Cunningham joins Cardiff (Confirmed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pne4ever View Post
    Warnock will be gone by Christmas and Cardiff will be back in the Championship after one season.
    It's just about the money.
    So what if it was about money, he owes the club nothing.

Fans need to remember that players have little affiliation to clubs, they aren't fans they are doing a job.

Greg gave absolutely everything for this club, as pointed out he tried to run off a broken leg. You have the right to be gutted but he has done no wrong.

If he wanted a big pay day then fair play to him, the club doesn't pay those kind of wages so i have no problem with players going if they can get better terms elsewhere its just what happens, we have done the same thing to irish lads, storey, simpson, bodin, ledson, the list goes on.

Stop being such a fanny about it!

Comment

Quality LB, quality person and given nothing more than his best for his wages..... If we'd have gone up he'd probably have stayed. We didn't and so he moves on for tripple wages at a higher level that may make him secure for life.. Who wouldn't?.................. And on top of that he's good enough to go even further. Best of luck to him.
      Vote For John Brown

Comment

Give it a couple of days, then we'll start seeing the 'he wasn't actually that good' comments. Always happens.
        Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.

Comment

I'm amazed that there has been any negativity about the lad on here. One of our most consistent performers and has conducted himself with professionalism and dignity throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by paddysr View Post
            I'm amazed that there has been any negativity about the lad on here. One of our most consistent performers and has conducted himself with professionalism and dignity throughout.
            Some fans think there is no bigger club than PNE and canít accept when players move on to bigger things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nishtar36 View Post
              Some fans think there is no bigger club than PNE and canít accept when players move on to bigger things.
              Let's say for example the club dug their heels in...

What example would that set to the others here and potential future signings? Our players have to believe that if they prove themselves but as a club we don't make it up (and even if we do) that they will be allowed to move on if a chance to test themselves at a higher level arrives.

Comment

It appears that there are some biased opinions based on whether they like a person or not.
                If we'd have offered Cunningham the same wages as Cardiff would he have stayed ? highly likely ( if this is the case then the wanting to play at a higher level stuff is a red herring)
                If we'd have offered Mcgeady the same pay terms as Sunderland he would have continued playing for us.
                Both had a big impact on the club and cannot see much difference in either case. But because people like Cunningham more ,then his move is seen through rose tinted glasses whereas Mcgeady is seen as a greedy b@stard.
                Still wish Greg all the best for the future and appreciate his efforts for the club,same as Mcgeady.

Comment

Originally posted by paddysr View Post
                  Aye you're correct there. And we got a few seasons and made 3.7 million profit. Nowt to moan about here.

Close the thread mods.

Comment

Originally posted by PNEroulette View Post
                    It appears that there are some biased opinions based on whether they like a person or not.
                    If we'd have offered Cunningham the same wages as Cardiff would he have stayed ? highly likely ( if this is the case then the wanting to play at a higher level stuff is a red herring)
                    If we'd have offered Mcgeady the same pay terms as Sunderland he would have continued playing for us.
                    Both had a big impact on the club and cannot see much difference in either case. But because people like Cunningham more ,then his move is seen through rose tinted glasses whereas Mcgeady is seen as a greedy b@stard.
                    Still wish Greg all the best for the future and appreciate his efforts for the club,same as Mcgeady.
                    Greg was here for three years, McGeady was on loan so thatís a silly argument.

Had a championship club come in for Greg and offered him the same deal as Cardiff who are in the Premier League then he would probably have chosen Cardiff.

You seem to be accusing him of being some sort of mercenary and itís fairly obvious he wasnít.

He was a model professional who has moved on to further his career.
                    Please support PNE-Online by becoming a FORUM PATRON

Comment

I'm not accusing him of anything ,JK, just stating what appears to have happened not what I hope has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMarkLeonard View Post
                        Best PNE left back in my lifetime, and we've done superbly well to get £3.5-£4m for a left back in the last year of his deal that we got on a free and has had bad injury issues.

He goes with my very best wishes. Great player, great servant, great professional and didn't just have quality: I lost count of how many times he put his body and head in the way of shots etc.

Top notch and thank Greg.
                        +1

Great servant to PNE.

Good Luck Greg.

Comment

I think it was inevitable that he would go, and he leaves with my very best wishes.

We obviously have a few other players who are likely to attract interest and I think this sends them a positive message that the club wonít stand in their way if a premiership team comes calling and the valuation is matched. But in the meantime you are contracted to the club here, and we intend to go places.

Perversely , this could actually help settle the squad.

Comment

Gutted really. A mate who is a CCFC fan reckons he wonít be first choice unless they sell (which he canít see happening). I hope for GC that heís not going to be a perpetual bench warmer. Heís too good for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigMarkLeonard View Post
                              Best PNE left back in my lifetime, and we've done superbly well to get £3.5-£4m for a left back in the last year of his deal that we got on a free and has had bad injury issues.

He goes with my very best wishes. Great player, great servant, great professional and didn't just have quality: I lost count of how many times he put his body and head in the way of shots etc.

Top notch and thank Greg.
                              Agree 100%.

Cunningham deserves to leave with nothing less than the best wishes of the fans. The club has also done well to negotiate a decent price for him under the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDeepdale1 View Post
                                Gutted really. A mate who is a CCFC fan reckons he wonít be first choice unless they sell (which he canít see happening). I hope for GC that heís not going to be a perpetual bench warmer. Heís too good for that.

We will miss him but if he has signed to warm the bench his heart isnít in the game . I donít believe that in Greg so I would expect him to fight for and probably hold that left back spot . Good luck to him and youíre welcome to that Colin Wanker too .

Comment

Working...
                                X