*Potential New PNE Fan*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheChrisCollier View Post
    I support them since they are the local team, but I am actually a Titans fan. I guess you could say they’re my #2. Haha

Although, I did work for the Vikings as a Guest Expirence Rep when I first move here. Let me tell ya, the stadium is absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is the Purple a tribute to Prince? He was from there, right?
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12

Comment

• Now that is what I call a big screen. Time to replace ours at Deepdale... It is a touch embarrassing, plus we could do with one at each end.

Comment

• The Vikings were of the colour purple long before Prince.

They had a fearsome defence (defense?) back in the 1970s which was referred to as 'The Purple People Eaters'. They got to 4 Superbowls in that era.....all of which they lost!

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyfoz View Post
          The Vikings were of the colour purple long before Prince.

They had a fearsome defence (defense?) back in the 1970s which was referred to as 'The Purple People Eaters'. They got to 4 Superbowls in that era.....all of which they lost!
          Purple Pain , Purple Pain !

Comment

• Originally posted by Garden Gnome View Post
            Now that is what I call a big screen. Time to replace ours at Deepdale... It is a touch embarrassing, plus we could do with one at each end.
            You obviously haven't seen the screens in the Dallas Cowboys stadium. Biggest in world I'm told but Texans would say that wouldn't they

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickypne View Post
              Ah Tottenham, the Lilywhites. Well PNE are the Lilywhites and years ago Tottenham wanted to enter the Football League but were skint. They asked PNE(who were the main team back then) if they could donate a Kit. Pne obliged and since then Tottenham have been called the Lilywhites after us and have always adopted the same colour Kits as PNE(apart from Green lately). The story is something like this lol, if anyone knows the exact story and can correct me then please feel free to do so for Chris
              As far as I'm aware Spurs merely changed their kit in honour of PNE, the invincibles and all that. Prior to that they played in a chocolate brown kit.

Comment

• Originally posted by pne4ever View Post
                You obviously haven't seen the screens in the Dallas Cowboys stadium. Biggest in world I'm told but Texans would say that wouldn't they
                They used to be, there are ones in Jacksonville that are bigger.

Incidently when they play basketball at the Cowboys stadium the screens are bigger than the basketball court...

Comment

• Originally posted by pne4ever View Post
                  I’d imagine Texans still think they are the biggest state.

Comment

• Alright pal, welcome to the greatest team in football (real football, not egg chasing football)......... Preston North End. I lost my original account email so i couldnt login so I had to create an account. Im actually from Preston, but live in Saint Paul / Minneapolis. I came over to play football for college and played with MN United for two years. I have my USSF E and D license as well as the United Soccer Coaches National and Advanced National Diploma. What club are you with right now? Im the academy director at Mahtomedi Soccer Association. You should send me a message.

Comment

• My American hometown team......When did you come over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsh17 View Post
                        Alright pal, welcome to the greatest team in football (real football, not egg chasing football)......... Preston North End. I lost my original account email so i couldnt login so I had to create an account. Im actually from Preston, but live in Saint Paul / Minneapolis. I came over to play football for college and played with MN United for two years. I have my USSF E and D license as well as the United Soccer Coaches National and Advanced National Diploma. What club are you with right now? Im the academy director at Mahtomedi Soccer Association. You should send me a message.
                        Sent you a PM!

Comment

Working...
                        X