they have only used 1 substitute in those 9 games and that was due to an injury in the Exeter game.
              Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

Comment

I agree, they are solid at Championship level. However, we are looking to move forward not stand still, if we have got promoted a number of the younger players 'may' be able to contribute as squad players or actually prove themselves to be good enough to play at that level. I don't think Hunts and Clarke would fall into that category. Therefore, do we stick with what we have, or cash in whilst they have some residual value and look to replace them with players who have their best years in front of them (i.e. similar to, or better than Ben Davies), who may be able to contribute if we got promoted.

Comment

Source is most definitely not a crock. He's injury prone as many players his age but reliable and as solid as Clarke at CB. No idea why he was ever thought of as a left back. He's a class CB imo

Comment

Originally posted by Mancunian White View Post
                    Source is most definitely not a crock. He's injury prone as many players his age but reliable and as solid as Clarke at CB. No idea why he was ever thought of as a left back. He's a class CB imo
                    Presumably because he played at LB for most of his career? Although no doubting he’s been better centrally for us.

The age we’ve had Spurr at (28-30) should’ve been his peak years as a defender, but he regularly picks up lengthy injuries, and takes a long time to get going again when put into the side due to his quite top-heavy build.

He does a job for the odd game (when he is actually fully fit) but I doubt he’d be good enough to play regularly for any side in this division tbh. I think he’d have to drop a division to play week in week out.

With him now not even making the matchday squads even when fit, I’d expect him to leave in the summer in pursuit of more football, and PNE to bring in a younger, fitter 4th CB for competition/cover.

Also could see the same happening with Woods at RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Garden Gnome View Post
                      I agree with the last four words. But Clarke and Huntington are often slow, out of position and can't pass. This is the area we need wholesale change, with a new right back to cover Fisher and perhaps just use Hunts as cover also.
                      Disagree completely, Huntington and Clarke are key squad members and perfect partners for Ben Davies.

Slow yes, but out of position? are you kidding?

Hunts has been ever-present in a side chasing top 6, no chance he needs replacing any time soon.
                      Last edited by sf; 18-04-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mancunian White View Post
                        By crock I mean injury prone, he played very well at centre back but how many games have we got out of the bloke?

Comment

Originally posted by janiejones View Post
                          Another thing about Tom is the 'myth' that he's shit as a right back. I thought against Leeds, when Fisher was injured, he had a good game and got forward a few times, linking up well with Bodin.

Against Middlesbrough, at home, he again deputised for Fisher. His direct opponent was Adoma Traore, a fast and tricky winger. Clarke kept him reasonably quiet first half, so much so that Traore swapped flanks. He was then up against Callum Woods and he got a lot more joy second half. I think sometimes, PNE fans are a bit too eager, to say goodbye to good, solid, experienced players, like Tom Clarke.
                          I've said that a few times too, he's dependable at right back, obviously better in the centre but hasn't let us down when he's filled in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Town_ender View Post
                            I agree, they are solid at Championship level. However, we are looking to move forward not stand still, if we have got promoted a number of the younger players 'may' be able to contribute as squad players or actually prove themselves to be good enough to play at that level. I don't think Hunts and Clarke would fall into that category. Therefore, do we stick with what we have, or cash in whilst they have some residual value and look to replace them with players who have their best years in front of them (i.e. similar to, or better than Ben Davies), who may be able to contribute if we got promoted.
                            Like my reply to Garden Gnome, you can't just replace leaders like Huntington or Clarke and rely on inexperienced players.

Clarke coming back into defence has coincided with 2 wins on the bounce. We need 4 good centre backs.

Comment

Originally posted by princeinpieces View Post
                              If we was to sell Davies in the summer, signing Dunne on loan as a replacement could be a relatively cheap alternative. Hopefully we're not going to become a "selling" club though.
                              Why on earth would we sell Davies this summer? He's had his first season as an ever present player in the Championship and has just signed another contract till 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
                                Presumably because he played at LB for most of his career? Although no doubting he’s been better centrally for us.

The age we’ve had Spurr at (28-30) should’ve been his peak years as a defender, but he regularly picks up lengthy injuries, and takes a long time to get going again when put into the side due to his quite top-heavy build.

He does a job for the odd game (when he is actually fully fit) but I doubt he’d be good enough to play regularly for any side in this division tbh. I think he’d have to drop a division to play week in week out.

With him now not even making the matchday squads even when fit, I’d expect him to leave in the summer in pursuit of more football, and PNE to bring in a younger, fitter 4th CB for competition/cover.

Also could see the same happening with Woods at RB.
                                I agree his injury proneness is a problem for us and thus we can't depend on him but I think you're forgetting the start of the season when he was very unlucky to be pushed out by Davies. He's as good as any of our centre halves in my opinion, just lacks Davies' ball playing ability.

He could do a job for any mid table side in this league, if he stays fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X