This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardiff In For Cunningham

Knew it wouldnt be long before bids started to come in for some of our top players...cunningham would be big loss and hard to replace

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44380823

Originally posted by By Tor View Post
    Knew it wouldnt be long before bids started to come in for some of our top players...cunningham would be big loss and hard to replace

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44380823
    Shit.

Comment

He'd be a massive miss for us, though I don't have any doubt's that he would struggle in the Premiership.
      "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
      Brian Clough

Comment

Realistically if this is true how much should a fee be - £7m? Whatever if they want Cunningham it has to be a single payment upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by ernest View Post
          Realistically if this is true how much should a fee be - £7m? Whatever if they want Cunningham it has to be a single payment upfront.
          Someone was quoting £5m on Twitter at the weekend. I'd hope we got at least £7m or £8m with none of it dependent on them staying up.

Comment

Originally posted by paddysr View Post
            Someone was quoting £5m on Twitter at the weekend. I'd hope we got at least £7m or £8m with none of it dependent on them staying up.
            I rate Cunningham as much as anyone but pretty sure we won’t be getting £7-8m for a LB with 1 year left on his deal. £4-5m max. IMO.

Comment

Just had a quick check on their board and they are talking as if he would be going as 2nd choice behind Bennett...

Comment

Just had a quick check on their board and they are talking as if he would be going as 2nd choice behind Bennett...
                Think they and Bennett might be in for a shock if he does go!

Comment

Whatever I would tell them to get lost if they offered anything less than £5m upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by kbd_pne View Post
                    I rate Cunningham as much as anyone but pretty sure we won’t be getting £7-8m for a LB with 1 year left on his deal. £4-5m max. IMO.
                    Can but hope. In all fairness £5m is about what I would expect.

If it does happen I think there will be a fans revolt if the club don't put the money straight in the transfer pot given that on face value it looks like we are sat on the Hugill money.

Comment

If he goes he goes, we got him on a free and it's time for Josh!

Fifty quid
                      Fifty quid, Josh donated
                      Fifty quid, Fifty quid I say
                      Fifty quid
                      Fifty quid, Josh donated
                      Playing football in the Preston way!

Comment

Originally posted by marsbars View Post
                        Think they and Bennett might be in for a shock if he does go!
                        Yup

Comment

Originally posted by California_PNE View Post
                          If he goes he goes, we got him on a free and it's time for Josh!

Fifty quid
                          Fifty quid, Josh donated
                          Fifty quid, Fifty quid I say
                          Fifty quid
                          Fifty quid, Josh donated
                          Playing football in the Preston way!
                          I still think he is 12 months away from being a guaranteed starter at this level. Wouldn't be against giving him the opportunity though. We have Woods and Spurr for cover if they can stay fit.

Comment

Don't panic!
                            Ok he is likely to go ..... but may choose to stay in a winning team here than join likely strugglers for higher wages for 12 months with few win bonuses.
                            If he goes we do have cover already ...and after the success of Fisher at right back I am sure another replacement for left back has already been identified by Neil and his staff.
                            Fee. LARGE. I would accept add ons but insist of a basic £8m first.

Comment

I still think he is 12 months away from being a guaranteed starter at this level. Wouldn't be against giving him the opportunity though. We have Woods and Spurr for cover if they can stay fit.
                              Course he is 12months off idealy paddy he's gonna have to pull his finger out and step up mate, this is his time. I have faith.
                              Greg prob wants to stay but it's simply something that makes sense in his career to take the risk and move.

We will deal with it. So will Josh.

Comment

Working...
                              X